OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It's better than watching hairy almost nude behind of S. Connery in Zardoz. If you want to be pissed off by the actor who did James Bond, that's your movie !

angusyoung

raise yor hand if u luv the beach as much as i do
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
No doubt.
It's also toned down, Yoshida was pretty critical of the inaction and lack of support from the government and TEPCO during this nightmarish week, this is pretty much all gone, probably in an effort to not offend anyone.
Don't know of any government that is ever saying the full truth:dunno:

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Got the heads up that Endeavour is about to release the next season:vhappy:but it's also the last season:cry:

download.jpg

Reactions: bopeep and Runner77

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
la nuit du 12 (The Night of the 12th): 8/10 good movie

Spider-Man : Across the Spider-Verse: 8/10 visually stunning.

the great season 3 : 7/10

jury duty : 7/10 average show

Last edited:

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw this flick a wee back,got duped! had nothing to do with the city!:mad:
It was still ok though.

Im watching channel zero with my girlfriend , anybody ever seen it? Pretty spooky , kinda meh but its consumable
Consumable eh? I got some combustibles that are pretty consumable too.;)

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'm in my late 30s. I think pat sajak is the last guy left that I can recall being on tv since I can remember.

He's one of those guys who just was a constant in the tv world like Trebek, Bob Cole, Bob barker, Don cherry etc...

But everything comes to an end.
I've seen the show he does, never watched it but at a taping of Password in the 80's with Burt Convey,Sajak was one of the guest players,just didn't like him.
Burt Convey though was marvelous,such a charming and likable man.RIP

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Seven.....the tv series on Netflix directed by Fincher.....YES PLEASE!!!!

Yeah, but how long before he abandons that project too? 1 season, 2 seasons?

I wish he'd finish Mindhunter.

Mind you, I'm a huge fan of Fincher. Saw Alien 3 in theater and been a fan ever since. Fight Club is one of my all-time favorite movies. Still, he's a bit frustrating to be a fan of. Could never get the Rama series off the ground. Goes into a project and then leaves. And yeah, Mindhunters. That one ticks me off. Get it done ffs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No more hockey so I'm trying to get into some series.....not easy.

The Crowded Room on Apple TV with Tom Holland/Amanda Seyfried:
3 episodes in and I think I've already figured out the whole thing......still watchable but not into it as I would have expected, especially since the whole thing is predictable

Silo also on Apple TV: Also 3 episode in and it makes me think about the movie ''The island'' from a couple of years ago. Dystopian future where people live in a Silo and can't get out because of something bad outside nobody really knows why. Again, watchable without being wow.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I see black mirror just came out with a new season.

I love this series, but I'm wondering how many more shows they can do in this niche genre without overlapping into ideas they have already explored. I feel like some episodes have already been repetitive in the past.

Anyways, looking forward to check it out regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
the diplomat season 1: 7.8/10 good season

black mirror season 6: 7.5/10 good first 3 episode. Laughable episode 4 and serviceable episode 5. It's good to see Aaron Paul with a good performance in a good episode. Still no new episodes reach the high of early black mirror.

our flag means death season 1: 7.3/10 not a bad watch if you like taika waititi kind of comedy.

Reactions: Redux91

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I started on Succession, and after seeing half of season 1, l don't get why its so highly rated. Does it go on the same for 4 seasons? I must be missing something.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I just finished watching it. What a wild ride! Gripping from start to finish.

The guy who played Greg had me splitting a gut the whole way through. Baruchel was just superb. The guy who played Balsillie was a force of nature and created the most havoc per scene I have ever seen in a movie.

Would definitely recommend, there’s nothing quite like it.
Great movie. The music was amazing. Funny as hell and Howerton should get a nomination. I don't know if you meant Doug by Greg but that's the director of the movie Matt Johnson. He made the tv show Nirvanna The Band The Show which is low key possibly the funniest Canadian show ever. Maybe not quite up there with Trailer Park Boys but oh so close. It's like the most low budget show ever while possibly being the highest budget show ever lol. Sounds impossible till you see it and you're like 'how are they allowed to do this?'

Only two short seasons and a web series (which came out before and I haven't watched it yet). Highly highly recommend. Was super stoked when I found out he directed Blackberry. Hoping for more by him. He's an incredible talent.

It's better than watching hairy almost nude behind of S. Connery in Zardoz. If you want to be pissed off by the actor who did James Bond, that's your movie !
Nah Zardoz is legit one of the best sci fi movies ever.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Binge watched Ghosts of Beirut. It's good in a Zero Dark Thirty kind of way. It certainly comparable in many respects. Imad Mughniyeh was a murderous psychopath and the most wanted man on the planet prior to Bin Laden.

Reactions: angusyoung

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I started on Succession, and after seeing half of season 1, l don't get why its so highly rated. Does it go on the same for 4 seasons? I must be missing something.
It absolutely gets better but if you're not interested in the banter, wonky business maneuvering, and excessive backstabbing, then the show probably isn't for you.

Reactions: peate and Runner77

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Black Mirror season 6 is absolutely awful
Classic 2023 netflix stuff thrown into my face. Just Awful writing, Seriously even my girl doesn't like it and she likes every piece of modern trash Netflix media

Yeah, but how long before he abandons that project too? 1 season, 2 seasons?

I wish he'd finish Mindhunter.

Mind you, I'm a huge fan of Fincher. Saw Alien 3 in theater and been a fan ever since. Fight Club is one of my all-time favorite movies. Still, he's a bit frustrating to be a fan of. Could never get the Rama series off the ground. Goes into a project and then leaves. And yeah, Mindhunters. That one ticks me off. Get it done ffs.
Need more shows like Mindhunter, so good

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JT3

May 27, 2013
The Batman - Doesn't reach the same heights as the Nolan Trilogy for me, but better than the Affleck version. Solid flick overall, maybe a little long but I enjoyed the detective/noir style.

Exctraction 2 - Better than the first one, great action flick reminiscent a bit in style to John Wick. The prison scene was amazing, and Hemsworth dropping one liners in an aussie accent got some laughs.

The Covenant - Another enjoyable action/war movie from Guy Ritchie. A little more serious than his usual stuff, but overall a well put together movie. I'm a fan of Jake G and enjoyed him in this, but the co-lead Dar Salim stole the show. I don't really look into movies much before watching so Antony Starr showing up in act 3 was a nice little surprise too.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Picked up the complete series,same vein as Endevour or Inspector Morse,same creator,thoroughly enjoyable through a few episodes.

300px-Lewis_TV_Series.jpg

Reactions: Fenris

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I just watched American Graffiti for the first time and I don't quite know why it took me over 40 years to do so, especially considering I really love the very similar (in structure at least) Dazed and Confused.

Is it controversial to call Graffiti the best Lucas-directed movie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad