OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Got to see Antman and the Wasp; Quantummania this afternoon and it was pretty good; I got to say that Marvel knocked it out of the park with casting Jonathan Majors as Kang and his multiple versions going forward.

For any Marvel fans who haven't seen the movie yet, go see it, it is the way to getting the overall storyline back on track and the mid-credit scene and end credit scene are magnificent.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Got to see Antman and the Wasp; Quantummania this afternoon and it was pretty good; I got to say that Marvel knocked it out of the park with casting Jonathan Majors as Kang and his multiple versions going forward.

For any Marvel fans who haven't seen the movie yet, go see it, it is the way to getting the overall storyline back on track and the mid-credit scene and end credit scene are magnificent.

I wasn’t as enthused about it. It was definitely better than Love and Thunder, but I can’t say I was a big fan of the film.

Agree Majors was well cast, but I also felt Kang was under developed in the film. Mid-credit was ok, but the end credit was amazing.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I received the prompt from NF and thought, why am I paying you guys for your shitty streaming service when there are better options available. Do any of you have Disney+? If so is it any good or are there even better options?
Just for steaming Netflix is definitely the best, prime is good because you also have music and free delivery… Disney+ is the worst because there is almost no new content they have big franchise but the new stuff is very bland even has a marvel and Star Wars fan it isn’t worth it…

Reactions: Runner77

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
I wasn’t as enthused about it. It was definitely better than Love and Thunder, but I can’t say I was a big fan of the film.

Agree Majors was well cast, but I also felt Kang was under developed in the film. Mid-credit was ok, but the end credit was amazing.
I loved the mid credit scene until I saw the end credit scene which I believe is part of the trailer we are getting on Monday for Loki Season 2; The look on Tom Hiddleston's face of fear as he looks at one of Kang's variants is so well done.

The mid credit scene backs up what I have speculated for awhile now- I strongly believe that the Fantastic 4 movie that we will be getting in about 2 years time will have them fighting Kang variant, Rama Tut- the one you see with the Egyptian headdress where they force him back to his timeline and they end up back in present day having been lost in time since the 1960s- Rama Tut's emblem was seen in Moon Knight and Dr. Strange joked about the Fantastic 4 charting in the 1960s in Multiverse of Madness last year- this will be the way to bring them in and explain why they haven't been around in the MCU for storyline purposes.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Had two Netflix accounts, one with the kids and the ex. Ex consulted with the kids (who live in Vancity and Mtl), and we’ve dropped it. Kids don’t care. I have the one with the GF now. But unsure we will keep it. I essentially use it for odd movies and Better Feed Phil.

Prime Video comes in with Prime account and I keep it for Bosch and Goliath and some other stuff.

I don’t have time for other streaming services really.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I feel "You" ran out of steam, for me at least ,near the very end of its first season. To the point I can't make myself finish watching S1, not right now anyway.

It's difficult to say why exactly, but I will offer my own theory.

I bought in near instantly, I was totally immersed first 2-3 episodes. It was one of the most entertaining stretches of watching any TV series ever for me. Maybe it's because this isn't my typical viewing, but I found it so fresh and its pace moving astonishingly quick. It was a thrilling ride, a wild fantasy, but very bold and well written.

That amazing first impression is what had me doubt it can sustain itself the longer it went, I mentioned it earlier and it came true. In my opinion, "You" gives its viewer too much and too fast and spoils them as the result. It then tries to grow its story and even give you some trying twists and/or intrigue, but its too late - there's nothing the script can do anymore, it's too late! Yes, the writing is still good and I do like the actors, but it's stale and old now because you exploded out of the gate so damn strong.

I'd still rather have it this way than the opposite, even if the show it "ruined" for me now. Still, those first few hours were magical and worth it.

I will try and re-visit, my hope is they go scorched Earth in S2 - it has to be nuclear or this one is dead on arrival IMO.

P.S. @Runner77 Would've been an epic mini-series. :laugh:

P.P.S. No, in all seriousness - this would be a riot framed in 3 or 4 hours. An absolute masterpiece. Not grounded in any reality, that is its strength, not weakness. Let it come at its audience like a tidal wave wrecking all in its path and be over in an instant.

Last edited:
  • Haha

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just did a search to find out when the final season of Snowfall was starting up and was very pleasantly surprised to see that it's actually starting tonight, Feb 22nd.

The trailer for the final season looks quite good and I've quite enjoyed this entire series.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Just for steaming Netflix is definitely the best, prime is good because you also have music and free delivery… Disney+ is the worst because there is almost no new content they have big franchise but the new stuff is very bland even has a marvel and Star Wars fan it isn’t worth it…

Prime TV app is bad though. Not as bad as Crave but it's not very good. But i take prime for the shipping anyway lol

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This thread makes me think of a comic strip I saw a few years ago:

d3423w2g5ur21.jpg
Yup only thing i'm subbed to is the google search bar :) It has never failed me once!

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Prime TV app is bad though. Not as bad as Crave but it's not very good. But i take prime for the shipping anyway lol

Amazon manages Prime Video as a mere throw-in to the Prime sub... and it show.
The app and the website are pure trash and a bit of contents would be more at home on some nutcase's youtube channel than on a premium streaming service.

It's also plagued with issues I've never ran into anywhere else, free platforms included:
Wrong episode/episode missing, ex: it should be EP03 but it's EP08 instead.
Wrong audio track, ex: you get the video track of EP03 and the audio track of EP08.
Wrong subtitles track, ex: same as above but with subtitles track.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Hey! I subscribe to Paramount Plus for the Champions, Europa Leagues and Seria A.
I just noticed they have the film "Babylon" as well. Anyone here who has watched it already?

Thanks,

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
A quick confession time. I'm a huge fan of Emily Blunt. I've seen everything there is with her in it, except one recent release.

Her and Amy Adams don't have a single disappointing production between the two of them. That is a fact and so it is written in stone. :innocent:

And they really try too.

So, I've been putting The English aside mostly because I had 0 TV times October-December, but now my body is ready.

Is this the first subpar appearance Blunt ever makes on camera? :scared:

Please, someone tell me.

EDIT: In all honestly, my expectations for THIS one are sky high. Might not be entirely objective, bu it checks a lot of boxes for me. Top thing in my queue that I am still dancing around.

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Amazon manages Prime Video as a mere throw-in to the Prime sub... and it show.
The app and the website are pure trash and a bit of contents would be more at home on some nutcase's youtube channel than on a premium streaming service.

It's also plagued with issues I've never ran into anywhere else, free platforms included:
Wrong episode/episode missing, ex: it should be EP03 but it's EP08 instead.
Wrong audio track, ex: you get the video track of EP03 and the audio track of EP08.
Wrong subtitles track, ex: same as above but with subtitles track.
I never ran into any issue but I having all 3 I still rank Netflix, Prime and Disneys+ in term of content.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I never ran into any issue but I having all 3 I still rank Netflix, Prime and Disneys+ in term of content.

Issues are probably related to the stuff I tend to watch, a ton of old and/or obscure stuffs, still make the platform come across as a bit amateurish tho.

In term of content you are probably right.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Anybody going to see Cocaine Bear this weekend? I feel like Hollywood jumped the shark with this movie ... can't wait for the video with the RLM guys talking about this movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $201.00