OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
How is the Amazon LOTR series so far? The second age is my favourite but just from the stills I've seen I feel like they haven't captured middle-earth this time around.

They're making like 2000 years of written lore into about 5 years of story.

Lore: The Rings of Power were forged at around 1500 in the Second Age while the Fall of Numenor happened at 3000.

Show: The Rings of Power haven't been forged yet but the Fall of Numenor is about to happen (probably at the end of the 1st season).

Galadriel is basically Rey Skywalker.

...is that a bad thing??...:dunno:

I can't really say but it doesn't look like people really care about the movies/shows that were released (or about to)

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Family ties and Growing Pains. Never missed an episode. Two beauties.

So many shows I watched in the 80's and early 90's. Family Ties, Growing Pains, Dougie Houser MD, Picked Fences, Who's the Boss, The Wonder Years, Quantum Leap, Home Improvement, Family Matters, Different Strokes, Rosanne, Fresh Prince, early Seinfeld, early X-Files, Next Generation...

I'm probably forgetting a bunch, like that sitcom with Christopher Titus, Stacy Keach and Cynthia Watros.. think it was eponumously named Titus, not sure.

Oh here's a few more... Kramer, Night Court and also its spin-off with John Laroquette where he's the night director of a train station, iirc, can't remember the name.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
So many shows I watched in the 80's and early 90's. Family Ties, Growing Pains, Dougie Houser MD, Picked Fences, Who's the Boss, The Wonder Years, Quantum Leap, Home Improvement, Family Matters, Different Strokes, Rosanne, Fresh Prince, early Seinfeld, early X-Files, Next Generation...

I'm probably forgetting a bunch, like that sitcom with Christopher Titus, Stacy Keach and Cynthia Watros.. think it was eponumously named Titus, not sure.

Oh here's a few more... Kramer, Night Court and also its spin-off with John Laroquette where he's the night director of a train station, iirc, can't remember the name.
The only ones I watched are: Roseanne, ST:NG, Night court, Barney Miller. I found most sitcoms annoying.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One of the worst show of the early 70's was Love American Style. Great catchy song and colorful graphics. There was an warning of mature subject and I was awaiting to see something I wasn't allowed for my young age but no, I saw nothing, I wasted my time with these silly squetches. I've read it was a place where refused pilots of tv shows landed like the pilot of Happy Days.

Happy Days was a good show by the way.
Wasn’t The Love Boat just another version of Love American Style. So much cheese, it was caricatural and featured just plain dumb interactions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Wasn’t The Love Boat just another version of Love American Style. So much cheese, it was caricatural and just plain dumb interactions.
Yes but there was the charism of Montalban and the little size man (I try to avoid using the word in d). I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same writers or producers.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Wow man you brought back some memories of a few more beauties. I think I watched every series you mentioned. The Wonder Years and Dougie Houser MD haha, classics, I had forgotten about those.

Based on this list I would guess that you watched “The Raccoons” cartoon too, that and Duck Tales were probably my two constants.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Wow man you brought back some memories of a few more beauties. I think I watched every series you mentioned. The Wonder Years and Dougie Houser MD haha, classics, I had forgotten about those.

Based on this list I would guess that you watched “The Raccoons” cartoon too, that and Duck Tales were probably my two constants.

Yeah, I did. Also that show in stop-action with puppet moles, remember that? Ducktales lol... i bet you also watched Darkwing Duck and Count Duckula. I remember watching Count Duckula and right after the show they ran Benny Hill and where I got introduced to the iconic Benny Hill song. Also liked Reboot on YTV.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Don't really need to see a Marvel trailer...or at least I didn't think I did.
I didn't think I needed protection with a certain someone ,and look how that turned out! lesson learned:nod:

8a38cf0bad4b548abae2b76b61caf25b--cop-quotes-movie-quotes.jpg

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes but there was the charism of Montalban and the little size man (I try to avoid using the word in d). I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same writers or producers.
Fantasy Island

The only ones I watched are: Roseanne, ST:NG, Night court, Barney Miller. I found most sitcoms annoying.
All sitcoms have cringe,one's own barometer dictates if its; worth watching. BM was a comedy drama with a stellar cast.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Watched the 1st episode of the new BBC Earth Frozen Planet II series last night and it was very interesting as these type of BBC nature docs usually are.

Even though the entire episode was quite interesting to watch with it's usual exceptional footage, watching orcas hunt seals resting on ice flows is always incredible for me to watch and to see just how intelligent these whales really are.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah, I did. Also that show in stop-action with puppet moles, remember that? Ducktales lol... i bet you also watched Darkwing Duck and Count Duckula. I remember watching Count Duckula and right after the show they ran Benny Hill and where I got introduced to the iconic Benny Hill song. Also liked Reboot on YTV.
Darkwing Duck and Count Duckula haha. Love it, I think I was drawn into Ducktakes by the theme song. Gummy bears was another, gummy bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere. Lol. One I couldn’t stand was Teddy Ruxpin.

Astroboy, Alf were cant misses too.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Another good hour was spent on Saturday afternoon with The Bugs Bunny- Road Runner hour, Usually accompanied with ale and bud.
Saturday at 5 pm. The Bugs Bunny- Road Runner hour. My preferred time in the week when I was young. The opening music theme with all the characters. That Mozart music of the gandma of Tweety Bird, etc. And at 8 the music theme of La soirée du Hockey. With a friend every friday we watched Vogage to the bottom of the Sea, followed by The Man from the Uncle (both in french) at french cbc. I was lucky to be able to watch programs in french and english.

Other memories : Wayne and Shuster, Beachcombers, Rhonda and LA Law (later in the 90's).

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Darkwing Duck and Count Duckula haha. Love it, I think I was drawn into Ducktakes by the theme song. Gummy bears was another, gummy bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere. Lol. One I couldn’t stand was Teddy Ruxpin.

Astroboy, Alf were cant misses too.
Did you watched Ultraman, Goldorak and Superbolides (3 japanese series) ?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Saturday at 5 pm. The Bugs Bunny- Road Runner hour. My preferred time in the week when I was young. The opening music theme with all the characters. That Mozart music of the gandma of Tweety Bird, etc. And at 8 the music theme of La soirée du Hockey. With a friend every friday we watched Vogage to the bottom of the Sea, followed by The Man from the Uncle (both in french) at french cbc. I was lucky to be able to watch programs in french and english.

Other memories : Wayne and Shuster, Beachcombers, Rhonda and LA Law (later in the 90's).

...BIZARRE...funniest f**kin' show on Canadian TV in the 80's, imo...between that an The Littlest Hobo for my alltime favorite Canadian Prime Time show...

Reactions: the valiant effort

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

Reboot is nostalgic for me too. I was very young so I don't think I ended up watching after season 2, but the whole aesthetic aspect of it is still bringing back memories!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Not Goldorak but Albator, an animated japanese sf. The main character was a skinny pirate, His spaceship was a mix of modern and pirate ship. That serie was translated in french. See by yourself the opening title. It's weird and cool. Old style of the late 70's.

It played in the 80's too. Used to watch that, Goldorak and Voltron in the same years I was heavy on the Transformers.

I think there was a modern remake or sequel to Albator. Wasn't it on NF?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad