OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Euhhh, this is a desaproval?

Reactions: Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
...Christian Bale was good in it, unfortunately just not in it enough to save it from being too corny...
Why actors such as Bale (and others) have to be part of stupid movies like that?
Bale don't need the money. He doesn't need to play in anything. He should be free to accept whatever he feels will be good for the public, for the progression of his play. For the Art. Ok now I'm going too far. But you know what I mean ...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Most of Seinfeld is accompanied by actual audience laughter with laugh tracks peppered into scenes not filmed in front of the live audience.

Larry david comedy is right up my alley. The weird thing though is that George does a better larry on Seinfeld than Larry being larry on curb.

Love both shows though.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
There was atime when I watched more tv and time when I was too busy for that. Seinfeld was in the time I haven't time. It was also the time I did play a lot of playstation. I watched some tv sitcoms in the 80's like Family Ties, Kate and Allie and The Golden Girls. I always liked Susan St James of Kate and Allie. Liked her in McMillan and Wife and Rules of the Game before. Rules of the Game I was young, it was a good show produced by the same people who created Columbo. St James played also in a movie with Peter Fonda.

Family Ties was fun because the hippy couple were very democrat lefties and M J Fox was a ultra-right, in the years of Ronald Reagan. The contrast was a funny set up to dialogues and situations. At the end Fox was a generous boy with an heart. That sitcom could be relevant today with minor changes.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The Queen's Gambit has skyrocketed Chess's popularity to levels unseen since a century ago, supposedly, so has anyone heard about the whole drama surrounding round 3 of the Sinquefield Cup last week, where world champion Magnus Carlsen withdrew from the tournament after losing a game against young american phenom Hans Niemann and accusations of Hans cheating (even some calling him Clever Hans, an old ethology legend) and getting banned from Chess.com for the third time?

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
There was atime when I watched more tv and time when I was too busy for that. Seinfeld was in the time I haven't time. It was also the time I did play a lot of playstation. I watched some tv sitcoms in the 80's like Family Ties, Kate and Allie and The Golden Girls. I always liked Susan St James of Kate and Allie. Liked her in McMillan and Wife and Rules of the Game before. Rules of the Game I was young, it was a good show produced by the same people who created Columbo. St James played also in a movie with Peter Fonda.

Family Ties was fun because the hippy couple were very democrat lefties and M J Fox was a ultra-right, in the years of Ronald Reagan. The contrast was a funny set up to dialogues and situations. At the end Fox was a generous boy with an heart. That sitcom could be relevant today with minor changes.

I actually got into Seinfeld several years after the show had already ended.

It seemed like every time I turned the tv on, it was bound to be on somewhere.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I didn't even get to see him outside the opening part where he turns bad.
It felt like I was watching a video game instead of a movie.

...you basically were...the THOR movies have gotten more cartoony on purpose...while the rest of the MCU gets more complicated and more adult-oriented, they need to keep something for the kids and that's where THOR comes in...keeps the kids spending their parents' money...

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Couldn't do more than 15min of the new Thor flick...holy hell that was bad.
Taika Waititi hit it with Thor Ragnarok and they obviously gave him too much room with this movie.

I actually thought it was going to be really good with the first scene showing Gorr (Christian Bale) go bad but too much forced comedy, at one point I had actually forgot about Gorr as the villian in this movie.

I'm a huge MCU fan and I can handle an underwhelming movie entry as long as it advances the overall narrative and more importantly has great mid credit/end credit scenes that show MCU story that I care about and this movie didn't provide that at all.

I'm looking forward to Black Panther : Wakanda Forever as this will get the MCU on track ending Phase 4.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Couldn't do more than 15min of the new Thor flick...holy hell that was bad.
Watched it last night and I think I laughed once or twice...more of a snicker than a laugh actually. Really bad movie. Don't watch trailers so didn't know what to expect.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Taika Waititi hit it with Thor Ragnarok and they obviously gave him too much room with this movie.

I actually thought it was going to be really good with the first scene showing Gorr (Christian Bale) go bad but too much forced comedy, at one point I had actually forgot about Gorr as the villian in this movie.

I'm a huge MCU fan and I can handle an underwhelming movie entry as long as it advances the overall narrative and more importantly has great mid credit/end credit scenes that show MCU story that I care about and this movie didn't provide that at all.

I'm looking forward to Black Panther : Wakanda Forever as this will get the MCU on track ending Phase 4.
I've watched about half of the Marvel universe films and have no freakin idea which Phase is which. Sounds like they've divided everything into phases to make sense out of a huge, loud mess.

MCU has become a big box of Smarties – a cheap sugar fix with a bunch of colours that all taste the same.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I've watched about half of the Marvel universe films and have no freakin idea which Phase is which. Sounds like they've divided everything into phases to make sense out of a huge, loud mess.

MCU has become a big box of Smarties – a cheap sugar fix with a bunch of colours that all taste the same.

The Golden Age of superhero movies ended with End Game. The writing was on the wall that it would become increasingly formulaic and repetetive.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
...you basically were...the THOR movies have gotten more cartoony on purpose...while the rest of the MCU gets more complicated and more adult-oriented, they need to keep something for the kids and that's where THOR comes in...keeps the kids spending their parents' money...
Yeah well that wouldve been true apart from the you know, shadow monsters and horror tropes used throughout the movie.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah well that wouldve been true apart from the you know, shadow monsters and horror tropes used throughout the movie.

You mean, the same kinda stuff you'll find in such adult oriented sophistications like Stranger Things and Locke & Key?

My nieces must be mature and sophisticated beyond their very young ages then!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad