OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Some 15 years ago, comedian Pablo Francisco was killing it doing the voice the movies preview guy, including the type of special effects and booming sounds attached to his delivery.

Watching that Marvel trailer, the movies trailer guy still sounds the same.

OMG, i used to watch his special "Ouch" often in the day. His other special which was good was "Bits and pieces".

He was great back then, but his act got old though and he couldn't find new material that was as good.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean... I can't be the only one who sees this?

Rings-of-Power-Elendil-Relation-to-Aragorn.jpg

cut-1.jpg

gettyimages-1344592190-612x612.jpg
Bergevin is a wish version of Elendil

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
...can't wait for Season 3...as excited for this as I am for Season 3 of The Witcher...

...and thank you for now and forever ruining everything Tolkien for me...I'll never be able to read The Silmarillion again...damn you!!...:cry:

I doubt that Rings of Power will go through all their seasons. It's been a while since I read some Tolkien too. I should read the Silmarillion again.

Anyways.

I finally watched Tenet for the first time yesterday. The only thing I'll say about the movie is that you must be a madman to come up with the story and some action sequences. "Oh yeah so.. there will be a team in the present destroying one part of a building and another team going backwards in time destroying the other part" wait wat.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Who is Lloyd Braun? If someone tells you why don't you act like Lloyd Brau, is he refering to the lawyer or the character in Seinfeld? I know none of them, almost never watched an episode of Seinfeld, I'm allergic to pre-recorded laught at every 30 seconds, or people who are paid to laught in the audience. Except Threes Company.

I've heard great things about that show but I never started to watch it. I find Big Bang Theory a good show. The main character Sheldon have a lot of interrest, he's endless in his renewal of replies and the other characters are interresting too. But sorry about Senfield, maybe I missed someting great.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Who is Lloyd Braun? If someone tells you why don't you act like Lloyd Brau, is he refering to the lawyer or the character in Seinfeld? I know none of them, almost never watched an episode of Seinfeld, I'm allergic to pre-recorded laught at every 30 seconds, or people who are paid to laught in the audience. Except Threes Company.

I've heard great things about that show but I never started to watch it. I find Big Bang Theory a good show. The main character Sheldon have a lot of interrest, he's endless in his renewal of replies and the other characters are interresting too. But sorry about Senfield, maybe I missed someting great.
Seinfeld to me is great, I also found Cheers to be great.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Who is Lloyd Braun? If someone tells you why don't you act like Lloyd Brau, is he refering to the lawyer or the character in Seinfeld?

...the Seinfeld character..."Serenity Now" guy...a certain MOD hits me with it from time to time when my posts suddenly "disappear"...they forget the "Insanity Later" part of the character...:laugh:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I have to share who is my favorite actress of all time. Monica Vitti. An italian actress who played nevrotic women, a beautiful woman but with a distorted mind, most of her roles. She have nothing to do with beautiful italian actress who played predictable roles, sometimes soft comedy and being only a nice looking woman. She played complex roles. Except for movies like Modesty Blaise, the feminine James Bond, a nice soft movie by the way (with Terence Stamp, another of my favorite actors).

She was the Meryl Streep of italy in the 60's. Julie Christie was similar in england.
vitti.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and Fenris

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
...better actress and Diane fit the show better, imo...
Different but not better. The show fit her. Kirstie Alley was much more physical, some of the stuff with her boss Robin was totally insane. Again they fit the show to the actress. That's why it's considered as two separate shows.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Different but not better. The show fit her. Kirstie Alley was much more physical, some of the stuff with her boss Robin was totally insane. Again they fit the show to the actress. That's why it's considered as two separate shows.

...imo, Diane's CHEERS was a far better show than Rebecca's CHEERS...much the same as Selma Diamond's NIGHT COURT was a better show than it was with either of her replacements, imo...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Not a casting issue IMHO, but a lack of creative scripts and Hollywood’s stale tendency of going back to formulaic concepts on account of past revenue success. You’d normally see the independents try more daring stuff but now, it’s all about streaming and non-traditional sources running the show and producing a shit ton of material but a lot of it is average.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wow

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
...imo, Diane's CHEERS was a far better show than Rebecca's CHEERS...much the same as Selma Diamond's NIGHT COURT was a better show than it was with either of her replacements, imo...
I much preferred Diane’s cheers too. Rebecca was still ok, but she will never be Diane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad