OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You mean, the same kinda stuff you'll find in such adult oriented sophistications like Stranger Things and Locke & Key?

My nieces must be mature and sophisticated beyond their very young ages then!
Mature? No. Not what I said.
...so kids never watched Goosebumps or Pirates of the Caribbean or the Goonies or anything like that??...
Id say the shadow dimension stuff is a lot more horror than any of those ever were.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Its not about the "monsters", its the atmosphere created by a scene.

...again, I watched waaaayy worse when I was in single digits...as did my kids...as do my grandkids...so I guess I'm a horrible parent & grandparent who had terrible parents/grandparents cuz none of us believe in Bubble Wrap for children...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
...again, I watched waaaayy worse when I was in single digits...as did my kids...as do my grandkids...so I guess I'm a horrible parent & grandparent who had terrible parents/grandparents cuz none of us believe in Bubble Wrap for children...
Yea, I also started watching tits on the internet at 10 years old... Doesnt mean thats the target audience.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
How is the Amazon LOTR series so far? The second age is my favourite but just from the stills I've seen I feel like they haven't captured middle-earth this time around.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
How is the Amazon LOTR series so far? The second age is my favourite but just from the stills I've seen I feel like they haven't captured middle-earth this time around.

...I think they've done a good job so far...we'll see how Numenor keeps being depicted, but they've captured it soo far, imo...

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
One of the worst show of the early 70's was Love American Style. Great catchy song and colorful graphics. There was an warning of mature subject and I was awaiting to see something I wasn't allowed for my young age but no, I saw nothing, I wasted my time with these silly squetches. I've read it was a place where refused pilots of tv shows landed like the pilot of Happy Days.

Happy Days was a good show by the way.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
One of the worst show of the early 70's was Love American Style. Great catchy song and colorful graphics. There was an warning of mature subject and I was awaiting to see something I wasn't allowed for my young age but no, I saw nothing, I wasted my time with these silly squetches. I've read it was a place where refused pilots of tv shows landed like the pilot of Happy Days.

Happy Days was a good show by the way.

...underrated show of the 70's:

The Bionic Woman

...luved Lindsay Wagner when I was a kid...:thumbu:

• Love
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nothing has happened so far. Its somewhere pre-Barad-dûr and a bit after he comes back. Id say its fine so far? Again, mostly world building and character settings.

Edit: actually it has the be in the early years because Saurons return isnt known to all.

Also I hate how some character look lol, always figured Celebrimbor wouldve been the greatest chad builder/Smith not a nerdy blond small weak karen looking accountant.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Nothing has happened so far. Its somewhere pre-Barad-dûr and a bit after he comes back. Id say its fine so far? Again, mostly world building and character settings.

Edit: actually it has the be in the early years because Saurons return isnt known to all.

Also I hate how some character look lol, always figured Celebrimbor wouldve been the greatest chad builder/Smith not a nerdy blond small weak karen looking accountant.
Also don't like that Arrodir looks like the unsullied who becomes the most trusted guard of Daenerys in Game of Thrones.
They look too much alike.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I've watched about half of the Marvel universe films and have no freakin idea which Phase is which. Sounds like they've divided everything into phases to make sense out of a huge, loud mess.

MCU has become a big box of Smarties – a cheap sugar fix with a bunch of colours that all taste the same.

It's the M-SHE-U phase.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There was atime when I watched more tv and time when I was too busy for that. Seinfeld was in the time I haven't time. It was also the time I did play a lot of playstation. I watched some tv sitcoms in the 80's like Family Ties, Kate and Allie and The Golden Girls. I always liked Susan St James of Kate and Allie. Liked her in McMillan and Wife and Rules of the Game before. Rules of the Game I was young, it was a good show produced by the same people who created Columbo. St James played also in a movie with Peter Fonda.

Family Ties was fun because the hippy couple were very democrat lefties and M J Fox was a ultra-right, in the years of Ronald Reagan. The contrast was a funny set up to dialogues and situations. At the end Fox was a generous boy with an heart. That sitcom could be relevant today with minor changes.
Family ties and Growing Pains. Never missed an episode. Two beauties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad