OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wasn't that a show that captured audiences by protruding areolas? charlies Angels worked better for me:naughty:
There was skimpy clothing but from what I remember, it was more a question of high beams, which the camera did not shy away from.

That's usually what happens when there isn't enough substance in a script.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just finished Ozark and I won't say anything else lol. My new fav is Outer Ranger starring Josh Brolin.
Maybe a simple, did you like it or not? You can avoid spoilers by not going into detail.

I've been trying to view it two days in a row now but the couch has claimed my sleep.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Second part of Ozark season 4. Wow. Just f***ing wow. The Mexico portion is incredible, I keep re-watching parts of it non-stop.

• Love
Reactions: Deebs and Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Was a huge fan of That 70's show.....not sure I needed that....but still going to listen to it for sure as I am a sucker for nostalgia.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Was a huge fan of That 70's show.....not sure I needed that....but still going to listen to it for sure as I am a sucker for nostalgia.

Wow I'll check it out. There was a series called "That 80s TV show" a few years after "That 70s TV show" and I thought it was pretty decent. But since it's Fox, they canceled it quickly.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yesterday i re-watched Total Recall, the Arnie-original, for the bazillionth time, because it's my wife's favorite 80's movie.

Despite seeing it so many times, I never really watched the credits, so yesterday, movie is done and I just let it roll and I see Dean Norris's name in the main cast. Wait.. what? Dean Norris is freaky snatch face mutant Tony in Total Recall??!?

Termimator 1&2 are also favs of the wifey and same thing happened six months ago, but not the credit scene. This time, despite the Swat suit and mask, I recognize his eyes and voice, Swat Team leader, Dean Norris.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
One episode left. Devoured it. Just hoping the remaining one won’t disappoint.

This is the kind of quality content Netflix should be producing constantly, to help reverse its subscriber loss numbers.
Aren't we a bit limited in what we get in new content from Netflix Canada due to rules imposed by the CRTC? I thought that I read that somewhere. It seems as if the American version of the service is much better.
Post automatically merged:

Yesterday i re-watched Total Recall, the Arnie-original, for the bazillionth time, because it's my wife's favorite 80's movie.

Despite seeing it so many times, I never really watched the credits, so yesterday, movie is done and I just let it roll and I see Dean Norris's name in the main cast. Wait.. what? Dean Norris is freaky snatch face mutant Tony in Total Recall??!?

Termimator 1&2 are also favs of the wifey and same thing happened six months ago, but not the credit scene. This time, despite the Swat suit and mask, I recognize his eyes and voice, Swat Team leader, Dean Norris.
Oz you got married? Or maybe you always were and I missed something.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just finished the closing episode of Ozark. It managed to keep me riveted and at the edge of my seat just like the other 6 episodes from this final batch.

What a show. Was not disappointed.

I apprehended that void that I knew I would experience once the final scene rolled out. However, that was quickly dissipated when Netflix showed a "making of" 30 minute clip, called "A Farewell to Ozark", that popped up right after the last episode.

You get to see several characters give their perspective on the show, in their real voices and personalities which in some cases, are markedly different from the show. It's interesting and brings a smile to your face. Just don't watch it until you've finished the show since it contains several spoilers.

Now, on to the unpleasant hit and a miss part -- finding something else to hitch unto for another ride.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Second part of Ozark season 4. Wow. Just f***ing wow. The Mexico portion is incredible, I keep re-watching parts of it non-stop.
C'mon Netflix, need another.

I'm in the same state of mind, I feel like watching parts of it again. I've already done so with past episodes from earlier seasons.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Loving Ozark again. Sometimes I find it’s a little too wow, but I love it anyway. I was away for the weekend on Army training or I would have watched the remainder.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There was skimpy clothing but from what I remember, it was more a question of high beams, which the camera did not shy away from.

That's usually what happens when there isn't enough substance in a script.
""eye candy'' has been liberally utilized as as long as I can remember in various degrees and forms as a hook. Many films and shows were created and developed with such priority as it seems to work to draw in viewers,catering to the perv market perhaps? :dunno:

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Just finished the closing episode of Ozark. It managed to keep me riveted and at the edge of my seat just like the other 6 episodes from this final batch.

What a show. Was not disappointed.

I apprehended that void that I knew I would experience once the final scene rolled out. However, that was quickly dissipated when Netflix showed a "making of" 30 minute clip, called "A Farewell to Ozark", that popped up right after the last episode.

You get to see several characters give their perspective on the show, in their real voices and personalities which in some cases, are markedly different from the show. It's interesting and brings a smile to your face. Just don't watch it until you've finished the show since it contains several spoilers.

Now, on to the unpleasant hit and a miss part -- finding something else to hitch unto for another ride.
It was just a great show, from start to finish. I'm happy they ended it after 4 years instead of dragging it on and on like so many other shows.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Started watching Taboo with Tom Hardy. Bit slow, but killer set and costume design, and I suspect old Tom is going to get electric in the next few episodes. Would recommend.

Also, I thought 14 peaks was tremendous.

never let a good crisis go to waste!

Taboo was interesting. I had no expectations and I liked the plot twists. I don't know when season 2 is coming out.

They should make a series/movie with Hardy and Cavill. They won't say anything in it aside from wild grunts.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I liked at least 6 of the 7 episodes lol.
I'm 3 episodes into part 2...Marty is about to go to Mexico, but so far I've been disappointed. That family should have been killed a bunch of times already. Both the FBI and the Cartel being controlled by Wendy...It just doesn't make any sense anymore.
Will still finish it so...don't spoil it. Lol..

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm 3 episodes into part 2...Marty is about to go to Mexico, but so far I've been disappointed. That family should have been killed a bunch of times already. Both the FBI and the Cartel being controlled by Wendy...It just doesn't make any sense anymore.
I sort of agree Kriss. I still love the show, but I feel it’s been over the top and bordering on absurd for awhile now. That’s why I argued that Yellowstone was better imo, although, it too is going off the deep end. I find ozark is just more and more shock value episode after episode. I enjoy it, but it hasn’t been close to reasonable in a few seasons imo.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Wasn’t impressed with the Ozark finale. I’ll leave it at that.

The final scene in particular I found too ridiculous to sit well as the end of an overall very well written series. Seems writers struggle with endings lately. GoT was abysmal, Dexter NB was worse than the much loathed ending of the original series, now Ozark goes out with a definitive but disappointing literal bang and figurative whimper. Hopefully BCS doesn't follow a similar road, although it would be impressive if they managed to screw up a BB prequel finale.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Episodes 4,5 and 6 are better or at least that's how I felt about it. I have watched so many series endings and most times it's disappointing, I still have withdrawal symptoms from the Lost ending lol. It's tough to conclude things and satisfy everyone I guess. Laura Linney was awesome throughout this series and my favorite character and if they ever make a movie about the Clintons, she has to be Hillary.

I sort of agree Kriss. I still love the show, but I feel it’s been over the top and bordering on absurd for awhile now. That’s why I argued that Yellowstone was better imo, although, it too is going off the deep end. I find ozark is just more and more shock value episode after episode. I enjoy it, but it hasn’t been close to reasonable in a few seasons imo.
Have you checked out "Outer Range" on Amazon Prime? It's cool.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The final scene in particular I found too ridiculous to sit well as the end of an overall very well written series. Seems writers struggle with endings lately. GoT was abysmal, Dexter NB was worse than the much loathed ending of the original series, now Ozark goes out with a definitive but disappointing literal bang and figurative whimper. Hopefully BCS doesn't follow a similar road, although it would be impressive if they managed to screw up a BB prequel finale.
BCS is great. And BB had one of my favourite finale's ever... a bit absurd but still so fun.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

A lot of things don't make sense, especially in the 2nd part of season 4.

BCS is great. And BB had one of my favourite finale's ever... a bit absurd but still so fun.

BCS is the best drama show I've watched

Unique and realistic story, great cast and incredible deliveries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad