OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Episodes 4,5 and 6 are better or at least that's how I felt about it. I have watched so many series endings and most times it's disappointing, I still have withdrawal symptoms from the Lost ending lol. It's tough to conclude things and satisfy everyone I guess. Laura Linney was awesome throughout this series and my favorite character and if they ever make a movie about the Clintons, she has to be Hillary.
Post automatically merged:

I feel like it's too late anyways, no matter how they spin things nothing will add up. This family has been at the mercy of the cartel since Episode 1. They've had local psychopath dealers, KC mob, and the Cartel wanting to kill them and they keep avoiding it. At first it was impressive, but at some point it doesn't make anymore sense.
And now Wendy is dictating how things will go to the FBI and the Cartel...

It's like...''okay we have this all set up....Oh oh...we messed up and are about to die....But not to worry! We have a solution!...tahdahhhh. Rince-Repeat''.
I think they should have maybe wrapped it one season ago and it would have made a lot more sense.
Anyways, I'll finish it and give my final thoughts, maybe those last few episodes will impress me as they did you.

Reactions: OldCraig71

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Almost sad how bad the walking dead is forwhat 2-3 seasons now?

Heard they are trying to redeem Negan is it true? He was a total psycho this would be the dumbest thing ever in a TV show.

I think it was mostly bad since Negan and his baseball bat joined the show. It is the same over and over again. There's a bad guy. The good guys have to deal with the bad guy. There's some zombies in the background but they don't really matter. A cure? Who cares about this. Building a viable society with democracy behind a wall? Don't be silly all humans are psycho.

Last time i watched it Rick was insufferable. He was pretty much as bad as the bad guy. He was justifying **** because hey i'm the good guy i do whatever i want. For a while i thought they would explore this story arc. How far can you go and still remain the good guy? But they never did.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I feel like it's too late anyways, no matter how they spin things nothing will add up. This family has been at the mercy of the cartel since Episode 1. They've had local psychopath dealers, KC mob, and the Cartel wanting to kill them and they keep avoiding it. At first it was impressive, but at some point it doesn't make anymore sense.

It's like...''okay we have this all set up....Oh oh...we messed up and are about to die....But not to worry! We have a solution!...tahdahhhh. Rince-Repeat''.
I think they should have maybe wrapped it one season ago and it would have made a lot more sense.
Anyways, I'll finish it and give my final thoughts, maybe those last few episodes will impress me as they did you.
Well, at least they had the dignity to end it after 4 seasons. There are way too many series that drag on for 7-8 years and they have clearly run out of material by that time, Game of Thrones and Lost are two exceptions for me in that regard. Check out Outer Range on Amazon Prime, that's what I have moved on to and so far I am liking it.

Reactions: Runner77

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Well, at least they had the dignity to end it after 4 seasons. There are way too many series that drag on for 7-8 years and they have clearly run out of material by that time, Game of Thrones and Lost are two exceptions for me in that regard. Check out Outer Range on Amazon Prime, that's what I have moved on to and so far I am liking it.
Yeah, Outer Range is pretty good, it's a bit like Yellowstone with a Sci-Fi twist.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just finished Ozark and I won't say anything else lol. My new fav is Outer Range starring Josh Brolin.
Would welcome other suggestions. I see that 6 episodes are in for Outer Range and two more are coming to close off Season 1.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bosch is back, May 6. Amazon
I finally remembered how every time Bosch is back, @GoodKiwi bingewatches the whole thing, every single year.

Like when he posted this, in April 2020:

#223 - GoodKiwi
Less than 3 days until I get to go into a Bosch binge coma again. Not sure what it is about the show (I do not hold it in the upper echelon of TV series), but every one of its first five seasons I watched in a single sitting. If I had to describe it with just one word, the word would be "smooth".

You can say that @GoodKiwi is consistent. Here he is in April 2019:

On an unrelated note, new season of Bosch is due out in a few hours from now.

Time to get my crack pipe cleaned so that I can binge on the whole thing in one sitting. Strange addictive quality to that show for me. While I wouldn't call the series to be a top tier one, I have watched all of its previous seasons always in one sitting.

Or this post of his, from August 2018:

Bosch is my guilty pleasure.

I have talked about it each time I finish a season of it. Talk about a relatively average TV series in all aspects that you can't turn away from. Still can't figure out what it is about "Bosch" that has me binge-watching all of it produced seasons always in one sitting.

I don't know what i'd rate Bosch, and it isn't in my favorite shows of all time conversation, but it has a weird addictive quality to it.

Dang it, you'd figure I might at least given it a shot by now, with all the reviews he's provided. Not to mention how much he endorsed River.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Would welcome other suggestions. I see that 6 episodes are in for Outer Range and two more are coming to close off Season 1.
I have watched all 6 and the next two should be here on Friday. Ricky Gervais "After Life" is something that we enjoyed and "Derek", it's another Gervais creation, It's an older series but a good one. I started watching Taboo with Tom Hardy but I found it to be much too slow and somewhat boring so I gave up.

Reactions: Runner77

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022

Laura Linney must be a great actress, she made me hate her character from the jump!!

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Any of you guys watch Family Guy? Last Sunday was a bit of a take off on that series about the couples retreat with Connie Britton, the White Lotus. Just totally mad, it never fails to make me laugh. There's a quick cameo with King of the hill gang.

I have saved over 30 different versions of the closing theme, each one unique in style, from standard jazz to pop and latin, andt all are 30 to 32 seconds long. Interesting listen if anyone is curious.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
An audience member stormed the stage yesterday, armed with a knife and a fake gun and tackled Dave Chapelle as he was doing a number:

The guy got a deserved welcome ...

And left with parting gifts ...

Chris Rock was at the show and quipped:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The mini trailer for Obi-Wan has been on Disney+ for a couple of months now.

Oh yeah, it's happening.

Ahsoka series with Rosario Dawson is also happening.

And the Acolyte

I believe they added some new footage on that trailer released today.
I was kinda expecting Ahsoka to be dropped out as some people wanted to cancel Rosario Dawson :laugh: :o
dunno what the Acolyte is

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
I believe they added some new footage on that trailer released today.
I was kinda expecting Ahsoka to be dropped out as some people wanted to cancel Rosario Dawson :laugh: :o
dunno what the Acolyte is
Huh? What has she said/done?

Edit: nvm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad