OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The inspiration from Se7en was questionable but the movie was far more an hommage to The Crow.
Rained all the time
Filmed in almost total darkness:laugh:
They find the unstructured diaries with pages of madness everywhere
Gruesome deaths
Serial killer
Nihilistic environment
Nobody ever laughs

It was basically Fincher meets Batman

Reactions: Redux91 and Lshap

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A big thank you to @Chili for refreshing my memory of a classic movie that I had to see again,still great!:thumbu::thumbu:

download (1).jpg

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
All this talk abut Ozark has me considering going back to it. I stopped somewhere in the 2nd season... too much personal shit going on... but it might be time for a refresher.

However, #1 on my must-watch list is the new season of Tehran. Holy crap, what an intense show!
That Tehran series sounds intriguing.

An oldie but based on a true story,riveting.

download (1).jpg

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Watched Dr. Strange 2 last night. I enjoyed it though I wasn’t blown away. A solid 7/10.

I suppose its the MCU’s first foray into horror. I didn’t find it scary per se, but there are some gruesome implied deaths unlike their other films and some jump scares. While haters will hate, this is one of the MCU’s more unique entries.

While WandaVision, Loki and What If? are not required viewings, watching those plus the last Spider-Man will make this film more enjoyable as there’s some real fan service here.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Ozark finale... meh.

Everybody's talking about Laura Linney and rightly so, but Julia Garner is pretty good herself. If anyone has seen Inventing Anna, she's shown great range with two entirely different characters in these two roles.

Reactions: calder candidate

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Rained all the time
Filmed in almost total darkness:laugh:
They find the unstructured diaries with pages of madness everywhere
Gruesome deaths
Serial killer
Nihilistic environment
Nobody ever laughs

It was basically Fincher meets Batman

3/4 of those can also be applied to The Crow and add the black paint around the eyes, fighting his way through overwhelming thugs, the psychology of the protagonist (vengence), grity dystopian scenery for the Crow. I think you should go watch the Crow, it was as much an inspiration for this batman.

It was basically The Crow and Se7en having a Batman baby.

Reactions: ArtPeur

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Ozark finale... meh.

Everybody's talking about Laura Linney and rightly so, but Julia Garner is pretty good herself. If anyone has seen Inventing Anna, she's shown great range with two entirely different characters in these two roles.
Ruth made the show for me. I thought Wendy was annoying throughout the show tbh. I’m not particularly crazy about Laura Linney’s acting.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Saw Dr Strange last night, I’m not sure why there’s hate on this one, if course it’s not spider man , but it’s a solid movie.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Been watching shameless for the past few months.

I knew I had seen William h macy somewhere else but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then I thought of Fargo, lol.

Props to him for the job he did in that series.... He's got a lot of pep for a guy his age.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

I knew I had seen William h macy somewhere else but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then I thought of Fargo, lol.

Props to him for the job he did in that series.... He's got a lot of pep for a guy his age.
You may like him on the big screen or the small screen but after seeing him in an interview,don't think you'd like him,but TETOO.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
pachinko season 1: 8/10 Great 1st season

Ozark final season: 7.5/10 Not as good as i was hoping.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: 7.3/10

My Brilliant Friend season 3: 7/10 the worse season so far.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Frank Gallagher will always be remembered as one of the best comedy drama characters. Im still sad Shameless is over.

Props to @Runner77 for giving his review which made me watch the first episode.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Saw The Batman tonight. Some good to it, i though Pattinson was great in the role - he has to work on his Bruce Wayne though, the pouting was over the top.

Speaking of over the top, the Riddler was horrible. Hated his character and they tried way to hard to make it like Seven. They need to dial that way back.

I thought Pattinson sucked and Riddler was great. lol

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

- Obi-Wan
- Stranger Things 4
- The Boys 3
- Rings of Power
- Interview with a Vampire
- House of Dragon
- Umbrella Academy 3
- Andor

I need more TV time....

I've become so cynical over the disappointments, I cannot see any of them being great. But I think Cobra Kai will be good. They never disappoint. And there will be some good things in The Boys but it will be uneven. They've picked an excellent choice to play Lestat, Australian actor Sam Reid. But they race-swaped Louis which sucks. But given the Orlean background maybe they can make sense of it.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I've become so cynical over the disappointments, I cannot see any of them being great. But I think Cobra Kai will be good. They never disappoint. And there will be some good things in The Boys but it will be uneven. They've picked an excellent choice to play Lestat, Australian actor Sam Reid. But they race-swaped Louis which sucks. But given the Orlean background maybe they can make sense of it.
I agree for Louis but since AMC bought the entire Chronicles and intend to do more than one series, Lestat was really the most important.

Cobra Kai will suck but I'll love it anyway.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I agree for Louis but since AMC bought the entire Chronicles and intend to do more than one series, Lestat was really the most important.

Cobra Kai will suck but I'll love it anyway.

Wash your damn mouth with a giant soap, bro! This show is perfect.

As far as Lestat, I always wished they would have made an epic Vampire Lestat movie on the big screen. You start with the Vampire Lestat book and go from there.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Wash your damn mouth with a giant soap, bro! This show is perfect.

As far as Lestat, I always wished they would have made an epic Vampire Lestat movie on the big screen. You start with the Vampire Lestat book and go from there.

Me too since I think it was the best book but they went with Queen of the damned instead and they screwed it up big time

Reactions: ArtPeur

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
As anyone watched an episode of the Letterkenny spinoff Shoresy yet? It started airing today on Crave.

I wasn't aware of this show until I listened to former Habs 1st round pick Terry Ryan on Melnick's show earlier this week talking about it since he's a member of the cast. It's a comedy about hockey so it must be good right? :)

I'd post the YT clip of the locker room scene but the language contained in it might get me in trouble around here. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad