OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I hate that! OTOH we have the opposite with Peter Jackson who managed to take a children's book with about 300 pages made into 3 movies totaling 474 minutes!! :)

It's a bit false though. The movie has stuff taken from other unfinished Tolkien writings. Aside from the Legolas/Tauriel and the White Orc stories, it's still pretty accurate to the books. The main example that I pick up is the battle of the 5 armies. It's like 2 pages in the Hobbit... :laugh:

To be fair, LotR had probably more description than story in the books. It's totally opposite to the Hobbit where there's more story and songs than description.

While the Hobbit movies are a bit of a let down, I believe the Rings of Power will be stupidly worse. I don't trust random writers to do a good job following Tolkien's work

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Love Tom Cruise, one of the best ever. Delivers quality performances in nearly everything he does.

Not that I like every movie he did, but got to admit......most top actors either takes long break or have ups and downs, or just one big spike of popularity, but Cruise kept making blockbusters for the last 25+ years and counting.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Not that I like every movie he did, but got to admit......most top actors either takes long break or have ups and downs, or just one big spike of popularity, but Cruise kept making blockbusters for the last 25+ years and counting.
He's the last true movie star

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
man........people just consume anything these days.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I will watch it because I love the MCU and comics in general. So I'll reserve judgment for when the show starts in August.

As for the tone of the show, if anyone knows anything about She-Hulk, this is the kind of tone her comics and character have. She has her Hulk rage moments, but overall, she has more control of it and is more open about it.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Been on a Gene Wilder kick,fun stuff.:thumbu::thumbu:

download (1).jpg

Reactions: Chili

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Best Tom Cruise movie: The Edge of Tomorrow

Oh I have to disagree here.
It's good one but for me.....A few good men and Interview with a Vampire are at the top.

Of course, I'm bias towards Interview with a Vampire (was living in those books in those years....at first I hated the choice of Cruise as Lestat but he nailed it)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Oh I have to disagree here.
It's good one but for me.....A few good men and Interview with a Vampire are at the top.

Of course, I'm bias towards Interview with a Vampire (was living in those books in those years....at first I hated the choice of Cruise as Lestat but he nailed it)

I love scifi and especially time travel movies. And Bill Paxton. One of his last movies. RIP

Reactions: dinodebino

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Say what you will about Tom Cruise (and there's a lot to say!), but the dude is an all-time great film superstar. Take out his action films and you still have an amazing resume. A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, Rain Man, Born On The Fourth of July, even Eyes Wide Shut – that's more quality drama than most good actors get in a career. Round that out with good-not-great films like Color Of Money, Magnolia, Taps, The Last Samurai, and Cruise could've secured a legacy as a really good actor without ever filming himself running at full speed.

The fact that he's better known for the MI series, Top Gun, and a few cool sci-fi films just shows how deeply this guy is embedded into modern movie iconography. He's probably the best working action star, and at the same time he's done so much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad