OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ozark finale... meh.

Everybody's talking about Laura Linney and rightly so, but Julia Garner is pretty good herself. If anyone has seen Inventing Anna, she's shown great range with two entirely different characters in these two roles.
I thought last season of Ozark was good until part 2. After that it unraveled.

Just watched Northman...was very disappointed. Not necessarily a bad flick but I expected something more interesting. Also, not the biggest fan of how they used the supernatural sense.

Saw The Batman tonight. Some good to it, i though Pattinson was great in the role - he has to work on his Bruce Wayne though, the pouting was over the top.

Speaking of over the top, the Riddler was horrible. Hated his character and they tried way to hard to make it like Seven. They need to dial that way back.
Not just the pouting, he looks like a 17yo emo kid.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just saw Dr strange. Pretty good stuff.

I was internally cheering when I heard the Xmen theme and saw the yellow chair.

Wanda is a f***ing savage and decimated 3 of the strongest being in this universe in mere seconds. How she did Black Bolt and Xavier was insane.

Captain Peggys shield throw was very cringey though.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Looking forward to Shorsey on hulu in a couple of weeks, last couple of seasons of Letterkenny have become a bit stale. Not enough hockey scenes and dialogue with the hicks, way too much Stewart and Roald, I know this will not be taken well but Riley and Jonesy are getting on my nerves, a little bit goes a long ways IMO! Down with BRO-DUDE and all that goes with that. Hope Laker Frankie makes a few appearances on the new show! “Geez Frankie you look like you love a good slice “ all-time chirp!!!

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Just saw Dr strange. Pretty good stuff.

I was internally cheering when I heard the Xmen theme and saw the yellow chair.

Wanda is a f***ing savage and decimated 3 of the strongest being in this universe in mere seconds. How she did Black Bolt and Xavier was insane.

Captain Peggys shield throw was very cringey though.

woulda appreciated if the trailer didn't show me the whole movie

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I did. I was disappointed. I feel the movie was initially maybe twice as long and had to cut it. Timeline felt rushed.

That loooks horrible.

I hate that! OTOH we have the opposite with Peter Jackson who managed to take a children's book with about 300 pages made into 3 movies totaling 474 minutes!! :)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I hate that! OTOH we have the opposite with Peter Jackson who managed to take a children's book with about 300 pages made into 3 movies totaling 474 minutes!! :)
He did a great job too!
Northman could still be worth a watch. Personally thought it lacked substance but could still be somewhat entertaining.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Any Amazon prime / Netflix recommendations? Where’s GoodKiwi when I need a hookup?
I think he is shacked-up;)

These we enjoyed,may have mentioned them already.

A true story

Fiction but we liked it.
download.jpg

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Anyone here that has seen "The Northman"?

I did. It's a good movie as long as you know what you are getting into. It's not an action movie. It's not a super hero movie. It's mostly a folkloric movie about the vikings. The ending is great. The road to get there is uneven though. I feel like the movie didn't really fully accomplish its goal of being an epic vikings folkloric movie but overall is still a satisfying movie mostly because well it's not yet another damn super hero movie.

Probably the worst decision in cinema history imo. There was more padding in the Hobbit than on Hasek in his prime.

Last edited:

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty season1: 8.5/10 entertaining with great acting everywhere.​

moon knight: 7.3/10

outlander season 6: 6/10 worse season so far.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I did. It's a good movie as long as you know what you are getting into. It's not an action movie. It's not a super hero movie. It's mostly a folkloric movie about the vikings. The ending is great. The road to get there is uneven though. I feel like the movie didn't really fully accomplish its goal of being an epic vikings folkloric movie but overall is still a satisfying movie mostly because well it's not yet another damn super hero movie.
Road is very uneven, which kinda killed it for me.
As I previously mentioned, I feel like the original cut is maybe twice as long and they just cut it short to make it into a single feature of around 2h.
Might have been a better story told as a TV Show.
I was disappointed as I was so ready for a bad ass viking warrior movie.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
For those that tried Letterkenny but couldn't get into it, the new spinoff Shoresy is much more palatable to a general audience. Different tone.

My main language is french and I basically only listens english stuff nowadays, but geez is Letterkenny like a language course on steroids. I feel you have to have some notions of common sayings in Ontario or other anglophone provinces before listening to it, because as a newcomer it goes extremely fast and you can get lost easily. I like listening to stuff from the U.K. too (Peep Show, Ricky Gervais Show) and that's alright, but in Letterkenny they assume the listerners is already more than fluent. The speed of it all is complicating this too. It's great but I guess it'll take me a few more years to feel like I totally get it. Two episodes into Shoresy and this is way more straighforward.

Although I gotta say, I have to rewind everything Diaby is saying in french too he speaks so fast :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Laodongxi and Deebs

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm watching the new Rescue Rangers movie now, and this thing is incredible. Only about fifteen minutes in, but I'm loving this. Absolutely recommend this to anyone who grew up in the 80s and 90s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad