OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Ozark: .Just one of the best show in recent years. Will watch it all over again at some point for sure and there's very very very few series I can watch more than once. Almost a masterpiece. The last season, finale was...simply Ozark. Loved it, a big 9.8/10

Tokyo vice: If you can handle a slow paced series half-japenese, half-english with a dark detective story within the underground of a foreign culture, this is something different. Good cast, acting...visually great and the fact it's all in that less known underground world makes it's more captivating if you're into those things. 8.7\10

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Please be good. Please be good. Ewan McGregor was phenomenal in the first trilogy!

I’d rather go to places I’ve never been.

Unlike Ewan, however, when I open a random door in my vicinity, there is never a pristine beach behind it. I’m at a loss.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I believe they added some new footage on that trailer released today.
I was kinda expecting Ahsoka to be dropped out as some people wanted to cancel Rosario Dawson :laugh: :o
dunno what the Acolyte is

The canceling died out when it was found out that Rosario did nothing wrong.

The Acolyte will follow the story of a dark side user who's part of the cult of the Sith way before the Old Republic, when the Sith are thought to have been vanquished.

Reactions: Redux91 and ArtPeur

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Laura Linney must be a great actress, she made me hate her character from the jump!!
She's in the tier below legends like Streep in my opinion. Easily top 3 active female actors right now. She stole season 3 and was a highlight of it as whole IMO.

But if there was one thing I could mention as a negative about season 4 is that this "hate" you're speaking of definitely accelerated in it. Why? They were rushing the writing, that was evident. Yes, I mention is as a negative but I saw season 4 start to end twice already, so this nitpick is a minor one that doesn't take much away from enjoying the show.

Ozark, I found, was one of the very few select shows that got stronger with each season. I can definitely say that S4 > S3 > S2. The debut season isn't as fresh in my mind, so it might break this pattern, not sure.

I finally remembered how every time Bosch is back, @GoodKiwi bingewatches the whole thing, every single year.

Like when he posted this, in April 2020:

#223 - GoodKiwi
Less than 3 days until I get to go into a Bosch binge coma again. Not sure what it is about the show (I do not hold it in the upper echelon of TV series), but every one of its first five seasons I watched in a single sitting. If I had to describe it with just one word, the word would be "smooth".

You can say that @GoodKiwi is consistent. Here he is in April 2019:

On an unrelated note, new season of Bosch is due out in a few hours from now.

Time to get my crack pipe cleaned so that I can binge on the whole thing in one sitting. Strange addictive quality to that show for me. While I wouldn't call the series to be a top tier one, I have watched all of its previous seasons always in one sitting.

Or this post of his, from August 2018:

Bosch is my guilty pleasure.

I have talked about it each time I finish a season of it. Talk about a relatively average TV series in all aspects that you can't turn away from. Still can't figure out what it is about "Bosch" that has me binge-watching all of it produced seasons always in one sitting.

I don't know what i'd rate Bosch, and it isn't in my favorite shows of all time conversation, but it has a weird addictive quality to it.

Dang it, you'd figure I might at least given it a shot by now, with all the reviews he's provided. Not to mention how much he endorsed River.
Yeah, Barry, Ozark S4 and Bosh all hitting one after another. Definitely going to keep the tradition alive and binge the entire season of Bosch in one sitting. I can guarantee that it won't be awful. It's just what the show is. This newest season will fall in line with the rest of them. Not great, but good and strangely addictive.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Seems like rumors from gossip and the article is from a year ago and nothing happened.
The canceling died out when it was found out that Rosario did nothing wrong.

The Acolyte will follow the story of a dark side user who's part of the cult of the Sith way before the Old Republic, when the Sith are thought to have been vanquished.

I mean.. as soon as the twitter mob managed to cancel Gina Carano after harassing her for months, they turned their attention to Rosario. It was just as ****ty. Maybe Elon is going to ban them now :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What's the deal with posts being merged? Is there still a notification of reply sent or not?
I was thinking about merging all my posts with yours. That way it's like a weird siamese twin of posts on HFBoards. :)

Actually, it seems as though the board has implemented some auto-merge feature. And it's not a bad thing either. We used to have to do it manually when somebody had three or four in a row. It kinda clogs up the board.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I was thinking about merging all my posts with yours. That way it's like a weird siamese twin of posts on HFBoards. :)

Actually, it seems as though the board has implemented some auto-merge feature. And it's not a bad thing either. We used to have to do it manually when somebody had three or four in a row. It kinda clogs up the board.
It's tough on old guys like me, I don't adapt well to change.

Reactions: angusyoung

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Finale of Ozark just didn’t do it for me. Great show that went off the rails. Pretty disappointed with how this all went. Still a great show, but it’s not in my all time favourites anymore. It got too silly imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Saw The Batman tonight. Some good to it, i though Pattinson was great in the role - he has to work on his Bruce Wayne though, the pouting was over the top.

Speaking of over the top, the Riddler was horrible. Hated his character and they tried way to hard to make it like Seven. They need to dial that way back.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Saw The Batman tonight. Some good to it, i though Pattinson was great in the role - he has to work on his Bruce Wayne though, the pouting was over the top.

Speaking of over the top, the Riddler was horrible. Hated his character and they tried way to hard to make it like Seven. They need to dial that way back.

The inspiration from Se7en was questionable but the movie was far more an hommage to The Crow.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
There's a couple upcoming show that I really hope they didn't scrap... They deserve a great story and I hope they did them justice, I still feel like LOTR will be the disappointment

- LOTR
- House of Dragon
- Obi-Wan

I hate the actor they have for ''unkown prisoner'' at the end...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There's a couple upcoming show that I really hope they didn't scrap... They deserve a great story and I hope they did them justice, I still feel like LOTR will be the disappointment

- LOTR
- House of Dragon
- Obi-Wan

Waiting for all three of them, plus The Last of Us. Out of all four of those shows, I fear House of the Dragon won't even come close to what GoT was, despite the bad ending.Tyrion made that show great and im doubtful they'll have a character that comes close to the impact he had.

You mean the one playing the unnamed Joker?

yall should watch malcolm in the middle

Can't beat having Bryan Cranston as a father and Christopher Lloyd as a grandfater.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm tempted to rewatch The White Lotus again. And yesterday, someone recommended Escape at Danamora.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
All this talk abut Ozark has me considering going back to it. I stopped somewhere in the 2nd season... too much personal shit going on... but it might be time for a refresher.

However, #1 on my must-watch list is the new season of Tehran. Holy crap, what an intense show!

Reactions: Runner77 and Deebs

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

- LOTR
- House of Dragon
- Obi-Wan

As a huge LotR fan, I'm expecting to be disappointed for Rings of Power. Woke stuff + trying to build a universe that isn't Tolkien will probably fail. Most die-hard fans are already pi****

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

- Obi-Wan
- Stranger Things 4
- The Boys 3
- Rings of Power
- Interview with a Vampire
- House of Dragon
- Umbrella Academy 3
- Andor

I need more TV time....

Ad