OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you like Attenborough and BBC nature and science shows there is a new one coming. It's done by the same people who did Planet Earth and this time with Apple's resources behind them.

I am definitely going to join Apple TV to watch them. They will be narrated by Attenborough.

I just looked into it further:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If you like Attenborough and BBC nature and science shows there is a new one coming. It's done by the same people who did Planet Earth and this time with Apple's resources behind them.

I am definitely going to join Apple TV to watch them. They will be narrated by Attenborough.

Who doesn't like Sir David Attenborough?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently people still care about super hero movies. I gave up like 2-3 years ago. The last one i enjoyed was GotG but i would not call that a super hero movie anyway not one that follow the Marvel formula.
I used to be into them a lot more but I'm much more selective. I'll still take a gander if someone provides a strong recommendation and context.

Reactions: angusyoung

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I used to be into them a lot more but I'm much more selective. I'll still take a gander if someone provides a strong recommendation and context.
Used to like them too. Watchmen is one of the best movies i watched this century. GotG is a better Star Wars than the new Star Wars. Nolan's Batman was great as well as Raimi's Spider Man. But lately it's the same *** over and over again with a different costume. Can't get more cookie cuter and formulaic than Marvel these days.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Used to like them too. Watchmen is one of the best movies i watched this century. GotG is a better Star Wars than the new Star Wars. Nolan's Batman was great as well as Raimi's Spider Man. But lately it's the same *** over and over again with a different costume. Can't get more cookie cuter and formulaic than Marvel these days.
Even non-superhero action movies are doing crazy crap. There has always been space for exaggeration in action movies, like James Bond dodging all the bullets but it's gotten way too silly. It's been going on for years already, just look at the evolution of the Fast and Furious franchise. First movie is 3 honda civics stealing DVDs/TVs/electric goods from truckers and simple street racing...fast forward to the last one where Dom Toretto is now working to save the world against terrorists, guy is flying cars through helicopters and whatever other nonsense they come up with.

I started watching unchartered yesterday, which is meant to be an adventure/treasure hunt type of movie...in the first scene Tom Holland is jumping midair from box to box outside of a cargo plane flying...like wtf?
Whatever happened to Indiana Jones just realistically running away from a boulder?

It's gotten silly.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wrapped up the latest season of Snowfall. Felt like it wasn't as strong as other seasons but still worth following the saga and there were enough WTF??? moments.:amazed:

images.jpg
download.jpg

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I was thinking it's some sort of scam,but it's only a few bucks,so...................
I looked further. Look at the urls for the real store and the cheap one. Not the same, and there are no cheap Les Pauls at the second.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No but really curious so I went and ordered one. I spend more on crap to really worry about 150 bucks. Besides, I always wanted a Les Paul to add to my collection, and the color is boss. So I can always hang it on then wall at worst. Stay tuned for a report.

Looking at the url i'd say it's a scam. Watch your credit card closely in the upcoming days ...

Reactions: Runner77 and peate

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Looking at the url i'd say it's a scam. Watch your credit card closely in the upcoming days ...

I'm always careful and have managed to stay out of trouble so far. Besides, you're protected with Paypal and VISA.
I'm more worried about it being a piece of junk from China. Like I wrote to @angusyoung, it will look good on the wall, but it sure looks genuine and I remember seeing this ad before.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm always careful and have managed to stay out of trouble so far. Besides, you're protected with Paypal and VISA.
I'm more worried about it being a piece of junk from China. Like I wrote to @angusyoung, it will look good on the wall, but it sure looks genuine and I remember seeing this ad before.
It's eitehr a scam where they'll run with the money or a cheap copy from china. Personally i don'T mind cheap copy from china when it comes to bags or things like that but a guitar hell no lol i guess as a display piece for 100$ it could do the job.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's eitehr a scam where they'll run with the money or a cheap copy from china. Personally i don'T mind cheap copy from china when it comes to bags or things like that but a guitar hell no lol i guess as a display piece for 100$ it could do the job.
Looking at the pictures, if they are really the pictures of the actual guitar I'll be getting, I'll be happy.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Looking at the pictures, if they are really the pictures of the actual guitar I'll be getting, I'll be happy.

Well it's fishy as f***.

Domain:
guitarcenters.center
Registrar:
NameCheap, Inc.
Registered On:
2022-03-23
Expires On:
2023-03-23
Updated On:
2022-04-14
clientTransferProhibited
Name Servers:
john.ns.cloudflare.com
brenna.ns.cloudflare.com

One month old domain...

Domain Name: guitarcenters.center
Registry Domain ID: fd6d169f749a4aca97c9f36d8a062224-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: Buy a domain name - Register cheap domain names from $0.99 - Namecheap
Updated Date: 2022-04-14T10:42:18Z
Creation Date: 2022-03-23T07:17:54Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-03-23T07:17:54Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
email
@namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.9854014545
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Organization: Privacy service provided by Withheld for Privacy ehf
Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant State/Province: Capital Region
Registrant Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Country: IS
Registrant Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
Registry Admin ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin State/Province: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Country: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
Registry Tech ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech State/Province: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Country: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
Name Server: john.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: brenna.ns.cloudflare.com
DNSSEC: unsigned

A lot of REDACTED stuff you wouldn't usually see on a legit business domain.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Did I just stumble into the music thread? 🙃
You seem to do that a lot. :laugh::sarcasm:
Well it's fishy as f***.

Domain:
guitarcenters.center
Registrar:
NameCheap, Inc.
Registered On:
2022-03-23
Expires On:
2023-03-23
Updated On:
2022-04-14
clientTransferProhibited
Name Servers:
john.ns.cloudflare.com
brenna.ns.cloudflare.com

One month old domain...

Domain Name: guitarcenters.center
Registry Domain ID: fd6d169f749a4aca97c9f36d8a062224-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: Buy a domain name - Register cheap domain names from $0.99 - Namecheap
Updated Date: 2022-04-14T10:42:18Z
Creation Date: 2022-03-23T07:17:54Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-03-23T07:17:54Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
email
@namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.9854014545
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Organization: Privacy service provided by Withheld for Privacy ehf
Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant State/Province: Capital Region
Registrant Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Country: IS
Registrant Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
Registry Admin ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin State/Province: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Country: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Admin Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
Registry Tech ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech State/Province: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Country: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Tech Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
Name Server: john.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: brenna.ns.cloudflare.com
DNSSEC: unsigned

A lot of REDACTED stuff you wouldn't usually see on a legit business domain.
It's a calculated risk. Not much to lose and I may be surprised. Anyway, it's just for fun, and I am a player.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So BCS is unfolding to an end..

Sad to see Nacho bite the dust. An heroic and honorable end to a great supporting and layered character, played by a Quebecer hailing from Quebec City. Mando rarely gets a mention in Quebec media, even though he's an integral part of one of the best TV drama series of the last few decades.

His demise was foreseeable though, even before last season. So if we're going with predictable, it's very likely Kim either dies or goes to prison.

Oh and ever since she proposed to get married, I have this nagging impression that she's long conning Jimmy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The final episodes of Ozark will drop in less than two hours.

Just doing my part to help zombiefy your existence for today or for this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad