OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The greed of movie studios will ensure that the projects are released. (On hold or paused)They aren't exactly dumb, they will wait a while, Smith will probably enter into some rehab program for his anger issues the road back up commences.
Well that doesn't sound like something that would happen if it were staged.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well that doesn't sound like something that would happen if it were staged.
Hey man, you just told me they canceled projects, let's not backtrack here. It's Hollywood, full of actors and producers and pr people, all professionals in the art of being fake. It's not a stretch to think they could stage anything.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hey man, you just told me they canceled projects, let's not backtrack here. It's Hollywood, full of actors and producers and pr people, all professionals in the art of being fake. It's not a stretch to think they could stage anything.
Everyone thought it was fake, that's why all the guests laughed when it happened. It became more evident it wasn't each passing second. But if it wasn't enough for you, then what would possibly be the reason for such a staged even? Then the huge public backlash Smith has suffered, projects on pause/bids being pulled, his suspension. There has no been a single positive outcome for Smith from this so there really isn't any reason for him to have done this. His masculinity has been made fun of even further, and he ruined his oscar winning night.
Will Smith is not Andy Kaufman, he doesn't like or look for controversies, he's not one to push the envelop.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Everyone thought it was fake, that's why all the guests laughed when it happened. It became more evident it wasn't each passing second. But if it wasn't enough for you, then what would possibly be the reason for such a staged even? Then the huge public backlash Smith has suffered, projects on pause/bids being pulled, his suspension. There has no been a single positive outcome for Smith from this so there really isn't any reason for him to have done this. His masculinity has been made fun of even further, and he ruined his oscar winning night.
Will Smith is not Andy Kaufman, he doesn't like or look for controversies, he's not one to push the envelop.
Will Smith's masculinity has been taking quite a beating before any of this ever happened, his wife has done a number on him as I am sure you are aware. He laughed at the joke before he made eye contact with her and then he went psycho which made it look even more like a stunt to me. At first, I thought it was some sort of comedy gag between Smith and Rock until he started screaming, that crushed that theory. I then wondered if it was a publicity stunt aimed at rescuing a dying Oscars broadcast, I felt it had to be staged because I just couldn't see someone commit career suicide in front of an audience of millions so then I waited for the punishment and it really hasn't come. We see it all the time in the entertainment industry, anger issues, drug issues, rehab, and then the road back and is all of that real or staged? It is an industry built on make-believe.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Will Smith's masculinity has been taking quite a beating before any of this ever happened, his wife has done a number on him as I am sure you are aware. He laughed at the joke before he made eye contact with her and then he went psycho which made it look even more like a stunt to me. At first, I thought it was some sort of comedy gag between Smith and Rock until he started screaming, that crushed that theory. I then wondered if it was a publicity stunt aimed at rescuing a dying Oscars broadcast, I felt it had to be staged because I just couldn't see someone commit career suicide in front of an audience of millions so then I waited for the punishment and it really hasn't come. We see it all the time in the entertainment industry, anger issues, drug issues, rehab, and then the road back and is all of that real or staged? It is an industry built on make-believe.

Now you're making me question the whole thing again. lol At the beginning I thought it was staged and I changed my mind a bit but it would not be impossible for Hollywood to pull something big like this. They are actors after all. I could him doing a walk of shame and a "come back" where he would be popular again. Fans and the press love a comeback story.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

That shit wasn't staged dude. It was real. He got banned from any Oscar-related event for 10 years. I think he'll keep working but his salary will definitely take a hit. Besides, why the hell would Chris Rock agree to this?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Pretty disappointed in the new Batman...
Why did they make Bruce Wayne look like a 20yo emo kid?

That movie is way too long for what it is. Catwoman's plot was utterly useless and added nothing to the film. I appreciate that they tried to focus more on the detective aspect of their character and the soundtrack was good, but that franchise needs a serious refresh where each story isn't Batman fighting some evil brainiac for weeks and weeks. Make a smaller movie with a fresh take (something that doesn't push him to his practical limits to save an entire city) and you can probably take the character in a fresh direction. I don't think producers would ever spend a cent on that though.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
That movie is way too long for what it is. Catwoman's plot was utterly useless and added nothing to the film. I appreciate that they tried to focus more on the detective aspect of their character and the soundtrack was good, but that franchise needs a serious refresh where each story isn't Batman fighting some evil brainiac for weeks and weeks. Make a smaller movie with a fresh take (something that doesn't push him to his practical limits to save an entire city) and you can probably take the character in a fresh direction. I don't think producers would ever spend a cent on that though.

With the new boss at Warner, they'll want to get bigger instead of darker. What they did with The Batman will be the sort of thing that will be reserved for HBO Max. More obscure things with an indy vibe. I think a good road to take for the movies would be to inspire themselves from the classic Batman animated series where it's film noir, Batman is a detective but it's also made for a general public and less "Seven". They could reserve the sick stuff like I said for HBO Max. Maybe do a new Gotham show where Batman shows up from time to time, seen as a scary creature of the night/Boogey man. I'm hearing the new Warner/DC boss wants to create a sort of Marvel Studio for DC content where someone would be in charge of all the DC movies and all the characters would start from scratch with a new beginning, new actors, etc....

Reactions: Deebs

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Now you're making me question the whole thing again. lol At the beginning I thought it was staged and I changed my mind a bit but it would not be impossible for Hollywood to pull something big like this. They are actors after all. I could him doing a walk of shame and a "come back" where he would be popular again. Fans and the press love a comeback story.
Why would he decide to do a ''walk of shame'' moment the same night he wins what he's worked decades for? I think this is tells more about people needing/wanting drama and their constant challenge of truths.
There's absolutely no reason for this to be staged.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Except neither of these celebrities was in some dire situation in need of a big public stunt to reset their careers, doesn't add up.
Smith was about the reach the highest point in his career, Rock is a few years removed from being 60 and is considered to be part of the greatest comedians alive.
Your theories just don't make sense man.

Not sure why you don't even consider the most plausible scenario, as you said Smith's masculinity has been taking a beating for quite some time, his wife has done a number on him, so why would it be so impossible for him to just snap? Everyone has a breaking point.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
With the new boss at Warner, they'll want to get bigger instead of darker. What they did with The Batman will be the sort of thing that will be reserved for HBO Max. More obscure things with an indy vibe. I think a good road to take for the movies would be to inspire themselves from the classic Batman animated series where it's film noir, Batman is a detective but it's also made for a general public and less "Seven". They could reserve the sick stuff like I said for HBO Max. Maybe do a new Gotham show where Batman shows up from time to time, seen as a scary creature of the night/Boogey man. I'm hearing the new Warner/DC boss wants to create a sort of Marvel Studio for DC content where someone would be in charge of all the DC movies and all the characters would start from scratch with a new beginning, new actors, etc....
But the two darkest ones (Dark Knight + Dark Knight Rises) are the most grossing Batman movies...
What they did with this current Batman is just weird. It was bad. First Batman film I didn't even care to finish...Worst one since Batman & Robin I think.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Except neither of these celebrities was in some dire situation in need of a big public stunt to reset their careers, doesn't add up.
Smith was about the reach the highest point in his career, Rock is a few years removed from being 60 and is considered to be part of the greatest comedians alive.
Your theories just don't make sense man.

Not sure why you don't even consider the most plausible scenario, as you said Smith's masculinity has been taking a beating for quite some time, his wife has done a number on him, so why would it be so impossible for him to just snap? Everyone has a breaking point.
So I guess we should wait and see what happens to his career in light of all of this, anyway, I am done with the topic. Cheers.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Pretty disappointed in the new Batman...
Why did they make Bruce Wayne look like a 20yo emo kid?
I found that the writing was awful.... Peterson plays a good batman but he's an awful Bruce Wayne. Action scenes were pretty great tho. I also went in with high expectations and was dissapointed but I think the problem is more so the expectations I had

Plus the movie is 3 hours but should/could have been like 2hours and we wouldn't have missed out on anything interesting

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
I found that the writing was awful.... Peterson plays a good batman but he's an awful Bruce Wayne. Action scenes were pretty great tho. I also went in with high expectations and was dissapointed but I think the problem is more so the expectations I had

Plus the movie is 3 hours but should/could have been like 2hours and we wouldn't have missed out on anything interesting
Agreed - way too long. How many times did they have to go into that club? The interactions with Gordon and the riddle solving were just not interesting.

I still liked it overall, more so than TDKR, but found it didn’t stick the landing. I get that Batman saved a bunch of people from getting electrocuted/drowning, but no sense of menace registered for me.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
But the two darkest ones (Dark Knight + Dark Knight Rises) are the most grossing Batman movies...
What they did with this current Batman is just weird. It was bad. First Batman film I didn't even care to finish...Worst one since Batman & Robin I think.
They were dark but not as dark and depressing as this one. I mean bad things happened in Dark Knight Rises but it was shot in a "big public" blockbuster movie way. It was epic. It was fun. Batman had this neat new flying ship and so forth.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They were dark but not as dark and depressing as this one. I mean bad things happened in Dark Knight Rises but it was shot in a "big public" blockbuster movie way. It was epic. It was fun. Batman had this neat new flying ship and so forth.
I didn't find this one depressing..found it boring more than anything. It's scenically dark..night..rain...other than the rat scenario, nothing too messed up.
Hopefully, they change their approach for next one.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I didn't find this one depressing..found it boring more than anything. It's scenically dark..night..rain...other than the rat scenario, nothing too messed up.
Hopefully, they change their approach for next one.

Good point. They were going for fake dark. And ripping off Seven.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I see,didn't recognize her. A cameo? little surprised she'd do a movie like that.
It's been quite a while now since I saw the movie so not really sure if it was just a cameo or not now but after reading your post mentioning being Frank that scene in the Wayne's World 2 movie immediately came to my mind. :)

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's been quite a while now since I saw the movie so not really sure if it was just a cameo or not now but after reading your post mentioning being Frank that scene in the Wayne's World 2 movie immediately came to my mind. :)
I never saw the first movie although I knew about it and didn't know they made a sequel.That's why I come here,to get an education:teach2:

• Haha
Reactions: sheed36

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Saw The Northman last night…

Love those vikings tv show and movies normally but this one was … special. I don’t know enough about the “real” Vikings traditions etc etc so my only reference are the popular viking shows. Maybe this movie is a better representation of their tradition and actual beliefs but wow this movie was so… wierd.

Great score and overall battle scenes (1 on 1, but 5 min and it feels tv movie

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If you like Attenborough and BBC nature and science shows there is a new one coming. It's done by the same people who did Planet Earth and this time with Apple's resources behind them.

I am definitely going to join Apple TV to watch them. They will be narrated by Attenborough.

Reactions: peate and Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Saw The Northman last night…

Love those vikings tv show and movies normally but this one was … special. I don’t know enough about the “real” Vikings traditions etc etc so my only reference are the popular viking shows. Maybe this movie is a better representation of their tradition and actual beliefs but wow this movie was so… wierd.

Great score and overall battle scenes (1 on 1, but 5 min and it feels tv movie

What do you want to know? I have Viking blood in me. :) We have rune stones in my hometown in Sweden.
They are sometimes quite funny.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad