OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Most people are just content getting to the floor they need to go without a breakdown. My daughter and others in her condo building got stuck several times in the elevator that services it — and here we are witnessing a whole other level of production for an elevator ride. Looks like it could be something borne from the whims of a rich f*** who doesn’t know what to do with his/her money — maybe even a day trading crypto incel.

Imagine the cost of living or working in a building housing that kind of contraption. The perfect enticement for the offspring of an oligarch.
Too funny! I suppose without context it can give one pause but it's not that nefarious. It an attraction that leads to a rooftop lookout and a swing.

download (2).jpg

Reactions: Runner77

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
For me, it has no impact at all. I really think there is a collective over reaction to a simple incident. Honestly, where is the red line in a situation like this ? If Chris Rock would have insulted his kid would have Smith’s reaction been more acceptable? What if Rock would have squeezed her harm instead of insulting her ?
I honestly don’t see how biatch slapping is worse than verbal abuse .
Should PK Subban be prevented from donating money and spendin time at a children’s hospital because he gets into a fight a couple times a year ?
Even if it’s not for my generation, I’m ok with wokism and cancel culture for specific things like weeding out sexual predators and xénophobes, but for this Rock-Smith altercation? Gimme a break ….
You are out to lunch on this topic

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just watched King Richard and I have to say that our good buddy Will Smith held no punches in that performance.
Apple, Sony, and Netflix pulled their bid on biopic Will Smith project, just another consequence of his action.
I hope you've given up on your stubborn belief this was fake and orchestrated.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Apple, Sony, and Netflix pulled their bid on biopic Will Smith project, just another consequence of his action.
I hope you've given up on your stubborn belief this was fake and orchestrated.
Are you still hanging on to this? I have moved on and so should you man.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Did he held any slap?

On a serious note how is the movie? Does it ooze American patriotism or it's more centered on a personal level?
Definitely more centered on a personal level, overcoming great odds and obstacles and remaining true to the plan that Williams set in place for all of his girls, not just Venus and Serena. Very good movie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The wait is almost over! This has been my most anticipated show this year by far. This is going to be sick! :D

Loved the first two seasons. It has almost taken 3 years for Season 3 to arrive due to the pandemic. Here’s the timeline for Season 3:

“HBO has confirmed that Season 3 of Barry will feature eight episodes in total. Since the first episode airs on Sunday, April 24, if there's no break in its weekly run, then the Season 3 finale of Barry will air on HBO on June 12.”

Season 4 has been written — a month ago, production said they were waiting to start shooting: 'Barry' Season 3 Finally Has a New Teaser—And It's Dark As Hell

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I just googled Will Smith and a whole bunch of Jay Leno stuff popped up, I was looking for the consequences that you mentioned and that's what I found. Why would you think that I was trying to be witty by responding as I did?
Because nobody ever brought up Jay Leno, in any event, my question is answered, you obviously don't want to admit being wrong..keep believing it was staged, all good.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Because nobody ever brought up Jay Leno, in any event, my question is answered, you obviously don't want to admit being wrong..keep believing it was staged, all good.
I googled Will Smith and selected news anticipating that I would see some of the consequences he might be facing and all I came up with was some quotes by Jay Leno. I mean yeah, he got banned from the Oscars ceremony for 10 years but I would hardly call that punishment. It seems odd that he would get off so easy for physically assaulting someone onstage on live tv.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I googled Will Smith and selected news anticipating that I would see some of the consequences he might be facing and all I came up with was some quotes by Jay Leno. I mean yeah, he got banned from the Oscars ceremony for 10 years but I would hardly call that punishment. It seems odd that he would get off so easy for physically assaulting someone onstage on live tv.

Not sure how hard you really googled...

Sony also halted Bad boys 4

Not to mention all the public backlash. I'm sure there's also actors/producers who will refuse to work with him as well.

There was also a celebrity speaking on a podcast (think it was on Joe Rogan) who knows Smith and he was saying Will has been chasing an Oscar for a very long time and the worst punishment he will forever suffer is how this night will always been tarnished by his action, how this is no longer the night Smith won best Actor, it's the night Smith slapped and shouted at Rock. He ruined what was meant to be one of his greatest night ever.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not sure how hard you really googled...

Sony also halted Bad boys 4

Not to mention all the public backlash. I'm sure there's also actors/producers who will refuse to work with him as well.

There was also a celebrity speaking on a podcast (think it was on Joe Rogan) who knows Smith and he was saying Will has been chasing an Oscar for a very long time and the worst punishment he will forever suffer is how this night will always been tarnished by his action, how this is no longer the night Smith won best Actor, it's the night Smith slapped and shouted at Rock. He ruined what was meant to be one of his greatest night ever.
Let's see how this plays out once it fades from entertainment and MSM news cycles. Rock has already stated that he's not even going to talk about it publicly unless he gets "paid". Smith should have been stripped of his Oscar and charged by police for what he did but instead of that, he gets banned from an award show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad