OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Let's see how this plays out once it fades from entertainment and MSM news cycles. Rock has already stated that he's not even going to talk about it publicly unless he gets "paid". Smith should have been stripped of his Oscar and charged by police for what he did but instead of that, he gets banned from an award show.
I mean that's neither here nor there. Fact is, Smith has been dealing with a lot of consequences since this has happened.
In any event, I think you're fully aware by now this wasn't staged.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Poked my face in here to see what's new and exciting but to be Frank................

ImperfectEasygoingKite-max-1mb.gif

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Let's see how this plays out once it fades from entertainment and MSM news cycles. Rock has already stated that he's not even going to talk about it publicly unless he gets "paid". Smith should have been stripped of his Oscar and charged by police for what he did but instead of that, he gets banned from an award show.

So that's why he wasn't charged.
And the academy never revoked an Oscar. If Polanski can keep his Oscar then anyone can.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So that's why he wasn't charged.
And the academy never revoked an Oscar. If Polanski can keep his Oscar then anyone can.
It shouldn't matter if Rock pressed charges, Smith committed an act of violence on national tv followed up with screaming f-bombs. He should have been taken out of the building by security right on the spot. Now we have Rock saying he won't talk unless he gets paid lol.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I mean that's neither here nor there. Fact is, Smith has been dealing with a lot of consequences since this has happened.
In any event, I think you're fully aware by now this wasn't staged.
Until there are actual consequences it's nothing more than talk hence the reason I say that we should give it some time and see how it all plays out.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Started watching Taboo with Tom Hardy. Bit slow, but killer set and costume design, and I suspect old Tom is going to get electric in the next few episodes. Would recommend.

Also, I thought 14 peaks was tremendous.

It shouldn't matter if Rock pressed charges, Smith committed an act of violence on national tv followed up with screaming f-bombs. He should have been taken out of the building by security right on the spot. Now we have Rock saying he won't talk unless he gets paid lol.

never let a good crisis go to waste!

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

It was a misdemeanor that's why it matter if Rock press charges or not. You're looking at something like a $2000 fine maximum for simple battery in California. If Rock doesn't press charges then no one will prosecute because it's a waste of taxpayers money.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It was a misdemeanor that's why it matter if Rock press charges or not. You're looking at something like a $2000 fine maximum for simple battery in California. If Rock doesn't press charges then no one will prosecute because it's a waste of taxpayers money.
People all over social platforms are poking fun at the lack of punishment he received and if a random fan went up on stage and did what Smith did, the consequences would have been much different, in California or anywhere else.

Reactions: covfefe

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Until there are actual consequences it's nothing more than talk hence the reason I say that we should give it some time and see how it all plays out.
There have been plenty of consequences, you just don't want to admit having been wrong. You seem to be the only person left in the world who somehow still thinks this was staged. You're asking for them to do something that has never happened before, strip an individual of their oscar. You realize the academy has not stripped Harvey Weinstein of his oscars right? The man was sentenced to 23 years in jail for sex crimes and still has all his awards. Bill Cosby still has his Golden Globes too...but sure...I guess it makes to expect Smith to lose his oscar for a slap..

Not sure why you're being this stubborn here...it's a bit weird.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
People all over social platforms are poking fun at the lack of punishment he received and if a random fan went up on stage and did what Smith did, the consequences would have been much different, in California or anywhere else.
Yes of course, welcome to the world we live in. You surprised about this? Lol.
Will Smith has also been getting destroyed on social media platforms.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

You can't just punish people beyond what is allowed by the law. It happened in LA, so California penal code is what apply... Same thing happen in Texas and you're down to $500 in fine.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You can't just punish people beyond what is allowed by the law. It happened in LA, so California penal code is what apply... Same thing happen in Texas and you're down to $500 in fine.
Dude, he stayed for the rest of the ceremony and went up and received his Oscar, all good right?

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There have been plenty of consequences, you just don't want to admit having been wrong. You seem to be the only person left in the world who somehow still thinks this was staged. You're asking for them to do something that has never happened before, strip an individual of their oscar. You realize the academy has not stripped Harvey Weinstein of his oscars right? The man was sentenced to 23 years in jail for sex crimes and still has all his awards. Bill Cosby still has his Golden Globes too...but sure...I guess it makes to expect Smith to lose his oscar for a slap..

Not sure why you're being this stubborn here...it's a bit weird.
It's a message board, we aren't in court and plenty of things are said here that mean nothing when the next page rolls around. I remember when we drafted Logan Mailloux and plenty of people were upset but there were also those that defended him without ever giving in and admitting anything.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Dude, he stayed for the rest of the ceremony and went up and received his Oscar, all good right?

All good is kind of a stretch but...

The academy decided to not kick him out.
Rock refused to take legal action.

So by that point it's pretty much the end of it as far as direct immediate consequences are involved.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
All good is kind of a stretch but...

The academy decided to not kick him out.
Rock refused to take legal action.

So by that point it's pretty much the end of it as far as direct immediate consequences are involved.
As I said earlier, lets wait and see how things play out once it fades from news cycles.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Probably trying to appeal to RP’s target demo.
Definitely didn't feel like a more mature Batman flick. Even the dialogue..
I do like Oz/Penguin...just wish there was a more interesting storyline. Definitely do not think they did better than Batman Returns with DeVito/Pfeiffer.

Reactions: Kimota

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's already faded. You didn't even know Apple, Netflix, Sony has pulled out of projects with him.
Fake news. They have paused or put some things on hold, they haven't pulled out of anything, get your facts straight Kriss. Yeah, those companies are going to pull the plug on a mega box office draw like Smith.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Fake news. They have paused or put some things on hold, they haven't pulled out of anything, get your facts straight Kriss. Yeah, those companies are going to pull the plug on a mega box office draw like Smith.

Euh, it's not fake news, they did pull out of some projects, and others were paused.

Anyway, you've shown your level of maturity here. You simply don't want to admit being wrong. All good man, keep believing this was all staged for some magical unknown reason :thumbu:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Euh, it's not fake news, they did pull out of some projects, and others were paused.

Anyway, you've shown your level of maturity here. You simply don't want to admit being wrong. All good man, keep believing this was all staged for some magical unknown reason :thumbu:

The greed of movie studios will ensure that the projects are released. (On hold or paused)They aren't exactly dumb, they will wait a while, Smith will probably enter into some rehab program for his anger issues the road back up commences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad