OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Wow, that's lame, but I have to ask... i mean, he must've hinted he liked parakeets for you to offer one, cause, y'know, who the hell offers a parakeet as a present, unless you own a pet store or is this some weird Swedish custom? :huh::laugh:

Lol! I did not buy it as a present. It was my bird that I inherited from my granny's sister. It was about 8 years old and it could say a few words as well. I was moving to the UK for 6 months so I asked if any of my friends wanted it.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Btw, I had a sleepless night again so I started to watch a show from the UK about the the border and custom police in ports and in airports. It's a reality show and they blank out the faces of people who get caught smuggling. I binge watched 5 shows if show is the right word?. Maybe a live documentary is a better description.
It's on YT, I pay 12 bucks for YT because I hate commercials. Anyone here that have seen it?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I guess the parents were the ones pushing to sell them?

I don't think my niece would do that with my comics and my sister wouldn't allow it. Still, comics aren't like most collectibles, as they are also entertainment.

I had all Donald Duck comic books from 1960-1967 in mint condition almost. My grandparents bought them and for a few years they read them to me when I was very young. Anyway when my granddad passed away in 1978, one of my aunts threw them away. I bet they could have been worth something.

Reactions: Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Terribly sad. He made Jeopardy interesting. How long is it since he did that appearance for the Senators? Was he from Ottawa or was he from Montreal given the French name?

Sudbury.

Also, what part of George Alexander Trebek is French?

His mother was Franco-Ontarian and his dad Ukrainian (Trebek was Terebeychuk).

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Feq2wNs.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Memoir of a murderer 2017 (Intense, heart rate up, best thriller); the beauty inside 2015 (a love story, someone who every day is physically a different person); the classic 2003 (very cliche, very cheese, a beautiful love story); Silenced 2011 (powerful movie, the child actors are amazing); Leave no trace 2018 ( deep emotional movie); Into the Wild 2007 ( surviving alone); The Great Battle 2018 (the arts of war)

I wish all the streaming services would consolidate so we could watch everything from one spot.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I wish all the streaming services would consolidate so we could watch everything from one spot.
Its getting terrible too. We have 5 streaming services. Disney, Prime, Crave, Netlfix and Tubi-the only free one of the bunch but has commercials(and more this year than last). That starts to add up to more than a cable bill. Esp because that is most of our internet usage, which is an additional fee for unlimited. Netflix more than the other 3 has decent content, but too often cancels good shows, pricing is very high at this point, for a while had cancelled most non Netflix properties(we almost cancelled at the time). Prime...more miss than hit other than The Boys. Crave...I don't know what to say other than bad. Disney...welp I have seen most superhero movies, they didn't include nat geo without an additional fee at launch, and I only watched the Mandolorean As far as their content.

Then my dad and I have to pay 200 a year for hockey.

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
First time I think I saw anyone reference handball,great sport,loved playing it.:thumbu:

Danish and Dutch are very close in grammar and sound, fairly easy to follow if knowing one or the other.

I don't know if I have posted this already but my hometown has/had a handball team that was pretty good (division 2) and one player who later played for a division and also the national team. One time when I was watching them in the arena the achilles tendon ruptured for a player, when he did one of those jumps where they shoot when they are in the air because they jump into the goal zone and they are not allowed to step in there while still having the ball. You could actually hear it almost like a gun shot. Horrible.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Remember we were all following James' amazing run?

RIP

Would be cool to see some of the heavyweights do some hosting in the interim until they figure out a long-term plan.

Not going to lie, I shed a tear today upon hearing of his passing. We have been following his battle with Pancreatic cancer since day one and rooting for him along the way. RIP Mr Trebek, you will be sadly missed.

Same

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So many great moments involving Alex Trebek. This is one of more poignant ones ...

He wasn't just universally loved, it came across as unconditional. What an incredible human being.

This was right after he announced his diagnosis publically.

Also, this one was a powerful moment that makes you realize he was special. It was from a few days ago (I believe his final episode before he passed away):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad