Blue Jays Discussion: Let the post-winter-meeting, pre-spring-training baseball withdrawl commence!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
AA may be the first person to leave a GM position willingly to go take a lower position elsewhere.

Maybe he followed the money.

Completely emptied our farm system, and followed the money afterwards.

But damnit, at least he had the balls to make the big moves that needed to be done. Maybe it was because he knew he was leaving.

Have to have a good farm system to be able to make those kinds of deals as well. There's some credit that is deserved there as well. Goes to a few people, not just Alex.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
You have the most explosive offense in baseball. The main core of your team is in jeopardy after this season. Do you not owe it to yourself, the organization, the fans to give it a shot this last year to win it all???

This is all I am saying.

we are taking for granted as an organization what pieces are in place. Why would you as an ownership group agreed to mortgage your future in deals for Price and Tulo if you had no intention to keep the team competitive over the next couple of years? Why would you go out and sign Russell Martin to the contract you did? You think Donaldson, Martin and Tulo will keep this team competitive after Joey Bats and EE leave?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
What a baby.

Could be he has principles and didn't like how Beeston was treated. We don't know the real reason, and we may never know. Calling him a baby when no one but Alex and probably Beeston know the real answer is stupid and a baseless judgement.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Could be he has principles and didn't like how Beeston was treated. We don't know the real reason, and we may never know. Calling him a baby when no one but Alex and probably Beeston know the real answer is stupid and a baseless judgement.

I'm just replying to what the poster was implying. He changed his tune about why Alex left.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You have the most explosive offense in baseball. The main core of your team is in jeopardy after this season. Do you not owe it to yourself, the organization, the fans to give it a shot this last year to win it all???

This is all I am saying.

we are taking for granted as an organization what pieces are in place. Why would you as an ownership group agreed to mortgage your future in deals for Price and Tulo if you had no intention to keep the team competitive over the next couple of years? Why would you go out and sign Russell Martin to the contract you did? You think Donaldson, Martin and Tulo will keep this team competitive after Joey Bats and EE leave?

agreed.

we are definitely taking for granted what we have in place right now.

even if we sold 3 everyone off and built the best system in baseball it would still be almost impossible to put together a better roster in 5 year than we have right now.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

This is all I am saying.

That's all you're saying when you complain about a nothing deal? Forgive me for not seeing how the 2 relate

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Fun bullpen crap:

The best left handed reliever available this offseason, Tony Sipp, signed for 3 years $18MM. The second best left handed reliever available this offseason, Antonio Bastardo, is still available and seeking a contract north of Sipp's in value.

We've been told by several media members and several intelligent posters on this board that Aaron Loup quote, "sux" and much like the French, cannot be trusted. He will make 900k this coming season.

Player A: 6.56 K/BB, 2.89 xFIP, 2.43 SIERA
Player B: 4.14 K/BB, 3.34 xFIP, 2.76 SIERA
Player C: 2.46 K/BB, 4.27 xFIP, 3.54 SIERA

My God, I love baseball.

I know A is Loup because of the crazy K/BB ratio. I've spent a lot of time looking at the numbers and I'm extremely high on Loup heading into 2016, but even I wouldn't have guessed that his xFIP and SIERA were that low.

Fun fact: of the 511 pitchers who threw at least 20 innings last year, only four had more than 9.00 K/9, less than 2.00 BB/9 and a GB% over 50%. Clayton Kershaw, Jake Arrieta, Zach Britton... and, of course, Aaron Loup.

Call me crazy, but I'm going to predict that Loup doesn't allow a .339 BABIP and 20.7% HR/FB next year. He's really good.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Elliot Johnson
Rudy Owens
Xavier Cedeno
Andy Wilkins
Matt West
Ronald Torreyes
Chris Heisey
Justin Ruggiano
Tyler Olson

This is the list of players who the Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired for cash or PTBNL over the course of the last year. The Dodgers, if you hadn't noticed, had a payroll of over $300 million last season.

Please explain.

might as well include all the waiver claims too since it probably costs more cash to make a waiver claim than the amount of cash considerations you trade.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Did you feel that way when it was Anthopoulos making a ton of deals like that, or is it purely a Shapiro/Atkins thing?

Small moves are important. Minor leaguers and depth moves matter.

Just in general. Everyone likes moves. Look at estrada and colabello nobody expected them to be core pieces.
Thats what i like about sports. You just dont know whats going to happen.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
That's all you're saying when you complain about a nothing deal? Forgive me for not seeing how the 2 relate

The two relate smart man because these nothing deals being reported are not going with what we have and what we should build on. We need to add to our potent lineup before its too late.

We have not gotten better since the last out of the ALCS. No matter what anyone says we haven't. Happ and Chavez do not make us better.

We lost a number one pitcher, a serviceable backup catcher and hitter off the bench, 2 relievers, and our number 3 starter from last season in Buerhle.

We replaced them with what??? Chavez and Happ. Awesome.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The two relate smart man because these nothing deals being reported are not going with what we have and what we should build on. We need to add to our potent lineup before its too late.

We have not gotten better since the last out of the ALCS. No matter what anyone says we haven't. Happ and Chavez do not make us better.

We lost a number one pitcher, a serviceable backup catcher and hitter off the bench, 2 relievers, and our number 3 starter from last season in Buerhle.

We replaced them with what??? Chavez and Happ. Awesome.

You're forgetting Mr. Stroman.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I know A is Loup because of the crazy K/BB ratio. I've spent a lot of time looking at the numbers and I'm extremely high on Loup heading into 2016, but even I wouldn't have guessed that his xFIP and SIERA were that low.

Fun fact: of the 511 pitchers who threw at least 20 innings last year, only four had more than 9.00 K/9, less than 2.00 BB/9 and a GB% over 50%. Clayton Kershaw, Jake Arrieta, Zach Britton... and, of course, Aaron Loup.

Call me crazy, but I'm going to predict that Loup doesn't allow a .339 BABIP and 20.7% HR/FB next year. He's really good.

He's going full Britton next year. Then we have to hear people say "I knew he was good man" like we did with Cecil this season.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I'm just replying to what the poster was implying. He changed his tune about why Alex left.

Fair enough. For me, his reasons are his reasons. Whether it be not liking Shapiro, or Rogers, or Beestons treatment etc.

I don't think it has to do with autonomy. It has to do with him being in a situation that he's comfortable and happy with. And I think that's fair.

I'm interested to see what his role with the Dodgers is, if it's been announced yet.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He's going full Britton next year. Then we have to hear people say "I knew he was good man" like we did with Cecil this season.

but Cecil wasn't good. Everyone knew he wasn't good. I mean I could go back to the GDT's and find all kind of quotes back from May when Cecil was the closer to show just what everyone thought of Brett Cecil :laugh:

what have you done for me lately.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

This is all I am saying.

I don't think you know who you're mad at.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
A lot of mad in this thread

which makes no sense. I mean what happened today to make anyone mad? AA to Dodgers, some meaningless trade?

AA wasn't coming back so who cares where he goes, why get made at some meaningless trade? I really don't get people sometimes.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
The deal is a nothing deal with Leon, but no stone left unturned. You got a player for cash or a nobody. Nothing wrong with that imo. Maybe he hits, if he doesn't, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad