Blue Jays Discussion: Let the post-winter-meeting, pre-spring-training baseball withdrawl commence!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
#BlueJays acquire RHP Arnold Leon from #Athletics for cash. He hit Rene Tosoni to set off Cda-Mex brawl at 2013 WBC.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Completely emptied our farm system, and followed the money afterwards.

It's certainly thinner, but people should really stop spitting out this "completely empty" narrative.

3 of our top 10 prospects were traded.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
#BlueJays acquire RHP Arnold Leon from #Athletics for cash. He hit Rene Tosoni to set off Cda-Mex brawl at 2013 WBC.

Good job Atkins diet.... you acquired a pitcher that was designated for assignment from the A's out of all people. The place that makes garbage pitchers into something!!!

Way to go....what a GM. LMAO

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Good job Atkins diet.... you acquired a pitcher that was designated for assignment from the A's out of all people. The place that makes garbage pitchers into something!!!

Way to go....what a GM. LMAO

:help:

You nrealize these trades happen all the time? The Dodgers did this 4 times to us last summer, trading for our minor league scrubs for cash considerations which is basically like a thousand bucks or something.

But yeah lets just criticize teams for nothing deals.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
:help:

You nrealize these trades happen all the time? The Dodgers did this 4 times to us last summer, trading for our minor league scrubs for cash considerations which is basically like a thousand bucks or something.

But yeah lets just criticize teams for nothing deals.

Exactly. Some teams have to get rid on contracts and move money around.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hyperbolic for sure but 3 out of our top 10 which was considered very strong is still a lot. Don't get me wrong I'd make both trades again.

It's a lot but for a lot of people it's not hyperbolic, a lot of people legitimatly think the entrie farm is gone and we have to start over, listening to them *****ing to Bob McCown it makes me facepalm sometimes. Like we traded 11 pitchers and that was our top 11 prospects or something, and a teams minor league consists only of 11 pitchers and now we have nothing.

A far bigger reason why the farm is thinner is because of the graduations. Sanchez, Travis, Pompey, Osuna. Pillar and Stroman the year before that. We have graduated more to the team than we've traded, yet our farm is empty(when it's not) because we've traded everyone away.

If we ever end up trading Maese, Hollon, Perdomo, Urena, etc, etc, etc I better not see any *****ing because people are acting like those guys don't exist right now so no reason to care about them being traded if they do get traded. And those aren't even the top end guys.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Every time i see bluejays to acquire or bluejays to sign i get excited amd then i see who it is for and i let out a ahhhhhh

Did you feel that way when it was Anthopoulos making a ton of deals like that, or is it purely a Shapiro/Atkins thing?

Small moves are important. Minor leaguers and depth moves matter.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Exactly. Some teams have to get rid on contracts and move money around.

Still makes the move pointless and a move low budget non-contending teams make like the Cleveland Indians make. Oh wait, the Jays were like this too before. Only problem is that they took steps forward and are slapping their true fans in the face with these petty moves. When what they should be doing is stacking up their team for one last run before our team is dismantled.

I can see it now... nothing gets done. We struggle because of our bullpen and SP. We end up selling off Bautista and EE prior to deadline. To replenish our farm system the Shapiro blasted AA on.

This way ****iro and Atkins diet can do things their way which mediocrity on a low payroll. Cause who are we kidding, that's all Rogers wants is to pad their wallets. Unfortunately they go this route, I don't think there will be fans waiting around for another 20 years for a playoff appearance. This team will be as good as done and relocated.

Bunch of jokers.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Did you feel that way when it was Anthopoulos making a ton of deals like that, or is it purely a Shapiro/Atkins thing?

Small moves are important. Minor leaguers and depth moves matter.

remember when everyone wanted AA gone a year ago because he sucked at having depth. :laugh:

I didn't see that post you quoted as criticism though, just getting excited for a move and then it being a pretty blah move

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
#HireShapiro

I like the direction we are going in

Ya if you want to wait another 20 years for a playoff appearance. Fans like you that give ownership too much credit for screwing us over. That's why things like this happen. This is why the Toronto Maple Leafs have been losers for as long as they have and seats are still filled.

Toronto is a bad sports city and they are fine with mediocrity. It is so sad.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It's a lot but for a lot of people it's not hyperbolic, a lot of people legitimatly think the entrie farm is gone and we have to start over, listening to them *****ing to Bob McCown it makes me facepalm sometimes. Like we traded 11 pitchers and that was our top 11 prospects or something, and a teams minor league consists only of 11 pitchers and now we have nothing.

A far bigger reason why the farm is thinner is because of the graduations. Sanchez, Travis, Pompey, Osuna. Pillar and Stroman the year before that. We have graduated more to the team than we've traded, yet our farm is empty(when it's not) because we've traded everyone away.

If we ever end up trading Maese, Hollon, Perdomo, Urena, etc, etc, etc I better not see any *****ing because people are acting like those guys don't exist right now so no reason to care about them being traded if they do get traded. And those aren't even the top end guys.

I would love to know how many of the people who complain about the farm being empty had even heard of Tinoco, Labourt, Tirado, Wells, Brentz and Cordero, let alone knowing any details about them. I assume they knew about Norris, Boyd, Castro and Hoffman because of their high profiles/MLB experience, but most of them probably still don't have the slightest clue who any of the other guys are. They just know lots of prospects were traded, and that's all the information they need to declare the farm system "empty".

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Fun bullpen crap:

The best left handed reliever available this offseason, Tony Sipp, signed for 3 years $18MM. The second best left handed reliever available this offseason, Antonio Bastardo, is still available and seeking a contract north of Sipp's in value.

We've been told by several media members and several intelligent posters on this board that Aaron Loup quote, "sux" and much like the French, cannot be trusted. He will make 900k this coming season.

Player A: 6.56 K/BB, 2.89 xFIP, 2.43 SIERA
Player B: 4.14 K/BB, 3.34 xFIP, 2.76 SIERA
Player C: 2.46 K/BB, 4.27 xFIP, 3.54 SIERA

My God, I love baseball.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Still makes the move pointless and a move low budget non-contending teams make like the Cleveland Indians make.

Elliot Johnson
Rudy Owens
Xavier Cedeno
Andy Wilkins
Matt West
Ronald Torreyes
Chris Heisey
Justin Ruggiano
Tyler Olson

This is the list of players who the Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired for cash or PTBNL over the course of the last year. The Dodgers, if you hadn't noticed, had a payroll of over $300 million last season.

Please explain.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Who is saying anything about forking over 200 million. I wouldn't have paid the Price contract either. But I sure as hell would have did what SF did and bring in two starters for under that amount.

This management team is horrible. Future isn't so bright as you make it out to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Elliot Johnson
Rudy Owens
Xavier Cedeno
Andy Wilkins
Matt West
Ronald Torreyes
Chris Heisey
Justin Ruggiano
Tyler Olson

This is the list of players who the Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired for cash or PTBNL over the course of the last year. The Dodgers, if you hadn't noticed, had a payroll of over $300 million last season.

Please explain.

Well that one's easy! At least the Dodgers have won a world series in the last 22 years! Oh wait...

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Who is saying anything about forking over 200 million. I wouldn't have paid the Price contract either. But I sure as hell would have did what SF did and bring in two starters for under that amount.

This management team is horrible. Future isn't so bright as you make it out to be.

J.A. Happ, Marco Estrada?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad