Speculation: Leon Draisaitl maybe the highest paid NHL player

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Swayman put it best when he said taking less, lessons the bag for the next goalie up.
It's one thing to take a discount when you're 35 and it won't be used as a comparable but an entirely different animal when signing your biggest contract.

If these guys are honest, it’s not really for the next guy up. You want all the money, that’s your prerogative but you’re not doing anything for the greater good. Escalating salaries in a flat or slow to grow cap just creates a underclass of league minimum guys and empty roster spots at the bottom of the roster. No ones blaming you, get your bag but don’t present yourself like some union hero.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Swayman must be brainwashed here. The CBA splits the dollars between players and owners clearly. Unless he only cares about his goalie peers and dont want money to go to the skaters.
He's referring to setting a precedent.
If he signs for below what he's worth, other teams looking to sign their goalie of similar age, stats etc as a comparable.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I wonder how much drai and McDavid have these conversations between themselves. They gotta be talking.

For ex maybe if drai knows 100% McDavid resigns, then he takes less to help team. But if McDavid doesn't sign or doesn't know yet, then maybe drai looks out for himself and gets max salary. They gotta know where eachother are at

Reactions: Devonator

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Bouchard was on a historic run, but sure he was almost entirely useless.

🤡
You missed my point. He put up a lot of points but many off his assists he really had very little to do with is the point I was making. His numbers are clearly inflated by a historic pp and being stapled to the best player on the planet.
Useless? I remember him having some timely goals in the Vancouver series, and he certainly outplayed Hughes.

How much do you think he’s worth?
Goals I'll give him that see above for the other.

The oilers feasted on the pp against Silovs. Quinn was excellent containing #97. He may have had more points but there's more to being a dman than points. Quinn was only on the ice for two goals the entire series.

Vancouver also played the entire playoffs conservatively trying to insulate Silovs.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Sure but Bouchards were almost entirely useless and came off the backs of the other two.
I give credit when it's due and Mcdrai are insanely good, Bouchard and his 10 million future cap hit along with Nurse will stifle the oilers from ever winning it all
Bouchard has the most points by defenceman last 2 playoffs set a record for assists by a man in playoffs this past season these types of posts are hilarious, His defense metrics have been great. Try harder

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Im not claiming to be Bob Mckenzie but i have a friend who works for the LA Kings as a youth hockey promoter with sponsees like West Valley Wolves and Pickwick and he has proven to be reliable.

I have posted on Lakingsinsider throughout this summer and broken multiple things weeks or days in advance such as Matt Roy and Arvidsson leaving 2 months before free agency.
The PLD trade for a goalie about 3 weeks before it happened . The Tanner Jeanott trade 4 days before it happened and Blake Lizotte leaving .

According to same friend he says there is talk within the Kings organization that IF and its a big IF Draisaitl remains unsigned until next offseason that Kings are 110% confident that he will be coming to LA . He is friends with some Kings brass and players and loves LA apparently.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yes. I'm thinking 13.5 to 14.5 for 8 years.
13.5-14.5 would be fair market value for him, likely puts McDavid in the 15.0-16.5 range

Im not claiming to be Bob Mckenzie but i have a friend who works for the LA Kings as a youth hockey promoter with sponsees like West Valley Wolves and Pickwick and he has proven to be reliable.

I have posted on Lakingsinsider throughout this summer and broken multiple things weeks or days in advance such as Matt Roy and Arvidsson leaving 2 months before free agency.
The PLD trade for a goalie about 3 weeks before it happened . The Tanner Jeanott trade 4 days before it happened and Blake Lizotte leaving .

According to same friend he says there is talk within the Kings organization that IF and its a big IF Draisaitl remains unsigned until next offseason that Kings are 110% confident that he will be coming to LA . He is friends with some Kings brass and players and loves LA apparently.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
13.5-14.5 would be fair market value for him, likely puts McDavid in the 15.0-16.5 range

Bullshit he comes or bullshit that i broke those things before it happened ?

I been a member since 06 i barely post and i have never posted a rumor in my life . I wouldnt tarnish my reputation off bullshit . Why dont you ask some Kings fans on Lakingsinsider if i did or not or better yet go check out my posts on Lakingsinsider . Receipts are there my friend

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That will look good on a banner.
They hang a banner for western conference winners?

Fun fact. oilers have lost to the cup winners for the past three years in a row.
Do you hang a banner for that too?

I think somewhere around what Mackinnon is making should be the ceiling for Draisaitl. Mackinnon is a shade better than him, but the cap is slightly higher now.
Taxes aren’t bad in Colorado. Oil will need to pay a lot more per year to net similar dollars to Nate.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
TSN said the Drai AAV lives in the $14mm all day long.
Evolving Hockey projects his next contract at $13.5 million over eight years, while The Athletic's model pegs him at being worth $12.5 annually over that period of time. Recent reporting from TSN's Ryan Rishaug predicts that the AAV will be north of $14 million.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Bouchard has the most points by defenceman last 2 playoffs set a record for assists by a man in playoffs this past season these types of posts are hilarious, His defense metrics have been great. Try harder
Bouchard is definitely getting at least $10mm per.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
They hang a banner for western conference champs?

Do you hang a banner for that too?

Taxes aren’t bad in Colorado. Oil will need to pat a lot more to net similar dollars.
Yes

Just like dudes from Florida do after they post in Oilers threads

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

That dovetails with what I’m hearing.

I have a friend in the Ducks org that told me the club offered Zegras ++ for Drai last season. It’s probably known within NHL circles that Drai loves Los Angeles.

I really doubt an extension in Edmonton is a done deal.

Yes

Just like dudes from Florida do after they post in Oilers threads
Well Enjoy all those banners then. Lots of lite reading to do in the Oils barn. .

Just nothing that reads “champion” this century.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's referring to setting a precedent.
If he signs for below what he's worth, other teams looking to sign their goalie of similar age, stats etc as a comparable.

He’s not going to be signing any precedent setting deal with Price, Bobrovsky and Vasilevskiy having hit the $10 million mark years ago.

Maybe on a dollars to games played overpay ratio though. But again that’s about getting the bag personally rather than set up any kind of condition for his goalie brethren.

Apr 29, 2017

Cool story. No way he makes it to free agency.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
That dovetails with what I’m hearing.

I have a friend in the Ducks org that told me the club offered Zegras ++ for Drai last season. It’s probably known within NHL circles that Drai loves Los Angeles.

I really doubt an extension in Edmonton is a done deal.

Well Enjoy all those banners then. Lots of lite reading to do in the Oils barn. .

Just nothing that reads “champion” this century.
Wrong again Florida dude

1724900090672.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad