Player Discussion Leo Carlsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I'm thinking comparables would be like Tuch or Thompson? Lanky dangling player?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think this pick was the correct one for the Ducks.

I am not sure I like the #1 center as an overly Physical (a lot of hitting) presence. Shorter career and better chance at injury. The #2 sure, but not #1. Also not sure how physical Fantilli will be in the NHL, but he sure seems like a good character kid. Was more impressed with the Leo film than the Fantilli film to be honest.
That’s actually a good point

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
He could easily add 20 lbs and play at 215-220.
Sure it's possible he adds some weight, but sometimes they don't. I mean you're already jumping the gun that he weighs as much as them, and they're taller. Look at Tyler Myers. Play wise, my point was it looks like he plays a similar style to those two I mentioned. I'd be fine with that, because Gaucher is gonna be that center for us.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
IMG_2983.jpeg

Good job espn!!!!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Congrats Ducks fans, I think the Ducks made the best pick. I had Carlsson second all year. His upside is enormous. He thinks the game so perfectly.

I was a little sad you took Leo before my Blue Jackets could, but I'm also happy with Fantilli (we have insider reports that you saved us from Will Smith, which I think would have been a mistake).

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Ducks were horrible at puck possession, constantly stuck in their own zone. I think this pick was made towards continuing to build a roster that can move the puck and keep it in the offensive zone. With the skilled D coming soon and centers that project to be able to enter with skill and maintain, I hope to see less dump and chase and fewer D just playing it off the boards.

Reactions: Trojans86

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
How Swede it is. Very excited by this.

This feels like Hampus situation again. The hot takes by the anaheim calling crew back then were hilarious. Freak outs on twitter are terribad.

Reactions: Lord Flashheart

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So that pre-lottery video over a month ago of the Mascot watching a video of Bedard, Fantilli and Carlsson ended up being accurate lol, they got one of the three and the Russian seemingly was never considered lol.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad