Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Remember when the Leafs were the team witn 40+ shots and losing games? Feels good to be on the other side for a change.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Is it too early to think that Kadri may be the real deal?

14 points in 16 games. Very good defensively. Very few mistakes. Drawing a ridiculous amount of penalties. Great playmaking. Hits.

Definitely still has 1C potential.

Also, Bozak is awesome.

nazim will be our 2C by year's end, book it.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Got to love our toughness, when we beat them on the scoreboard, they will test our toughness, get beatup, then go out like lambs. In the past the leafs would get pushed around, but now, even before the game starts, the leafs know they have one of the battles already won.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
But,but Burke said if he fired Ronnie like we all wanted that he'd be hired the next day by another team. Was Brian lying to us?:laugh:

I recall some of those discussions with Wilson defenders, not going to call them out, just look at the difference without him this year. Last year you always felt the roof was going to cave in, bad pk and bad defence don't make a playoff team. Also being constantly outmuscled does not help. Not this year. Yeah with Burke I wonder, did he lose it?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
nazim will be our 2C by year's end, book it.

I'd say he already is, I believe he's getting more PP time then Grabovski, and it might only have been marginally but he also played more minutes tonight.

Grabovski is being used as a shut-down center, Caryle said it, so has Grabovski. A role normally given to Caryle's third line.

Grabovski & Kulemin only show flashes of dominance, each and every game a couple years ago they displayed these flashes, last year Grabovski still played with a fire in his belly, Kulemin started teeter off, now Grabovski's fire seems to have diminished too. Probably has alot to do with their reduced offensive roles.

SteveV*

Scrivens has really settled in, bears no resemblance to the guy flopping around, giving up gross rebounds. What a revelation.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I thought the defense, which is huge size wise this year, kept a lot of the Florida shots to the outside. Kessel was good, as was the captain. No doubt a bigger, tougher team under Carlyle has made a big difference this year. Wilson conned Burke into icing a team that was soft as butter, and it eventually cost him his job.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'd say he already is, I believe he's getting more PP time then Grabovski, and it might only have been marginally but he also played more minutes tonight.

Grabovski is being used as a shut-down center, Caryle said it, so has Grabovski. A role normally given to Caryle's third line.

Grabovski & Kulemin only show flashes of dominance, each and every game a couple years ago they displayed these flashes, last year Grabovski still played with a fire in his belly, Kulemin started teeter off, now Grabovski's fire seems to have diminished too. Probably has alot to do with their reduced offensive roles.

Which is fine by me. He's doing his job (as is the line) It would be nice to have them get some fire though. hopefully they realise they can be bother (shut down + offensive).

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
For all the ******** that Dion takes on this board
He is now playing like an all star.

Definitely our best player tonight hits. takeaways good offensive plays
he did it all. IMO not so easily replaced like some on this board are saying.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Probably a combination of shutdown role and no Ron Wilson system so he can have the run of the schoolyard.

This is probably a fair analysis for Grabo.

For Kule, it must be frustrating seeing your centre go 1 on 2, bury his head and shoot without even thinking about passing. I'm not sure I would work hard either if I knew I wasn't going to get the puck.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Grabo and Kadri are both on the same 2nd PP unit.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Carlyle: "I don’t like to put any thinking toward where we are. We have not accomplished anything. We have won 10 hockey games." #Leafs

Now that's a ****ing coach. A coach that won't rest, nor let his team rest until the finish line. :yo:

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Scrivens Stymies Panthers

Coming into the game, the Leafs made a surprise lineup change, playing Gunnarsson and benching Liles making it close to a total of 10 million in the press box. It’s a refreshing change to see a Leafs coach/GM choose players based on merit and not the size of their salary. Anyways, to the game

http://wewantacup.com/headlines/1279-scrivens-stymies-panthers

leafs%20vs%20panthers.jpg

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Dion was a beast tonight! Weathered a bit of a storm at the start of the game, but that's what good teams do.. this thread seems a little bare tonight.. where all the "Leaf fans"?? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad