Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Big game tomorrow night against Tampa. They're likely going to be one of the teams we're fighting with for spots 5 - 8 in the East. While we're 5 points up on them now, they have two games in hand. With a win, we'll be 7 points up on them while playing 2 games or than them, with a loss we'll be only 3 points up on them.

Go Leafs Go!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I still won't let myself think this is a playoff calibre team, but the evidence is piling up to the contrary.

The league will make adjustments to them like they did last season, it's about how they adjust back that will determine their fate. Last season they completely folded, not able to make any adjustments. This year with Randy it will be much different.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The D look good, the thing I notice is just how big Holzer, Franson, Fraser are back there. Really changes the complexion for forwards going into our zone.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Kudos to Colton for standing up to the guy who gave him a concussion a few years back.

I'm very interested in finding out what Randy is going to do with the Lineup once Lupul and Frattin return.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
:D

that is all

I was expecting a good Gunners post.

Disappoint.jpg

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
props to Carlyle for making this team a TEAM..

before with Wilson you would never see the chemistry you see now. Now you have toughness and nobody messes with anyone on our team because you got McClaren, Orr, Brown, Fraser, Phaneuf and the toughness of Holzer and the grit of Komarov. I'm sorry but we have almost every element. I just wish Grabo would find his magic..

But even on the twitter the guys are joking around and seem to be enjoying the family bond of a TEAM. Great to see. I KNOW we will be in the playoffs.

Sure Carlyle can have some credit, but I think more youthful players from Marlies this year helps too. Those kids are young, hungry, and fighting for jobs. Burke signed (and traded for) too many useless veterans (Connolly, Mac, Lombardi, Armstrong etc) who occupied roaster spots.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Kudos to Colton for standing up to the guy who gave him a concussion a few years back.

I'm very interested in finding out what Randy is going to do with the Lineup once Lupul and Frattin return.

I'm more interested in finding out what Nonis is going to do with our roster once Lupul, Frattin, and Gardiner get back.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Big game tomorrow night against Tampa. They're likely going to be one of the teams we're fighting with for spots 5 - 8 in the East. While we're 5 points up on them now, they have two games in hand. With a win, we'll be 7 points up on them while playing 2 games or than them, with a loss we'll be only 3 points up on them.

Go Leafs Go!

More importantly , they will be playing a healthy team that is playing ok hockey.

tomor will be a good test and measuring stick.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm more interested in finding out what Nonis is going to do with our roster once Lupul, Frattin, and Gardiner get back.

I figure, wait.
we are in the same situation that we were in with "best amazing playoff run ever since 1993" when Sundin, Tucker and a few others were out and Roberts and McAculey were playing AMAZING.

Sundin et all got better, Quinn threw them in and boom. Chemistry changed and we lost in 6. (Yes you could argue we played 2 consecutive seven game series, but Quinn said if he could do it over again he would have left the team alone).

I'll trust Carlyle to wait and do the best thing.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yup, so far we've been facing some offensively challenged teams.

TB's offensive is spring loaded and you can count on Ontario boy Steven Stamkos to gun hard for a couple of goals.

One of the first real tests for Carlyle's new defensive system, in my opinion.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Dion was a beast tonight! Weathered a bit of a storm at the start of the game, but that's what good teams do.. this thread seems a little bare tonight.. where all the "Leaf fans"?? :sarcasm:

Dion...Kessel....Kadri....Orr......Scribbles....Kostka.....Gunnar....etc....etc.....****in'heave away boys!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad