Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
He shouldn't, Leafs no longer have any depth in the minors, Rynnas hasn't been good, Owuya is now backing up the new goalie McIntyre for the Marlies.

Also, Caryle's system has to help. Goalies tend to look much better in his system, Hiller, Bryzgalov, Giguere... etc.

I think this is a big reason why Goalies trade values are lower recently, it's much harder to gauge their ability these days. Toskala looked great in San Jose, atrocious elsewhere.

When are we gonna see the time when Goalies are elite players on teams again? The Roy's, Brodeurs, Haseks, Josephs. Quick was sensational in the playoffs, but hasn't been great since, same goes for Caps goalie, Braden Holtby.

I think other than those names, Lundqvist comes to mind-he can single handly win games like those you mentioned.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am now 1-1 in GDT in my 1st season on HFBoards....

My rookie season is off to a decent start ;)

mstew

Mar 2, 2011
Canada
He shouldn't, Leafs no longer have any depth in the minors, Rynnas hasn't been good, Owuya is now backing up the new goalie McIntyre for the Marlies.

Also, Caryle's system has to help. Goalies tend to look much better in his system, Hiller, Bryzgalov, Giguere... etc.

I think this is a big reason why Goalies trade values are lower recently, it's much harder to gauge their ability these days. Toskala looked great in San Jose, atrocious elsewhere.

When are we gonna see the time when Goalies are elite players on teams again? The Roy's, Brodeurs, Haseks, Josephs. Quick was sensational in the playoffs, but hasn't been great since, same goes for Caps goalie, Braden Holtby.

Spot on. Carlyes system has been a huge part of both the leafs and Scrivens / Reimers success thus far.

What an upgrade over wilson

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
An analogy...

Previously we have played hockey like an unskilled slugger of a boxer. Hoping to be able to get a knock out punch in with out protecting him self. 5-3, 3-5, 6-4, 4-6 etc

Now we are all of a sudden a skilled and tactical fighter who use his jab to keep the opponent at distance and hurt him a little bit before he deliver hard punches. Once he have the other guy at the ropes he crushes him.

Ok, time for bed ;)

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
icgRYRu83YX5z.gif

AlmightyPO

Dec 13, 2009
London
Played better than we did against Sens, but still a few things to work on.

With that said hard not to be happy with these constant team efforts, never really saw them with Wilson. Definitely slowly and cautiously getting more and more excited for the potential for post season action though.

Asif16*

Hey guys, so in what game do you guys project Matt Frattin to be back in? I just want to know how many potential games we can go with this lineup. I also want to know if we can thrown this lineup out against the Smurfs next week. I wanna see if they want revenge with this lineup out on the ice. :naughty:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Banked another win, Good job lads. :handclap:

New lines Idea

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Grabovski - Kadri - MacArther
Kulemin - McClement - Komarov
Blue bombers

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think a huge and amazing decision is the entire 4th line, not just McClement. Burke was trying for "truculence" for years and Nonis does it in a matter of weeks. They do their job and I think the sense of protection makes everyone better. Wilson really screwed things up by demoting Orr.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Is it too early to think that Kadri may be the real deal?

14 points in 16 games. Very good defensively. Very few mistakes. Drawing a ridiculous amount of penalties. Great playmaking. Hits.

Definitely still has 1C potential.

Also, Bozak is awesome.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
People thought we needed a #1 goalie.

A 1/3 of the season gone and it looks like we have two. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad