Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
lens15979401_1297354048malphite.jpg

ROCK SOLID SCRIVENS

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The good:

Kadri
Dion
Scrivens

The bad

Grabo, no line to shutdown tonight, now on a 30 point pace this season per 82 games.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Started off very choppy, but the buds really took off after the Kessel goal. We still have a few things to upgrade, but I haven't been this optimistic about the organization since before the previous lockout.

Plus, we still have plenty of young prospects to look forward to/move out for those upgrades.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Scrivens amazing. He probably feels no pressure with who's starting with reimer out and is playing like a boss. Looks like we have 2 solid goalies.

He shouldn't, Leafs no longer have any depth in the minors, Rynnas hasn't been good, Owuya is now backing up the new goalie McIntyre for the Marlies.

Also, Caryle's system has to help. Goalies tend to look much better in his system, Hiller, Bryzgalov, Giguere... etc.

I think this is a big reason why Goalies trade values are lower recently, it's much harder to gauge their ability these days. Toskala looked great in San Jose, atrocious elsewhere.

When are we gonna see the time when Goalies are elite players on teams again? The Roy's, Brodeurs, Haseks, Josephs. Quick was sensational in the playoffs, but hasn't been great since, same goes for Caps goalie, Braden Holtby.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Not the best start, but Scrivens was outstanding! Kessel's goal was a beaut, and Kadri continues to do his thing. Great game for him. Glad Mac potted one as well. Grabo looked livelier at times, I thought, but he's not earning his paycheque.

Edit: Forgot the D. All were great, but Gunnar looked rusty.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So nice to be able to be outplayed for half a game, and have your goalie still keep you in it. Haven't had that since Belfour.

Now we know how other teams feel.

and damn, Phaneuf was a dominant force tonight, at both ends of the ice.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Albeit one bad blemish, I thought Gunnarsson was solid considering it was his first game back.

All 6 of the d-men deserve much love tonight.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
We're tied with the Bruins for 1st in our division :D

wooot. Feels good!

edit: never mind the habs have that. darn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad