Friedman: Leafs willing to move 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s not my first preference to trade the first rounder but there’s also a wide range of possibilities and you can’t react to the trade until you see where on the spectrum it lands.

In terms of rentals, don’t do it. If you can get an asset with control, youth, and some years left on the contract. I don’t see a problem. Fixes one hole while we go into the summer to fix more. But if it’s just for 2024. That wouldn’t be great.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why? What has trading their first in the past done? Let the core prove that they can carry the team. So far, that has not happened. They got plenty of help at the deadline before in previous years. Why should the Leafs waste anymore of their precious assets? They will because they are a dumb organization.

No goaltending and defense will do that to even the most elite offensive team. That 1st can partially improve those gaps.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Seems like every other player wants to play for the Maple Leafs, and I'm not surprised. Now that we know the 1st round pick is in play, here's a trade I'd be willing to make:

TOR: Sidney Crosby
PIT: Matty Knies, 1st

Pens are shite this year. Everyone knows this. GM Corsi King should do the right thing and set Sidney free. He would instantly demote Johnny to the 3rd line, where he belongs. This is a trade forged in the depths of HELL. With this one simple move, Toronto ensures the Cup win.

Although I know this won't happen, a friend of mine who's hated the Leafs since they lost in the ECF versus Carolina, said the only way he'd be a Leafs fan again is if we get Sid the Kid. So get er done lol

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hearing this draft is apparently weak in the lower half of round one, especially when compared to 2025. Maybe the Leaf’s 2025 first would have more pull than 2024?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Hearing this draft is apparently weak in the lower half of round one, especially when compared to 2025. Maybe the Leaf’s 2025 first would have more pull than 2024?
There's good players in every draft. Last year's draft was supposed to be weak as well and I think we got a good player in Cowan out of it.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Is the team a 1st round rated player away from winning it all?
I’m not trying to be a pessimist, but this team has too many “playoff holes”. And the league is getting younger…. A well picked 1st rounder (heck even 2nd rounders) can make impacts at a faster rate.

exemple rumor of leafs trying to get both hanifin and tanev and find a way to extend them...

they fix #2 and 3 issues in D

that would help to fix goaltending issu because leafs goLie would not have to do as much

that would help secondary scoring gor the only reason than leafs will defend less and attacking more...

fixing 1 hole can help to fix a lot of holes at the same time

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Seems like every other player wants to play for the Maple Leafs, and I'm not surprised. Now that we know the 1st round pick is in play, here's a trade I'd be willing to make:

TOR: Sidney Crosby
PIT: Matty Knies, 1st

Pens are shite this year. Everyone knows this. GM Corsi King should do the right thing and set Sidney free. He would instantly demote Johnny to the 3rd line, where he belongs. This is a trade forged in the depths of HELL. With this one simple move, Toronto ensures the Cup win.
Yea like ryan oreilly

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think Treliving should hold on to the first round pick and the top prospects in the organization. The current roster is not on the cusp of contending for a Stanley Cup.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
exemple rumor of leafs trying to get both hanifin and tanev and find a way to extend them...

they fix #2 and 3 issues in D

that would help to fix goaltending issu because leafs goLie would not have to do as much

that would help secondary scoring gor the only reason than leafs will defend less and attacking more...

fixing 1 hole can help to fix a lot of holes at the same time
That would be incredible. If the Leafs can fix both 2D and 3D into the future , yes. Would take savvy GM work and confidence that the bottom 6 find their game.

Rielly-Tanev
Hanifin-Benoit
McCabe-Liljgren

Is a sturdy backend. But takes ALOT to accomplish it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad