Post-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Coyotes - Leading the League in Moral Victories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I find it amusing, no wait....PATHETIC.... how much praise is being directed at the Leafs despite winning one single game out of eight.

Rather than criticizing players that are awful and not even worthy of dawning a uniform, most are spending their time admiring how high Morgan Rielly jumped to catch a puck...how many spam shots the Leafs are directing towards the net...how Kadri is really "stirring things up"...oh and did I mention how many shots we are taking?

To me it's ridiculous. Come on people.

This is a brutal hockey team and it's about time we started chasing a player or two out of here.

Kessel getting the boot was awesome but it's nigh time a few others are shipped out of here starting with the CAPTAIN.

Let's go Leafs fans!!!!!!

'Chasing a player or two out of here'.

Probably sums you up.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Sorry the truth hurts my friend!

After watching so many good teams play this and the past ten years, I can't help but expect more than what the Leafs have had to offer.

Glad you've been enjoying it.

Go Luke Schenn!
Who is hurting?

I said I enjoy the posts. You're on the verge of tears.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
We need more top talent. I was a teen in the 80s. I would like to see a Cup while I can still enjoy the parade without a walker. Rebuild away.

Of course we do... it stars with Matthews. He's a star. Nylander/Marner = very good. We're getting there. When you add complimentary pieces from the Marlies and depth players -- we'll be a championship team, in 4 to 5 years.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
What free agents were avoided? I see a whole host of them on the Leafs roster.

What young kids are being played? I see very few of them on the Leafs roster.

How is the salary low? I see a team payroll 8th out of 30 teams in the NHL.

Sorry but this version of reality just isn't adding up.

This team is just overpaid garbage.

Get rid of Dion, Lupul, Bozak, and Kadri and this "rebuild" may actually get started.

:laugh: I just copy and pasted the first definition I found. The leafs are taking a much more patient aproach to rebuilding then the above method. They are stockpilling young talent to use in the future while they develop them now. Cheap FA were signed in hopes they play well enough that a contender would want them for picks at the deadline. If you had any real expectations coming into this year you were probably sleeping under a rock.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Of course we do... it stars with Matthews. He's a star. Nylander/Marner = very good. We're getting there. When you add complimentary pieces from the Marlies and depth players -- we'll be a championship team, in 4 to 5 years.

I can live with that

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so to sum up.

people can tolerate a rebuild , just as long as it happens quickly, everyone goes when they want them to, no mistakes can happen, and we still sign amazing free agents

gotcha.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
so to sum up.

people can tolerate a rebuild , just as long as it happens quickly, everyone goes when they want them to, no mistakes can happen, and we still sign amazing free agents

gotcha.

Don't forget we also have to win most of our games.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
:laugh: I just copy and pasted the first definition I found. The leafs are taking a much more patient aproach to rebuilding then the above method. They are stockpilling young talent to use in the future while they develop them now. Cheap FA were signed in hopes they play well enough that a contender would want them for picks at the deadline. If you had any real expectations coming into this year you were probably sleeping under a rock.

I had expectations that my fellow Leafs fans would not tolerate winning one game in their first eight so passively.

I guess that was my mistake.

I remember a time when waffles... that's right... WAFFLES!!!!>... were being thrown on the ice when the Leafs were on a skid!

What happened to that competitive spirit, dammit?!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Dubas wasn't even hired when that trade was made.... and you want him to take heat for it? :laugh:

1417665484764.jpg

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I had expectations that my fellow Leafs fans would not tolerate winning one game in their first eight so passively.

I remember a time when waffles... that's right... WAFFLES!!!!>... were being thrown on the ice when the Leafs were on a skid!
Things would be different if we had Alex Semin.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Everything has been going great so far.

Games have been mostly entertaining, lottery pick looking better by the night and the Marlies + junior prospects playing great.

Below Mediocre goaltending is keeping the team from wins, but that's how it goes and it'll be for the best.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

What happened to that competitive spirit, dammit?!

We got tired of finishing 20-25th and/or monumental collapses?

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com

Games have been mostly entertaining, lottery pick looking better by the night and the Marlies + junior prospects playing great.

Below Mediocre goaltending is keeping the team from wins, but that's how it goes and it'll be for the best.

This. I love it. Like that Avril Lavigne song "Keep tanking on"

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Yeah can't really complain. Things are going pretty much how everyone saw it going

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Pretty well the way I see it. Its about what was expected.

Who was that guy saying our acquisition of Grabner was Lou stopping the rebuild & going for the playoffs?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I don't get why some people are upset because the team is brutal. They were designed to be brutal this season so as to serve a larger purpose in the grand design. We all know that. The universe is unfolding as it should. No angst required.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Uh Oh, Babcock hated on Reimer, people gonna be bashing Babs!!

Babcock not pleased with goaltending: "You can’t give up 4...on the chances we gave up tonight. It’s impossible. You just can’t do that."

They don't call him red light Reimer for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad