Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I forgot we even still had Clifford. A game here and there with Reavo and Clifford in the lineup should be entertaining.

Reactions: crump

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Veteran winger explains why he didn't enjoy his first scrimmage experience with the Leafs​

On day 2 of camp, the Leafs held a scrimmage, which was exciting for some of the more skilled players, but Reaves had stated that he wasn't a fan of the experience because of what his game entails. Reaves thrives on playing a physical game and laying huge hits - something he stated to the media that doesn't want to do against his teammates at practice.

1695488392250.png

Reaves promised that the hitting would commence when the Leafs' pre-season opens on Sunday. I'm sure the Ottawa Senators aren't too excited to hear that. The Leafs and Sens take to the ice for their first game of the pre-season on Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm ET in Ottawa.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Clifford?

Probably a good chance you'll see him playing at the Coca-Cola Coliseum.
He got into 2 games last season, I could see that happening again this year depending who we play and our injury situation. And that would be entertaining with Reavo. No one said he’s going to be a full timer or even challenge for a roster spot.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Montreal - Xhekaj, Pezzetta, Anderson
Ottawa - MacEwen, Kastelic, Tkachuk
Boston - Lucic, Frederic, Greer
Tampa Bay - Jeannot, Watson, Paul
Florida - Lomberg, Bennett, Tkachuk
Detroit - Chiarot, Kostin

This division has both Tkachuk's and including Reaves it has 4 of the top-5 fighters in the league. :popcorn:

Reactions: Duffman955

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
My expectation is that Reaves will have only a direct effect on 5 games this year, 4 positive, 1 negative. But he will if he skates well enough can have an indirect positive effect on 10 more games. Keefe needs to coach. Semenko skated with Gretzky some times. Put Reaves with AM or MM occasionally...message sent.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
My expectation is that Reaves will have only a direct effect on 5 games this year, 4 positive, 1 negative. But he will if he skates well enough can have an indirect positive effect on 10 more games. Keefe needs to coach. Semenko skated with Gretzky some times. Put Reaves with AM or MM occasionally...message sent.
He sure looks good in the uniform, though. Five years too late, but nevertheless.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He’s beyond garbage. Can’t skate can’t make a pass can’t handle the puck. Putrid signing. Waste of a roster spot. Waste of cap. Prove me wrong.

I also understand you need an intimidation factor but he showed nothing of that sort.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
The comments in here show who has played sports at a competitive level and who hasn't. The first thing Treliving did as Leafs GM was sign Reaves. GM's around the NHL keep giving him a job. Are they all stupid?? There is a reason for this that others simply don't and can't understand.

To each their own but I'm of the opinion we have plenty of elite scoring, 2 way players, fast skaters etc.. I'd rather give a spot to Reaves on the 4th line over another meh 2 way player with some hustle and skill that is barely physical.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The comments in here show who has played sports at a competitive level and who hasn't. The first thing Treliving did as Leafs GM was sign Reaves. GM's around the NHL keep giving him a job. Are they all stupid?? There is a reason for this that others simply don't and can't understand.

To each their own but I'm of the opinion we have plenty of elite scoring, 2 way players, fast skaters etc.. I'd rather give a spot to Reaves on the 4th line over another meh 2 way player with some hustle and skill that is barely physical.
I'm on the wait and see with Reaves. I can certainly understand the rationale behind signing him. I thought he had a decent game last night, finished a few checks, decent pass to Gregor for his goal. But, i do want to see him stand up and make the other team accountable for dirty plays against his teammates. I think that's coming first game of the season.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Get over it. Reaves is a member of this team. Take your puppy dogs and kittens hockey philosophy back to Reddit.
I like the idea of it, but he's way past his prime. I can't see him being able to fill his role effectively. He can't catch anyone to hit properly. His fighting is way down the last couple of years. If he's only out there 8 minutes a game, I can't see very many guys willing to drop the gloves with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad