Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Would you guys put Timashov above Bracco on the depth chart?

I had Tima ahead but Bracco is making it interesting again. Remember this is Bracco's 18yr old season and Tima's 19yr old season, and Bracco's 1.39ppg this year is better than Tima's 1.36 last year.

That being said, they're less than 6 months apart so I'm not sure that's a fair comp for Tima...and Tima's big step forward this year is something bracco still has to match . And I like Tima's grit/work rate better too.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I think every one of our picks has a shot in the NHL. Every pick has some intriguing NHL characteristics.

Now when could you ever say that about any other draft year? For the Leafs? Ever?

Lindgrens is intriguing. And he certainly didn't look happy at being drafted down where he was drafted.

Desrocher is interesting. The moves he made on that game winning goal were awfully impressive.

Korostolev has that shot and size.

Obviously all of them are going to have to toil in the minors thanks to the new Babcock, prove it first, agenda.

We should try to get another AHL team if we can.

Of all of them, Lindgren definitely has the biggest boom/bust potential. I read many scouting reports comparing him to Karlsson almost to a tee. He just needs some seasoning, but he won't get that right now playing garbage minutes on his team at the moment. I hope to see him in the AHL next season along with Dermott and Nielsen.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Of all of them, Lindgren definitely has the biggest boom/bust potential. I read many scouting reports comparing him to Karlsson almost to a tee. He just needs some seasoning, but he won't get that right now playing garbage minutes on his team at the moment. I hope to see him in the AHL next season along with Dermott and Nielsen.

I don't really know anything about Lindgren, is this really true? Anything else you can tell me about him? He seems to be the least talked about Leafs prospect from this draft, but it sounds like he's showing some good signs this year.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Yeah I can't remember any time the Leafs picked four guys in a draft who looked like almost sure fire NHLers so early.

2006 which was a stellar draft, I remember us being excited by Tlusty and Kulemin, but that's about it. Guys like Reimer, Stalberg, and Komarov were long term projects, and dropped from the radar for a few years.

And note that apart from Marner those guys are all 1996 born. They've got an extra development year under their belts. Wouldn't be surprised at all if next year we're talking about some of the 97's like Dzierkals, Lindgren, maybe even Bracco in the same way.

Funny, not one of them have played in the AHL and all are surefire NHLers? Clearly the second coming of Nostradamus.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I don't really know anything about Lindgren, is this really true? Anything else you can tell me about him? He seems to be the least talked about Leafs prospect from this draft, but it sounds like he's showing some good signs this year.

Here's one scouts take on him:

“Possible first round sleeper who has come out of nowhere with eye-popping skating, skills and swashbuckling offensive skills. An aggressive offensive player you will jump up in pinches and fake defenders to him and place the puck to an opponent or simply freeze the defender and blow on by. Incredibly cool and confident, with legs and moves that sometimes don’t work, but cause defenders to think about what they might encounter on the next touch. He has elusive puck control that isn’t going to ever stay back if he has an inkling he can make a play. His feet let him get back when the puck is turned over in transition. A bold gunslinger who needs to get stronger, bigger and continue to progress. Displays Karlsson-like attributes and seems on a quick developmental track to the first round if there is a team looking willing to take the chance to watch him progress.“

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Here's one scouts take on him:

“Possible first round sleeper who has come out of nowhere with eye-popping skating, skills and swashbuckling offensive skills. An aggressive offensive player you will jump up in pinches and fake defenders to him and place the puck to an opponent or simply freeze the defender and blow on by. Incredibly cool and confident, with legs and moves that sometimes don’t work, but cause defenders to think about what they might encounter on the next touch. He has elusive puck control that isn’t going to ever stay back if he has an inkling he can make a play. His feet let him get back when the puck is turned over in transition. A bold gunslinger who needs to get stronger, bigger and continue to progress. Displays Karlsson-like attributes and seems on a quick developmental track to the first round if there is a team looking willing to take the chance to watch him progress.“

Sweeet, thanks! It's also reassuring knowing that was probably a Bergmann pick, he definitely knows what he's doing.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Would you guys put Timashov above Bracco on the depth chart?

yes on the depth chart (how developed they are and how they are projecting)

no on ultimate potential.

bracco has an iq equal to marner and is the prospect with the best passing in the organization. marner has a more complete game, better compete and edgwork but bracco easily has the best vision imo. he's the definition of boom/bust. bust is a bad wellwood who doesn't make the nhl. boom is a first line winger with elite passing. bracco making the nhl all depends on bracco; if he has a nylander like work ethic then i'll bet the farm he's make the nhl.

timashov, is a more polished product. his size is nhl ready; weight is a bigger factor than height and he's a monster for his size at 190. in fact that's pavel bure like dimensions. he will at least be a 3rd line nhl player, but with his motor and agility on the small ice, I'd say probably a solid second liner. he could potentially be a first line player, but I doubt he's all star level.

based on potential (not current trend), timashov is 5th on my chart.

nylander
marner
bracco (boom/bust)
kapanen
timashov

for trending (most likely on the way to the nhl with less hiccups), I'd go

nylander
marner
kapanen
timashov
dermott

also, timashov is nhl ready right now, bracco will probably take 2 more years.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Timashov and his team seem to be struggling since the trades. They're winning some games but that's because they are more skilled than most teams. The effort isn't there.

Timashov has been really quiet since his first week end with them. After 7 points in his first two games, he has 5 in his last 6. When Shawinigan played Quebec, I thought he was a non-factor, which is something I wasn't used to from him this season. Shawinigan made a lot of changes during the trade period and the chemistry isn't there yet... they also rely too much on their talent and not enough on work.

Something that the Leafs told him to do and he seems to have forgotten about it since joining Shawinigan: taking shots at the end instead of always looking for the pass! His only goal in 8 games was in an empty net.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Timashov and his team seem to be struggling since the trades. They're winning some games but that's because they are more skilled than most teams. The effort isn't there.

Timashov has been really quiet since his first week end with them. After 7 points in his first two games, he has 5 in his last 6. When Shawinigan played Quebec, I thought he was a non-factor, which is something I wasn't used to from him this season. Shawinigan made a lot of changes during the trade period and the chemistry isn't there yet... they also rely too much on their talent and not enough on work.

Something that the Leafs told him to do and he seems to have forgotten about it since joining Shawinigan: taking shots at the end instead of always looking for the pass! His only goal in 8 games was in an empty net.

Did you watch the game today? Looks like he had a great showing with a goal and three assists :yo:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Another 4 pt night for Ti.ashov last night wow. He is a nightmare fore defenses in the qmjhl.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Another 3 point game for Timashov. He will end up second in scoring in the qmjhl likely. Just a couple more multi point games could put him ther, with a lots less games played than the rest.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Another 3 point game for Timashov. He will end up second in scoring in the qmjhl likely. Just a couple more multi point games could put him ther, with a lots less games played than the rest.

He's now second in the Q in pts/game - 1.85.

The best guy.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Marlies for a couple of seasons is my guess before he is ready to take shifts in the NHL.

He could be ready after a season or even less. He's already physically developed and his talent level is excellent.

Hard not to get excited about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad