Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The call ups to the Marlies would probably just be players that are likely turning pro next year

Neilson, Desrouches, Marner (hopefully) and Timashov.

Don't think any others have a remote change of playing.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Just begs the question... how much was his production being held back by being on the ramparts? He might have 15-20 more points now if he was playing with this team all year, but who really knows

Yep.

Although playing with the Remparts forced him to shoot more, which is a good thing. I watched his whole game today with Shawinigan and he always look to pass. Only had a shot on net in his first two games with Shawinigan and it was his empty net goal.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The call ups to the Marlies would probably just be players that are likely turning pro next year

Neilson, Desrouches, Marner (hopefully) and Timashov.

Don't think any others have a remote change of playing.
Dermott would be a call up and will be on the Marlies next year, he probably has the 2nd best shot. If Kitchener gets knocked out early I could see Bracco getting a taste as we don't need to send him back to the CHL (see Milano).

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Dermott would be a call up and will be on the Marlies next year, he probably has the 2nd best shot. If Kitchener gets knocked out early I could see Bracco getting a taste as we don't need to send him back to the CHL (see Milano).

Milano is an example as to why you should send the player back to the CHL despite being AHL eligible at 19. Bracco would benefit from being in the OHL another year given the immense winger depth on the Marlies next year.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Milano is an example as to why you should send the player back to the CHL despite being AHL eligible at 19. Bracco would benefit from being in the OHL another year given the immense winger depth on the Marlies next year.
Milano is doing decent in .5 ppg in the AHL, and had a good WJC Not saying what we should do with Bracco, because it really depends on how the rest of his season goes.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Milano is doing decent in .5 ppg in the AHL, and had a good WJC Not saying what we should do with Bracco, because it really depends on how the rest of his season goes.

He's benched often though, it's become a main concern for Columbus and the reason why London traded for his rights. They expect him to be demoted but don't expect a 19 year old kid to give up 70,000 a year to move in with a billet. Bracco is also A LOT smaller than Milano and both have equal skill sets. Milano's hands are incredible and he's bulked up Nylander style since his draft.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Timashov is the second star of the week in the QMJHL.

http://theqmjhl.ca/stars/comtois-timashov-and-cormier-named-the-three-stars-of-the-week/

Newly acquired forward for the Shawinigan Cataractes, Dmytro Timashov, is the second star. He scored one goal, added 6 assists and maintained a +4 rating in 2 games. He was named the first star in his first game with his new team on Friday when he assisted on 4 of his team’s 6 goals. He has the second best points-per-game average in the league with 1.94 points per game.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I just really wonder why he fell so hard in the draft. Not even like his production is bad, he was killing it in his draft year and was rookie of the year as well...
And before anyone says he's small... what about Bracco, Konency, etc.
Really confusing.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I just really wonder why he fell so hard in the draft. Not even like his production is bad, he was killing it in his draft year and was rookie of the year as well...
Really confusing.

I've heard there were some concerns about his skating, which may have had something to do with it.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Really confusing.

Skating plus being European.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I believe the QMJHL factor is also why he fell. There are a lot of NHL teams (I think half of them) without a scout in the QMJHL.

His former teammate with Quebec, Matthew Boucher, is on pace for a 43 goals and 80 points season and he might not even get drafted. People aren't talking about him but he has similar stats to potential 1st-2nd round picks. At 5'10 and 175 lbs he's not that small. Plus he grew 3 inches in three years. We can assume he's still growing.

Look at Duclair. He should have gone higher than 3rd round.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
I believe the QMJHL factor is also why he fell. There are a lot of NHL teams (I think half of them) without a scout in the QMJHL.

His former teammate with Quebec, Matthew Boucher, is on pace for a 43 goals and 80 points season and he might not even get drafted. People aren't talking about him but he has similar stats to potential 1st-2nd round picks. At 5'10 and 175 lbs he's not that small. Plus he grew 3 inches in three years. We can assume he's still growing.

Look at Duclair. He should have gone higher than 3rd round.

A smaller forward in the Q who scored at less than a point/game shouldnt have gone higher than a 3rd.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
A smaller forward in the Q who scored at less than a point/game shouldnt have gone higher than a 3rd.

Boxscore scouting is a deeply flawed method of judgment. You're showing exactly why scouts need to actually watch games.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Boxscore scouting is a deeply flawed method of judgment. You're showing exactly why scouts need to actually watch games.

This.

He played a long time with an injury during his draft season and lost confidence in front of the net but the talent was clearly still there. He was even snubbed by Team Canada during a 50 goals (99 points) / 59 games season. And 5'11 190 lbs isn't that small.

I'm sure Timashov got the QMJHL snub.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
This.

He played a long time with an injury during his draft season and lost confidence in front of the net but the talent was clearly still there. He was even snubbed by Team Canada during a 50 goals (99 points) / 59 games season. And 5'11 190 lbs isn't that small.

I'm sure Timashov got the QMJHL snub.

He was 5'11 and 177lbs at the time of the draft.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
From what I remember about Duclair is that he fell because of attitude issues. He was predicted to go around the same time that Erne was but teams felt they had concerns about him not being a team player. Kind of like how Nylander fell to 8, teams will hear something, spread it. Next thing you know, the Rangers or Red Wings are taking this guy in the 3rd round and he's lighting it up. Funny, isn't it?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
From what I remember about Duclair is that he fell because of attitude issues. He was predicted to go around the same time that Erne was but teams felt they had concerns about him not being a team player. Kind of like how Nylander fell to 8, teams will hear something, spread it. Next thing you know, the Rangers or Red Wings are taking this guy in the 3rd round and he's lighting it up. Funny, isn't it?

Everyone was surprised that Colorado kept passing on him even though Patrick Roy was his coach. They thought they knew something that no one else did.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

And of course the KHL factor and Yzerman will take them. Or St. Louis, or Washington ... (I know Timashov isn't Russian ...)

Take the talent and develop it. Can't put talent in the player he has it or not.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Everyone was surprised that Colorado kept passing on him even though Patrick Roy was his coach. They thought they knew something that no one else did.

Roy explained aftwerwards why it happened. He had just been named head coach and didn't want to anger his scouts with his own picks. He had already done that a bit with MacKinnon. He let his scouts work the Draft but he said at the time Duclair was a steal in the 3rd round.

There are player with more attitude issues from other leagues taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Anyway, it's not a Duclair thread. And I still believe the Q snub is real. It exists among hockey fans, why wouldn't it be the case among scouts? I think if he was playing in the OHL, Timashov would have been at least a 2nd-3rd rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad