Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
And of course the KHL factor and Yzerman will take them. Or St. Louis, or Washington ... (I know Timashov isn't Russian ...)

Take the talent and develop it. Can't put talent in the player he has it or not.

The Russian factor is biggest piece of bull in the NHL.

I hope Shanny and Hunter take all the available Russian's in the 6th and 7th and see how many turn out

That Bucharevich kid (spelling and laziness) that the Rangers got after Duclair in that draft is turning out to be the next big Russian prospect. We need to hop on those kids

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Roy explained aftwerwards why it happened. He had just been named head coach and didn't want to anger his scouts with his own picks. He had already done that a bit with MacKinnon. He let his scouts work the Draft but he said at the time Duclair was a steal in the 3rd round.

There are player with more attitude issues from other leagues taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Anyway, it's not a Duclair thread. And I still believe the Q snub is real. It exists among hockey fans, why wouldn't it be the case among scouts? I think if he was playing in the OHL, Timashov would have been at least a 2nd-3rd rounder.
High numbers in the Q will always be questioned and the logic behind it makes sense, smaller skill guys seem to have an easier time there. I still really hope that Timashov is legit, and can make the step up. It has def caused guys like Giroux and Briere to be undervalued though.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Assist on the OT winner vs Gatineau (2-1 final).

8 points in 3 games with Shawinigan so far.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
This guy, remember I said, was disgusted with the NHL that he was picked in the fifth round. Kid is a beast, has a ton of pride and was just disgusted. Go look at his attitude and face.

He wanted to go up on that stage and receive first round attention.

No question, this is a first round pick, STOLEN by Hunter in the fifth round.

And you know what is the genius of HUNTER and DUBAS?

They wanted him badly but they speculated as to when they could grab him before others would.

No one has mentioned that yet. DUBAS and HUNTER better be paid very, very well by MLSE.

Teams are going to want these two and cut a big cheque if we don't match.

Marner? Neilsen? Timashov? In one draft? R U kidding me? Oh and Travis Dermott?

Four total NHLers there. Book it.

And I bet at least one other has a taste as well.

Last edited:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Yeah I can't remember any time the Leafs picked four guys in a draft who looked like almost sure fire NHLers so early.

2006 which was a stellar draft, I remember us being excited by Tlusty and Kulemin, but that's about it. Guys like Reimer, Stalberg, and Komarov were long term projects, and dropped from the radar for a few years.

And note that apart from Marner those guys are all 1996 born. They've got an extra development year under their belts. Wouldn't be surprised at all if next year we're talking about some of the 97's like Dzierkals, Lindgren, maybe even Bracco in the same way.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
This guy, remember I said, was disgusted with the NHL that he was picked in the fifth round. Kid is a beast, has a ton of pride and was just disgusted. Go look at his attitude and face.

No question, this is a first round pick, STOLEN by Hunter in the first round.

They wanted him badly but they speculated as to when they could grab him before others would.

No one has mentioned that yet. DUBAS and HUNTER better be paid very, very well by MLSE.

:laugh: Couple too many sips of Gatorade have you fired up?

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto

And Bracco :)

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto

You didnt say **** man you just started posting here

My one post in his thread, the day he was drafted was one word "Steal." Go look for yourself ;)

champs*

You didnt say **** man you just started posting here

My one post in his thread, the day he was drafted was one word "Steal." Go look for yourself ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tima upset that he dropped!!

Leaf19

Dec 25, 2013
This guy, remember I said , was disgusted with the NHL that he was picked in the fifth round. Kid is a beast, has a ton of pride and was just disgusted. Go look at his attitude and face.

Everyone take a shot! The drinking game has begun.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

No question, this is a first round pick, STOLEN by Hunter in the fifth round.

Leafs won't lose them because of money.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
So where is he projected?

Franchise

Elite

1st Line Fwd

2nd Line Fwd

3rd Line Fwd

4th Line?

What would his revised HF Futures grade be? 8.0D? 7.5C?

I would project him as a 2nd line winger. He could also become a top line player, or he could be a total bust (that's still definitely a possibility). I forget exactly what each ranking represents on hockeysfuture, but maybe he'd be a 7.5D?

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
i think as a worse case scenario he would be a 2nd/3rd line tweener but i think give his obvious skill set and stocky frame he is probably going to make a quality 2nd line player for us.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Just gonna slide in here, and mention that I drafted him in the third round of 7Evens mock. *Brushes Shoulder* To be fair I'm sure none of us thought he would be doing this well. Looks like management knows what they're doing.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I think every one of our picks has a shot in the NHL. Every pick has some intriguing NHL characteristics.

Now when could you ever say that about any other draft year? For the Leafs? Ever?

Lindgrens is intriguing. And he certainly didn't look happy at being drafted down where he was drafted.

Desrocher is interesting. The moves he made on that game winning goal were awfully impressive.

Korostolev has that shot and size.

Obviously all of them are going to have to toil in the minors thanks to the new Babcock, prove it first, agenda.

We should try to get another AHL team if we can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad