Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I watched his game yesterday. Looked dangerous obviously. Still makes a lot of turnovers, but what I notice is that he has the puck a lot. Also, the other team was embellishing all the time and the refs were buying it.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I watched his game yesterday. Looked dangerous obviously. Still makes a lot of turnovers, but what I notice is that he has the puck a lot. Also, the other team was embellishing all the time and the refs were buying it.

Meh, turnovers are directly correlated to how much possession of the puck a player has. I'm not too concerned about it and would rather focus on a turnover/takeaway ratio if available (although I have no idea how Dymtro is at takeaways). There is a reason the leaders in turnovers are elite players in the NHL.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Meh, turnovers are directly correlated to how much possession of the puck a player has. I'm not too concerned about it and would rather focus on a turnover/takeaway ratio if available (although I have no idea how Dymtro is at takeaways). There is a reason the leaders in turnovers are elite players in the NHL.

Exactly.

Not to mention, he is still pretty new to his team, still gotta be adjusting a bit and gaining chemistry. Takes a while to know your linemates, and where they will be, even learning a new system etc.....

He looks mighty sharp. This is way I love Hunter..... Drafting skill is so much smarter, regardless of size. Eventually, we will have a ton of skill, and we will be able to start moving some pieces for specific pieces we need. (Not saying trade Timo, but someone will have to go eventually)

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Turnovers don't really worry me. Not only are they inevitable, but they're symptomatic of trying to make plays, something I like in my playmakers.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
He could be ready after a season or even less. He's already physically developed and his talent level is excellent.

Hard not to get excited about him.

Yes he could. I factor in that he is an all offensive junior player who will turn pro. That is a lot of adjustment. And then we will see a lot of players graduate and we cant really have to many rookies and youngsters on the team at the same time. So unless he really surpass Brown, Johnson etc he will just have to play in the AHL for a couple of seasons. It wont harm him.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Yep, players who control the puck for longer are more likely to have higher numbers of turnovers. Abstractly speaking the number on their own shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I just noticed timashov has not scored a goal in 12 games. Thats getting a bit to long without a goal. He is not very hot right now. Hopefully he gets it going a bit better tomorrow's game.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I just noticed timashov has not scored a goal in 12 games. Thats getting a bit to long without a goal. He is not very hot right now. Hopefully he gets it going a bit better tomorrow's game.

He has accumulated 22 points in his last 14 games with Shawinigan which is pretty good, I am not concerned as long as he is contributing, the goals will come eventually

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Way to put undue pressure on the prospect to perform early in his pro career.

As for him "being the best late pick ever", let's give him a chance to strut his stuff in the pros first. He's getting built up so much that becoming a 3rd liner would be a disappointment now for many instead of that being a great draft result for a 5th rounder.

mikebel111*

Timashov is not a goalscorer so I am not worried about lack of goals with him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
it's like people forget we picked a CHL leading scorer and AHL rookie leading scorer in the 6th round in Brown, and one of the best young players in the SHL in the 7th round very very recently.

They all look great but until they actually have a solid NHL career there not going to be a steal, or the best late anything

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Way to put undue pressure on the prospect to perform early in his pro career.

As for him "being the best late pick ever", let's give him a chance to strut his stuff in the pros first. He's getting built up so much that becoming a 3rd liner would be a disappointment now for many instead of that being a great draft result for a 5th rounder.

What pressure? Does Dmytro frequent the forums?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This talk has to stop.

He's not even the best late pick among our current prospects.

To get into comparisons to a Kaberle...laughable.

But somebody wrote a passionate blog about him...

Andreas Johnson and Connor Brown could give him a run for this honour.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Cataractes with the rollercoaster season. They lost 2-1 to Quebec tonight. It was only Quebec's third win since January 6. No point for Timashov and he was a -1.

According to this article, Timashov only recorded 5 scoring chances since the trade. His only goal was an empty net. It says Leafs management visited last week and they asked him to play more North-South. In the article it also says he's staying too much on the perimeter.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/turcotte/2016/02/08/les-montagnes-russes-se-poursuivent-a-shawinigan/

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad