Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Cataractes with the rollercoaster season. They lost 2-1 to Quebec tonight. It was only Quebec's third win since January 6. No point for Timashov and he was a -3.

According to this article, Timashov only recorded 5 scoring chances since the trade. His only goal was an empty net. It says Leafs management visited last week and they asked him to play more North-South. In the article it also says he's staying too much on the perimeter.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/turcotte/2016/02/08/les-montagnes-russes-se-poursuivent-a-shawinigan/

Not sure how he was -3 when Quebec scored 2 goals?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Cataractes with the rollercoaster season. They lost 2-1 to Quebec tonight. It was only Quebec's third win since January 6. No point for Timashov and he was a -3.

According to this article, Timashov only recorded 5 scoring chances since the trade. His only goal was an empty net. It says Leafs management visited last week and they asked him to play more North-South. In the article it also says he's staying too much on the perimeter.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/turcotte/2016/02/08/les-montagnes-russes-se-poursuivent-a-shawinigan/

That would have been quite a feat, going -3 in a 2-1 loss. Even better than Lebda's -3 in a 9-3 win.

He was actually a -1

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Guy has 22 points in 15 games. What is the problem exactly?

There's going to be an adjustment period - getting over a disappointing WJC loss - getting traded during his hiatus for the WJC from beautiful Quebec City to Shawinigan - new billets, new coach, new team mates, and the Leafs wanting him to change his style.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Guy has 22 points in 15 games. What is the problem exactly?

There's going to be an adjustment period - getting over a disappointing WJC loss - getting traded during his hiatus for the WJC from beautiful Quebec City to Shawinigan - new billets, new coach, new team mates, and the Leafs wanting him to change his style.

The things they want him to do, he was doing them with Quebec. He seems to rely too much on the pass with Shawinigan. I guess it means he becomes too much predictable. Shawinigan has a talented team but they tend to rely too much on their talent. It could also be motivation. They basically have already won the division title. Unlike other teams around them, they don't need to win a position in the standings.

If you consider he had 7 points in his first 2 games with Shawinigan, it means he only has 15 in his last 13. Also, 22 points in 15 games is 1.46 ppg. He had way less talent around him in Quebec and still managed to get 53 points in 29 games (1.83 ppg).

FYI he doesn't have billets. He lives on his own in an apartment like he did in Quebec. He has been living on his own since he was 16.

Last edited:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
The things they want him to do, he was doing them with Quebec. He seems to rely too much on the pass with Shawinigan. I guess it means he becomes too much predictable. Shawinigan has a talented team but they tend to rely too much on their talent. It could also be motivation. They basically have already won the division title. Unlike other teams around them, they don't need to win a position in the standings.

If you consider he had 7 points in his first 2 games with Shawinigan, it means he only has 15 in his last 13. Also, 22 points in 15 games is 1.46 ppg. He had way less talent around him in Quebec and still managed to get 53 points in 29 games (1.83 ppg).

FYI he doesn't have billets. He lives on his own in an apartment like he did in Quebec. He has been living on his own since he was 16.

Fair enough but you get my point. He was only one of a couple new players brought into town. The new guys are not playing all that well together. It's on the coach there to improve the system and get his message to his team. His record in the Q is below .500. I wonder if that's why the Leafs had to helicopter into to talk with Timashov.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Fair enough but you get my point. He was only one of a couple new players brought into town. The new guys are not playing all that well together. It's on the coach there to improve the system and get his message to his team. His record in the Q is below .500. I wonder if that's why the Leafs had to helicopter into to talk with Timashov.

Cataractes were into a rebuild though when he took the team. It was right after their Memorial Cup win. His Q record doesn't say much.

This team still has to find chemistry that's for sure.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Easier changing the coach than 23 players! ;)

Maybe the Habs should adopt the same philosophy?

So Timashov goes from a good situation in Quebec albeit a non-contending team to cluster fudge in the Shaw - Yikes... No wonder the Leafs dropped in to see what the heck was going on.

I agree with your Marlies assertion.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Maybe the Habs should adopt the same philosophy?

So Timashov goes from a good situation in Quebec albeit a non-contending team to cluster fudge in the Shaw - Yikes... No wonder the Leafs dropped in to see what the heck was going on.

I agree with your Marlies assertion.

Don't start me with the Habs. I ****ing hate Therrien. The way he puts all the blame on Subban's shoulders is disgusting. Right now I just wish they keep losing to get the best pick possible.

Quebec wasn't becoming a good situation for Timashov. They basically traded away all the talent. They only have won three games since the beginning of January. All the friends he had in Quebec are gone. Shawinigan reminds me of Quebec last season. When you acquire so much players mid season, it takes time to find chemistry. Shawinigan added 8 players.

He also has to take the lead. There is no reason he can't do it in Shawinigan. He did it without much talent around him in Quebec. He's becoming a pro in a few months. If a junior trade affects you that much, it's not looking good on you.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/...ediement-entraineur-chef-martin-bernard.shtml

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't think Timashov has even been getting the playong time there in the Shaw. First powerplay??? I think there was something up there. Hunter was already down there not long ago over his production drop and a streak over 10 games without a goal.

The place has been a difficult development path so far. I don't wish losing on them but i am hoping we get hom out of there as soon as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad