Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pholus

May 23, 2014
+1
Literally said "huhh?" Out loud

I'm pretty sure the intention of the post was to say that Timashov's development in Shawinigan has not been as good as it was when he was THE (only) guy on a rebuilding Quebec team. I happen to agree, and given the benefit of hindsight, I think that leaving Timashov in Quebec for the rest of their season and then having him join the Marlies for a Calder Cup run probably would have been a better development route.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
While that may be true, it's not like it was the Leafs choice where he plays in the Q

Pholus

May 23, 2014
It's not the Leafs choice, but I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that Timashov had to waive a NTC (of some sort) to go to Shawinigan. I would be incredibly shocked if he did not, at the very least, tell Leafs management that he was thinking about accepting the trade and give them a chance to express their opinion.

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
It's not the Leafs choice, but I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that Timashov had to waive a NTC (of some sort) to go to Shawinigan. I would be incredibly shocked if he did not, at the very least, tell Leafs management that he was thinking about accepting the trade and give them a chance to express their opinion.

This, and here is my reasoning. I recall a lot of people getting excited about this claiming his point production would climb even higher being on a team with more skilled players. I happened to disagree, seeing as how his ice time would most likely drop. And, that is what happened. The Leafs may have been able to provide him with that same insight and proposed he should stay.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This, and here is my reasoning. I recall a lot of people getting excited about this claiming his point production would climb even higher being on a team with more skilled players. I happened to disagree, seeing as how his ice time would most likely drop. And, that is what happened. The Leafs may have been able to provide him with that same insight and proposed he should stay.

I was trying to find his minutes played but couldn't find it. I checked his linemates on goals and found he was not playing with the best scoring players.
He is going to be fine when he gets with Keefe but it is sketchy the way his dominance has dropped considerably.

Thanks for the info on him losing icetime. It puts the picture into focus much better.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I'm pretty sure the intention of the post was to say that Timashov's development in Shawinigan has not been as good as it was when he was THE (only) guy on a rebuilding Quebec team. I happen to agree, and given the benefit of hindsight, I think that leaving Timashov in Quebec for the rest of their season and then having him join the Marlies for a Calder Cup run probably would have been a better development route.

Yeah exactly. Thanks. The post was supposed to be part of a quote though lol. That was my point as you indicated you thought it was.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I was trying to find his minutes played but couldn't find it. I checked his linemates on goals and found he was not playing with the best scoring players.
He is going to be fine when he gets with Keefe but it is sketchy the wad his dominance has dropped considerably.

Thanks for the info on him losing icetime. It puts the picture into focus much better.

I don't think he lost that much icetime though. He was used with Beauvillier on the first line and on the first PP for most of the games since the trade. Like I said earlier in the season, his production also fell last year in the last part of the season and in the playoffs. Maybe he isn't used to the long seasons yet? I don't know. But what I know is that his icetime with Shawinigan isn't the problem.

You're blaming everything but Timashov himself. Why is it impossible that it could be on him a little bit?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't think he lost that much icetime though. He was used with Beauvillier on the first line and on the first PP for most of the games since the trade. Like I said earlier in the season, his production also fell last year in the last part of the season and in the playoffs. Maybe he isn't used to the long seasons yet? I don't know. But what I know is that his icetime with Shawinigan isn't the problem.

You're blaming everything but Timashov himself. Why is it impossible that it could be on him a little bit?

If a prospect is losing icetime along with leaving a comfort level even though it was a inferior team then it matters. I don't know why you wouldthink i want to blame him for anything. I am just following his progress.

Its all on him but circumstances matter. I just want the whole story on the prospect. Thanks for your input also.

So is he losing ice time? I can't find the stats on ice time for qmjgl anywhere.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The more that I think about it, at the end of the day, if things don't work out for him in Shawinigan, it won't be the end of the world. We know what kind of player he is, and we know what he's capable of. He'll be up with the Marlies next year and I think his skill and creativity will allow him to flourish in the coming years.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
If a prospect is losing icetime along with leaving a comfort level even though it was a inferior team then it matters. I don't know why you wouldthink i want to blame him for anything. I am just following his progress.

Its all on him but circumstances matter. I just want the whole story on the prospect. Thanks for your input also.

So is he losing ice time? I can't find the stats on ice time for qmjgl anywhere.

This site will help you out.

http://www.qmjhl.prospect-stats.com/

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Soooo Shawinigan had 6 goals today, and once again Timashov was held off the scoresheet. Is he playing on the third line or something??? This seems ridiculous for a player of his calibre. Just curious to know if anyone had any answers.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Soooo Shawinigan had 6 goals today, and once again Timashov was held off the scoresheet. Is he playing on the third line or something??? This seems ridiculous for a player of his calibre. Just curious to know if anyone had any answers.

No idea what the situation is but the moment he went to Shawinigan his PPG tanked. Bizarre.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
No idea what the situation is but the moment he went to Shawinigan his PPG tanked. Bizarre.

For the record, I predicted this.

No obviously the team wants whats best for them, all im saying is that we nor timashov don't owe them anything. There isnt a need to help facilitate the teams motives.

He's doing really well there, why not leave it as is, ie theres no need to change things just to suit the needs of the team at the CHL level.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON

I remember the first weekend he was there he played 2 games and put up like 7 points... people were expecting him to produce at over a 2 PPG clip the rest of the year. Since then, he has something like 1 goal and 18 points in 20 games???

I can't see how that is even possible for a guy like him, he must be getting verrrrryyy limited ice time and opportunity.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Sees stars, maybe. Kessel without the shot is still a great playmaker. He's always had a very good pass.
Some fans are still hurting because Kessel couldn't save this pitifully ran franchise. Don't pay them any attention.

If Tima becomes a "shotless kessel" I'll be esatic. A 50-60 point player from the 5th round would be amazing regardless of what a few dummies say.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Serge is right. The first thing to check out should be the play of the prospect himself. Of course there are special circumstances in some cases, maybe including this one for all I know. But the first responsibilty for quality of play can normally be seen in a player's mirror.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hope they lose 1st round for Timashov gets out of there and onto the Marlies to experience their run. He's already been to the Memorial Cup.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I hope they lose 1st round for Timashov gets out of there and onto the Marlies to experience their run. He's already been to the Memorial Cup.

Yup. Seems like the less time he spends in Shawinigan, the better. It can't be too good for his confidence.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yup. Seems like the less time he spends in Shawinigan, the better. It can't be too good for his confidence.
Maybe, I'd prefer to see him battle through it and have a strong playoffs then start with the marlies next year. Marlies are gonna be stacked come playoff time.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I remember the first weekend he was there he played 2 games and put up like 7 points... people were expecting him to produce at over a 2 PPG clip the rest of the year. Since then, he has something like 1 goal and 18 points in 20 games???

I can't see how that is even possible for a guy like him, he must be getting verrrrryyy limited ice time and opportunity.

He had a goal and assist today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad