Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
So incase anyone comes here and not the Dzierkals thread not knowing how the game went...

Dzierkals had 1 goal and 1 assist, named second star of the game

Timashov had 1 goal and 2 assists, named first star of the game

Great game

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
you know what I like the most about the recent picks like him and MD and such... is that they arent just 1 dimensional chip and chase players, they are dynamic. I'm so glad that management has purged almost all the busty biggs like prospects out

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's been impressive... seems like we have Timashov, Bracco and Marner all figuring to be small skilled building blocks for the future.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I said this in another thread but the Leafs are going to be absolutely loaded with young talent after next year's draft. The pain is now, the gain will come soon after.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
unlike bracco, the wellwood comp actually works for Timo in terms of skillset and assets.

except that where wellwood was fat and lazy, Timo is fit and gritty.

still can't believe we got Timo that low.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, to this day I don't really understand what made him drop so low. He did have a 90 point draft year and impressive Mem Cup run.

Well he's short. And short players never work out :sarcasm:

Seriously though, short players have much less of their production translate as they move up leagues. Doesn't mean Timashov isn't exciting to watch though. He could break 100 points this year if he's not hit with injuries. He'll be eligible to play in the AHL next year, and I'm excited to see how he can do against men. If he makes that jump, then we've got something really special on our hands.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just look at his size not height. He is a big guy considering he is 5'10. I mean if he is 6'2 with his current weight, thats a NHL ready body.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
It's so nice for the team to actually pick a player that I paid attention to and wanted them to take in the later rounds. His size is what allowed him to slide to where we picked him & I'm glad that it did. Timashov has top-6 NHL potential, without a doubt.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
They played CB last year in round 1 and I got to see him play 3 games in 4 days.

With players like Duclair and Svechnikov on the ice Timashov was easily the most dynamic. Constantly has his feet moving making things happen. Not huge height wise but built like a tank and very hard to move off the puck at this level.

Excited to see how he transfers over to the pro level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad