Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Are there any comparable to Timashov in the NHL? David Desharnais? Good vision, good hands, sturdy along the boards, not the best release?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
For all of my chatter about taking Sprong... I think I was wrong and the group of picks they took was solid and worth trading back for.

Good play management

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
For all of my chatter about taking Sprong... I think I was wrong and the group of picks they took was solid and worth trading back for.

Good play management

Hunter killed that draft. Absolutely destroyed it. This skill drafting in conjunction with babcocks coaching philosophy in the future is going to be dynamic i believe.

Puck possession and flow with high skill and offensive flare. Oohh yeah, can't wait.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Hunter killed that draft. Absolutely destroyed it. This skill drafting in conjunction with babcocks coaching philosophy in the future is going to be dynamic i believe.

Puck possession and flow with high skill and offensive flare. Oohh yeah, can't wait.

Agreed. Think it was mentioned in the draft thread, but the way the 2016 draft is shaping up, seems to be a large number of forward with skill and size available. I don't see this management group as doing anything other than taking best player available, but this upcoming draft might be a good compliment to the last year's draft as we likely add a bit more size and strength at certain spots. Lets hope we get some additional picks through trades.

Swayze*

Wait what? How can that possibly be determined at this point in time?

Maybe in 5 years you can make that statement.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009

So very, very true.

That being said. Look at the season following the 2009 draft. Kenny Ryan and Jamie Devane put up well, well below a point per game in the OHL; Eric Knodel drafted as an overager continues to play in the USHL and Barron Smith finds himself a healthy scratch in the OHL.

Going off history and simple logic, a lot of Leafs fans knew only 6 months following their names being read from the podium that they would almost certainly never be NHL players. Very few players struggle as much as those players did offensively in the year AFTER their draft.

At least with this draft, just based on production alone...there is a lot to be optimistic about.

Unbiased

Oct 31, 2015
So very, very true.

That being said. Look at the season following the 2009 draft. Kenny Ryan and Jamie Devane put up well, well below a point per game in the OHL; Eric Knodel drafted as an overager continues to play in the USHL and Barron Smith finds himself a healthy scratch in the OHL.

Going off history and simple logic, a lot of Leafs fans knew only 6 months following their names being read from the podium that they would almost certainly never be NHL players. Very few players struggle as much as those players did offensively in the year AFTER their draft.

At least with this draft, just based on production alone...there is a lot to be optimistic about.

This. You can't judge their finished product, but they are trending up and you can judge their prospect worth.

Wild Hog

Sep 23, 2015
Canada
Zuccarello is the most obvious one.

I don't understand the Zuccarello comparisons. Timashov is 3 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. Their play styles are somewhat similar, but I feel there are better comparisons available.

I see Timashov as more of a Kucherov-type.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I am so over the Sprong fellatiating. He's got two ****ing goals. He's entrusted to play 9 minutes a game.

Both Timashov and Dzierkals are looking interesting here: Dzierkals is 6th in QMJHL scoring, and Timashov is 10th for 18 year-olds.

Still long shots, but performing above where they were drafted.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
One thing to take note of with Timashov is the differences between the Quebec Remparts last year, and the Remparts this year.

Last year, Timashov was a big time point producer, but he was doing it on a team that was built for a Memorial Cup run. He was on a team with guys like Duclair, Adam Erne, Vladimir Tkachev, Marc-Olivier Roy, Ryan Graves. Even if they're not all going to be NHL stars, they were great junior players. Basically, he was surrounded with talent.

This year, all the above players(as well as other notable junior veterans) are gone, and the team should be suffering from a post-cup run hangover, but currently Quebec is 2nd in their division and 5th overall, and Timashov is the biggest part of why the Remparts have managed to stay competitive this year.

Last year he proved that he can be a key player on a team loaded with talent. This year, he's proving that he can carry a team with his talent. I think everyone is justified in being excited about this guy.

animalanimal

Jul 5, 2015
I am so over the Sprong fellatiating. He's got two ****ing goals. He's entrusted to play 9 minutes a game.

Both Timashov and Dzierkals are looking interesting here: Dzierkals is 6th in QMJHL scoring, and Timashov is 10th for 18 year-olds.

think you've got that mixed up, timashov is the one who's sixth.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Timashov also looked excellent in pre-season and the prospect camp.

Those types of players that are ultra talented, very shifty, very hard to get the puck off of and quick will always find a place for themselves somewhere. His motor literally never stops, reminds me a lot of Gaudreau lite.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
So very, very true.

to be fair, i think knodel had potential to be 7d. he looked fine imo.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007

Awfully early to make a judgement on anything. It will take several years before anyone has an idea what was yielded from that draft.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So very, very true.

yup.

people still have trouble accepting how important production is.

It's not everything, but it means a whole lot.

we knew that the likes of Biggs and Ross and Ryan were busts very, very quickly....despite the fact that so many said points didn’t matter.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
yup.

people still have trouble accepting how important production is.

It's not everything, but it means a whole lot.

we knew that the likes of Biggs and Ross and Ryan were busts very, very quickly....despite the fact that so many said points didn’t matter.

I'm still taking credit for the "Busty Biggs" nickname, man the haters hated that one. "his game is more suited for production in the nhl if that makes any sense" easily the most bush league comment ive ever read on leafs board. You almost never see players go from low production in the minors to high production in the nhl, besides a rare few like lucic.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Took me awhile to figure out what the heck that word meant ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Here is a kind of breakdown on why i said that. http://thehockeywriters.com/winners-and-losers-from-draft-weekend/

You can break down all rounds and rank it for yourself but starting with the return for santorelli and franson just snowballed to some awesome picks. Unless you loved Konechny. I liked him as a pick but bracco could be every bit as dynamic.

But anyways decide for yourself round for round. Timoshov looks like a steal too. So does Neilson and Dermott. They smoked that draft i believe. There is not a bad pick.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
https://streamable.com/sexj

Fifth round pick...

Hunter ****ing delivered on this year's draft. Hunter is the real deal when it comes to scouting, i am so happy we got him!

The early returns are outstanding. Could be up to 6 NHL players graduating from the 2015 draftee class (Marner, Dermott, Nielsen, Bracco, Timashov, Dzierkals) which is just insane. The other 3 (Lindgren, Desrochers and Korostelev) are long shots but you never know they might have a chance too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad