Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The early returns are outstanding. Could be up to 6 NHL players graduating from the 2015 draftee class (Marner, Dermott, Nielsen, Bracco, Timashov, Dzierkals) which is just insane. The other 3 (Lindgren, Desrochers and Korostelev) are long shots but you never know they might have a chance too.

Desrocher just got traded to kingston 3 games ago and i didn't even know. Calling. Desrocher a long shot is questionable. He has more points than Dermott at this point. Hunter demolished this draft.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
The early returns are outstanding. Could be up to 6 NHL players graduating from the 2015 draftee class (Marner, Dermott, Nielsen, Bracco, Timashov, Dzierkals) which is just insane. The other 3 (Lindgren, Desrochers and Korostelev) are long shots but you never know they might have a chance too.

Let me first say I love the direction Hunter went with his picks, loading up on skill and smarts, but....

When you draft a bunch of undersized junior scorers they are going to put up big point totals in their post draft years. Early returns are positive (much more so than under previous management) but adjusting to the pro game will be the real test for these guys.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Desrocher just got traded to kingston 3 games ago and i didn't even know. Calling. Desrocher a long shot is questionable. He has more points than Dermott at this point. Hunter demolished this draft.

Remember that Desrocher was passed over in his draft year so this is really draft year +2 for him. Good numbers but not close to Dermott or Nielsen in terms of upside.

He might be a decent bottom pair guy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Let me first say I love the direction Hunter went with his picks, loading up on skill and smarts, but....

When you draft a bunch of undersized junior scorers they are going to put up big point totals in their post draft years. Early returns are positive (much more so than under previous management) but adjusting to the pro game will be the real test for these guys.

The team management just doesn't care about the strength if the skill is there. They take thw skill and project them out until they are strengthened up. It a good philosophy i think. Its not guaranteed nothing but still its better than thinking you can teack skill that they likely don't have for a readon already.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
The team management just doesn't care about the strength if the skill is there. They take thw skill and project them out until they are strengthened up. It a good philosophy i think. Its not guaranteed nothing but still its better than thinking you can teack skill that they likely don't have for a readon already.

Oh I agree completely with the philosophy, merely stating some people are looking at the stats and projecting 4/5 almost guaranteed impact players out of the past draft. Pull back on those expectations a bit, things look good so far, but this in only the first baby step towards becoming an impact NHLer.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Oh I agree completely with the philosophy, merely stating some people are looking at the stats and projecting 4/5 almost guaranteed impact players out of the past draft. Pull back on those expectations a bit, things look good so far, but this in only the first baby step towards becoming an impact NHLer.

I agree with what you're saying. The real test for our organizations prospects will be how they transition to the AHL and NHL. In contrast, many organizations draft guys that they know will translate their game well, but also hope that these players will develop some offence in junior.

Two different strategies, one takes longer to judge than the other.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I agree with what you're saying. The real test for our organizations prospects will be how they transition to the AHL and NHL. In contrast, many organizations draft guys that they know will translate their game well, but also hope that these players will develop some offence in junior.

Two different strategies, one takes longer to judge than the other.

Players who are bottom six guys in junior almost never have any kind of impact in the pros. You can't teach skill.

It's not a strategy it's stupidity because if a team isn't drafting skill they are doomed in the modern NHL.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Players who are bottom six guys in junior almost never have any kind of impact in the pros. You can't teach skill.

It's not a strategy it's stupidity because if a team isn't drafting skill they are doomed in the modern NHL.

I believe you've missed my point, friend.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It would be really something if Marner, Timashov, Dermott and Neilsen maintain or exceed their rankings statistically that they presently hold.

Dermott is # 1 ranked scoring defenseman and Neilsen is 2nd in their respective league's. Marner and Timashov rank 5th and 6th in their leagues but within striking range of the top guys.

I have never been so impressed by a single leafs draft ever. Its kind of making me think that there is going to be some really good times ahead. Thats only one draft for Hunter, wow.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Just a ridiculous draft by Hunter. I think all of our draftees including Korostolev will have a cup of coffee in the NHL. That would have to be some kind of a record. I think Timashov is very, very special, way ahead of Bracco for instance. In fact I think the only person who doesn't make the NHL out of all our draftees is Bracco. And possibly Korostolev.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It would be really something if Marner, Timashov, Dermott and Neilsen maintain or exceed their rankings statistically that they presently hold.

Dermott is # 1 ranked scoring defenseman and Neilsen is 2nd in their respective league's. Marner and Timashov rank 5th and 6th in their leagues but within striking range of the top guys.

I have never been so impressed by a single leafs draft ever. Its kind of making me think that there is going to be some really good times ahead. Thats only one draft for Hunter, wow.

Don't forget Bracco and Dzierkals either. They have a good chance to be solid pros.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Don't forget Bracco and Dzierkals either. They have a good chance to be solid pros.

I was just checking out Bracco's stats and game by game stats. He has been really good for the Rangers. He seems to have fit right in. I'm glad he decided to go the Ohl route.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Just a ridiculous draft by Hunter. I think all of our draftees including Korostolev will have a cup of coffee in the NHL. That would have to be some kind of a record. I think Timashov is very, very special, way ahead of Bracco for instance. In fact I think the only person who doesn't make the NHL out of all our draftees is Bracco. And possibly Korostolev.

I couldn't believe Timashov slipped to the 5th round after watching him in the pre-season games. He has remarkable on-ice vision and is a very shifty player. Quite honestly he's not far below Marner in terms of offensive upside.

Scoring 90 points as a rookie in the CHL is not an easy thing to do.

Absolute draft steal.

Arathor

Apr 28, 2010
By a pointy tower
I couldn't believe Timashov slipped to the 5th round after watching him in the pre-season games. He has remarkable on-ice vision and is a very shifty player. Quite honestly he's not far below Marner in terms of offensive upside.

Absolute draft steal.

Maybe being 5'9 has something to do with it.

champs*

Absolute draft steal.

if he was in the OHL ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad