Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Thats probably not a bad comparison actually. Timashov even has some size on him.

In my limited viewings I'm seeing St.Louis. If he had a longer stick...
Am I way off?
(just for the record I'm not saying he will become the next St. Louis that's just who comes to mind when I see him play)

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
In my limited viewings I'm seeing St.Louis. If he had a longer stick...
Am I way off?
(just for the record I'm not saying he will become the next St. Louis that's just who comes to mind when I see him play)

Lacks that high end speed. Stylisticaly he is more like Wellwood.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Lacks that high end speed. Stylisticaly he is more like Wellwood.

Thanks! Wellwood as a tank is still something nice. I had high hopes for Wellwood.
Do you think his skating can be addressed or do you think he's at his physical limitation?

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
In the games I saw, Timashov reminded me a little of Borschevsky, but physically stronger.

Hopefully he turns out to be a steal.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
In the games I saw, Timashov reminded me a little of Borschevsky, but physically stronger.

Hopefully he turns out to be a steal.
What I'm liking is that all the post about him are comparing him to high skill guys but a bit stronger!
Very encouraging.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Thanks! Wellwood as a tank is still something nice. I had high hopes for Wellwood.
Do you think his skating can be addressed or do you think he's at his physical limitation?

Definitely believe it can be adressed, plenty of time to work on it.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Will Timashov be the first to graduate from 2015 class for Leafs?

He has the size, he'll be 20 next year (late birth year) and he looked really good in preseason.

5'10", 192 lbs., he doesn't need to grow at all.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

He has the size, he'll be 20 next year (late birth year) and he looked really good in preseason.

Very well could be the case.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006

Marner will most likely also graduate to the Leafs next season.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004

I would guess AHL bound.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland

I believe I read somewhere that Timashov thoroughly impressed Babcock at camp this year. He's also absolutely destroying the Q thus far. Like you said, he's a tiny bit short but he's an extremely solid 192. He may start with the Marlies but I don't believe he'll end the year there!

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Marner will be given more opportunity than Timashov, he's the higher pick and he isn't eligible for the AHL. That being said, y'never know.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Marner will be given more opportunity than Timashov, he's the higher pick and he isn't eligible for the AHL. That being said, y'never know.

Marner's biological clock may be the determining factor. He's still a boy and not everyone turns the corner at the same time.

Just going to high school grads (wife works school board) over the years you see men and boys graduating on the same stage and you think there must be 5 years difference between them, and you know that isn't true.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Marner's biological clock may be the determining factor. He's still a boy and not everyone turns the corner at the same time.

Just going to high school grads (wife works school board) over the years you see men and boys graduating on the same stage and you think there must be 5 years difference between them, and you know that isn't true.

Though I understand your point, t's just very hard to imagine Mitch Marner in the OHL for a second post draft season. He already tears apart the league, it won't help him to play there any longer. The history of top 5 prospects who don't make their team in the first 2 seasons post draft also really speaks for itself.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He already tears apart the league, it won't help him to play there any longer. The history of top 5 prospects who don't make their team in the first 2 seasons post draft also really speaks for itself.

Many people around here feel that stomping inferior competition for years on end is the right way to develop a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad