Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
They really showed Marchand.

This team has a well earned reputation for being pacifist wimps. That all starts at the top. With the scrotumless beta male who's head coach of this team.

There was no honor in this game.

A pathetic team lost pathetically. They managed to squeak out a loser point. Whoopdee doo.

It's called a loser point for a reason.

Don't even try tell me they looked good tonight either. If looking good while being a loser was something to strive for I would be going to singles bars in a tuxedo. I'd still strike out despite being the best dressed guy in the place.

Just looking good will never change a loser into a winner.

This isn't a lonely hearts club we're talking about though. This is the NHL. And the best looking losers in the league are the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Loo-ha-zerz.
Sounds like you just lack a little confidence.

Reactions: TMLBlueandWhite

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Woll and Nylander are okay. Not part of the problem, for sure. This game was lost because Leaf's push in the first failed. The Bruins entrenched themselves around the crease, and the Leafs had too few power forwards to storm it. Their first goal came after Tavares woke up and went to the net. Mathews' line was ineffective because only Knies can be regarded as a power forward. He tried, but it wasn't enough. This situation will repeat in the playoffs, where almost every team will play a tighter game. That means Marner can't play with Mathews in the playoffs. Two floaters is way too many. May be on the second line, where Bertuzzi balances him. Two strong power forwards are needed to make Mathews line work.

Reactions: TMLAM34 and horner

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
This is a loss that I am willing to take, they looked like they were going to lose with 15 seconds left in the 3rd and they were able to score to tie it which gives you at least a point for a tie after regulation. They couldn't get the bonus point because of Willy's blowing a tire and both Tavares and Mathews being caught up ice because of the 3 on 3 format. The Leafs played well last night and for most of the game were the better team and I think passed their test when playing top teams in the league.

horner

May 22, 2007
yup but on the winning goal he just couldn't give a f*** to even try to skate back , he's always has been a selfish f***ing prick who puts his stats over winning
Nylander wasnt back when the goal was scored.
Only Mo got back

Mathews finally decided to show up .

This is why we will never win a cup with this group.

We finally have a goaltender

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Neutral fan, I identify with Tavares because that is exactly what I do when there is a breakaway in my beer leagues!

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Tavares should not be out there in OT, he’s way too slow.

I don’t understand your point. even Rielly who is a fantastic skater couldn’t make up ground.
Shit turn over by Nylander. Tavares and Rielly are not to blame there. It’s a neutral zone regroup and Nylander skates to the middle with one hand on his stick. What do you expect Tavares and Rielly to do there?!

I still cant get over the overall lack of skill on our backend, but on a positive note, Lagesson and Benoit are growing on me.

9 hits 4 blocks across the 2 with simple and effective play.

Both in the heart of their prime years as well so are candidates for sound depth play when it counts.
I honestly love Benoit. Perfect physical 6th dman. It’s clear Klingberg was the reason that pairing was hot garbage in Anaheim but he’s a decent defenseman.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
How did Marchand not get a tripping penalty on Timmins (?) that led to the 2-on-1? Stick between the legs and pull him down, with no call.

Nylander covering his man (the left D), while Knies and Tavares are covering the same man while Knies' man (the right D) sneaks by both to score. (I knew someone would find a way to blame Willy, and I wasn't disappointed.) I'm surprised nobody blamed him for Pastrnak's.

Nice all round on Domi's goal - pickoff and pass by Jarnkrok, good saucer pass by Robertson, and slick finish.

Willy loses an edge, Woll and Rielly overcommit, and if course JT can't skate fast enough to get back. Carp everywhere.

I'm liking Lagesson.
Let’s get things straight not alternative truths

Willy wasn’t guarding his man on the second goal he was just standing in no man’s land. He had no idea what to do or where to go. Willy is still poor defensively despite what your opinion is, just have to watch the games.
In the overtime he knew he screwed up and was about to get hammered and he bailed. Took the easy way out. Just fall to avoid the hit.
Posters who say he is as good as Pasternak are living in a dream world. Willy is worth 9-9.5 at best.

Reactions: ToneDog

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Disagree

Leafs were the better team in that game, we outshot them in regulation and they scored one weak as shit goal and one iffy goal

The fact that we outshot them means nothing, we were losing the game in regulation, if anything we got lucky to tie the game, with 11 players standing in front of the goal.

In close games, especially with your goalie out, you put everything in the net. It doesn't mean you outplayed anyone.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Woll and Nylander are okay. Not part of the problem, for sure. This game was lost because Leaf's push in the first failed. The Bruins entrenched themselves around the crease, and the Leafs had too few power forwards to storm it. Their first goal came after Tavares woke up and went to the net. Mathews' line was ineffective because only Knies can be regarded as a power forward. He tried, but it wasn't enough. This situation will repeat in the playoffs, where almost every team will play a tighter game. That means Marner can't play with Mathews in the playoffs. Two floaters is way too many. May be on the second line, where Bertuzzi balances him. Two strong power forwards are needed to make Mathews line work.
Been saying this for a little while now. Knies is perfectly fine on a line with Matthews but he needs another player who can play a little physical, go to the net and retrieve pucks. When Matthews’ line mates play physical, he’s also a lot more engaged.

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
1. Tavares needs 88 and 16 needs 34 for 5x5 zone entry. 16 needs the open space of a pp to get zone entry.
2. Borg analogy. What Bert, Reaves, Domi like previous interchangeables bring to the collective is not what they are asked to do for the system, and there is not enough flexibility in the system to adapt to stress.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Glad Reaves stepped up. What a great addition. Actually he did step up…. He took a moronic penalty.

f***ing loser man. Absolute trash player and trash intimidation factor. Put this pos on waivers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad