Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Nylander playing way too much at the end and was gassed.

We have to find a way to get Reeves involved. His line mates should focus on dumping it in his corner for hits or move him on a different line once and awhile for energy. It’s impossible to make hits the way the fourth is playing.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Nylander playing way too much at the end and was gassed.

We have to find a way to get Reeves involved. His line mates should focus on dumping it in his corner for hits or move him on a different line once and awhile for energy. It’s impossible to make hits the way the fourth is playing.

Cutting into the middle of the ice without a full awareness isn't advisable in hockey.

You'll get smoked.

Last time he did that was for Team Sweden in the World Juniors, didn't work out so well either...

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Missed the game, my kid played tonight. Saw the tying goal and OT.

Rough.

Question: any fight or physical stuff to Marchand tonight???? Guessing not.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Thanks, but no thanks. I'd prefer not to watch another series where the Bruins have a 60 minute powerplay...

*yawn* Clearly the anti-Leaf main board of complete morons is out because blatant knee shots and two handed grabs are GOOD if the Leafs are the targets!

I'm sure I'll get hammered for this, but main board trolls:🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
You can't beat the refs and they make it so obvious.

Reactions: Al14

rutz

Aug 1, 2022
That was the worst play I have ever seen Nylander make in his career. Holy shit.
Where was JT on the back check?

Keefe overused the big guns in OT.. leaving Domi/Knies/Robertson on the bench late wasn’t the decision.
First Keefe starts Kampf in OT again wasting the 4th line centre for 45 seconds. And yes JT, Nylander<Mattews and Marner were on too long in OT. Thought Domi and Robertson speed would be useful in OT.

Dasher29

Apr 13, 2023
Good lord this fanbase in here is ridiculous, the only player that looked off most of the night was Woll, 1st and 3rd goals were on him, shouldn't he get the same treatment as Samsonov does?, the goalie let them down. Nylander blew a tire at the end and most in here seem all too happy to jump on him. Should he have dumped it in?, sure, maybe, but, where was our 2nd forward at? it's not like the goal went in right away. Some of you want to crucify players after any play, it's embarrassing.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
How did Marchand not get a tripping penalty on Timmins (?) that led to the 2-on-1? Stick between the legs and pull him down, with no call.

Nylander covering his man (the left D), while Knies and Tavares are covering the same man while Knies' man (the right D) sneaks by both to score. (I knew someone would find a way to blame Willy, and I wasn't disappointed.) I'm surprised nobody blamed him for Pastrnak's.

Nice all round on Domi's goal - pickoff and pass by Jarnkrok, good saucer pass by Robertson, and slick finish.

Willy loses an edge, Woll and Rielly overcommit, and if course JT can't skate fast enough to get back. Carp everywhere.

I'm liking Lagesson.

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
A lot of dumping on Willy tonight.

Not his best game by a long shot, but still, his only really bad play was losing an edge at the worst time.

He and Matty had 7 shots each. The top line had 19 shots. The other 9 forwards combined for 15. If either Matty or Knies had scored on any of several setups, we could have won.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
We give Marner and Matthews shit, but JT hasn't scored in 7. Need him to pot a goal every now and then.

Willy.... Oh how the mighty have fallen. Seems like all the elite moves he was pulling off earlier in the season just aren't working anymore. Too many gafs from him.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Thought the team played really well.

Woll gave up two softies and that cost them the game. He was good otherwise but those just cannot go in.

Good effort to push it to OT... not sure what Willie was doing there, but best to maybe not do that again.
He waved for his teammates to move up, then had to try to circle back when JT stopped and the D went to the bench. He lost an edge at the worst possible time.

Woll and Rielly overcommitted and JT is too slow to get back.

Reactions: Jojalu

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It sure looked to me that Nylander had money on a Bruins win !!!

So lackadaisical with the puck as the last man back !!!

Nylander with a single point since Sweden trip. Hero to zero since returning from Sweden.

I'll take the single point as our Leafs surely didn't deserve any points.

I just don't see what's so great about the Bruins. They are structurally sound, so coaching is doing a good job.

Not a happy Leafs fan tonight !!!
Only four Leafs have more points than Willy's 2 since Sweden, and he still leads the team by 4 so far.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Missed the game, my kid played tonight. Saw the tying goal and OT.

Rough.

Question: any fight or physical stuff to Marchand tonight???? Guessing not.
OT was pretty good, not a good result but fairly awesome.

I hate playing the Bruins, because they own our ass. It sucks, because they will never just pretty please start to suck.

Only four Leafs have more points than Willy's 2 since Sweden, and he still leads the team by 4 so far.

Only 4? Is that bad? (I mean the 4 players, not the points btw)

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I think Willy is better then he use to be going through a slump. A lot better. He will find the net soon. Not worried.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It's wierd how this loss feels almost like a win but the win vs Seattle felt like a loss.
The Leafs had some pushback tonight. It was a good game.

I especially liked Rielly getting under Pasternak's skin with less than a minute left. Pasta complained to the refs and then came off the ice. Then the Leafs scored.

This time it was the Leafs with sime extracurriculars and the Bruins losing their composure.

I liked that.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
They really showed Marchand.

This team has a well earned reputation for being pacifist wimps. That all starts at the top. With the scrotumless beta male who's head coach of this team.

There was no honor in this game.

A pathetic team lost pathetically. They managed to squeak out a loser point. Whoopdee doo.

It's called a loser point for a reason.

Don't even try tell me they looked good tonight either. If looking good while being a loser was something to strive for I would be going to singles bars in a tuxedo. I'd still strike out despite being the best dressed guy in the place.

Just looking good will never change a loser into a winner.

This isn't a lonely hearts club we're talking about though. This is the NHL. And the best looking losers in the league are the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Loo-ha-zerz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad