Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Can't think of a forward who didn't kill everything they touched tonight
Talking more so about the 5 games this year. Him and Simmonds have been our worse offensive zone players. Problem is Simmonds is our only tough vet, and he won't be scratched with him also serving as a potential fighting spark plug. Joe is injured it appears. Vesey does more harm than good on the ice right now. Giving him time off, and having him compete with Anderson/Engvall could be the spark needed for him to up his performance.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Man, this forum is too much. It's like some people here expect this team to be 56-0? We were the better team for most of the game and all the bounces went against us. I can accept loses like this. Why are people bitching?
cause everything is the refs fault but forget we didnt do **** all till Matthews goal.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No, but lack of scoring from other guys that are not Willy, Matthews, Marner, and JT is concerning. Same shit happened against Columbus. Same shit is going to happen this playoffs too in May.

I can get behind that. Our secondary scoring has been awful!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Weren't you big on the Sabres cast-off in Bogosian during TBs cup run?

I liked it when Tampa added Bogosian. I liked it when the Leafs added Bogosian. Doesn't mean adding any unproductive Buffalo Sabre is a sure fire method for success.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
We no longer have a rush. We are worried about zone entries and circling for 2 minutes in O Zone. I believe our strategy is to put them to sleep and try low % point shots in traffic. There is zero offense or creativity.

Reffing was egregious again.

Vesey still sucks

Still need to juggle first 2 lines. Thornton.

Thornton is not top 6.

Gross, just gross.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
McDavid wasn’t very noticeable outside of a few 1 on 1 rushes. Thankfully the Leafs have Holl and his long body and strong skating defending against him.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I mean I think it's fair. We're 3-2, falling behind already in the division, and really we've only played 2 good games of the 5.

Not time to lose it mentally, but I can understand some of the doom and gloom.

You're panicking? After 5 games of 56, after a game where we lost because we were unlucky? We're going to lose some games, that's just reality.

Why are people so polar here? If we win, we're the best team in the division; if we lose a tight game (where we were clearly unlucky), it's mass hysteria. There's no in between with fans here.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I thought Toronto competed hard and deserved a win. A few crazy unfortunate bounces, this could have been a 5-2 win.

Refs absolutely boned us
We say this all the time. “Oh if it weren’t for the bounces”, but when do we actually get those bounces, we certainly don’t help ourselves either by trying to create favourable ones, and instead always pin it on this excuse this team needs to get their head out of their asses but then again they always do, the promptly shove their heads back in after a good performance or two

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I mean I think it's fair. We're 3-2, falling behind already in the division, and really we've only played 2 good games of the 5.

Not time to lose it mentally, but I can understand some of the doom and gloom.

I wouldn't characterize the Leafs falling behind in the division. Canada isn't exactly full of flawless powerhouses.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Well a pretty sloppy, ugly game. Puck bouncing all night long. Couldn't generate anything much to be honest. It was like that both ways. I thought Oilers just got that one extra bounce.

Guys definitely didn't have their legs tonight. Matthews, Kerfoot and Mikheyev were the only guys who showed up. Team has played a lot of hockey and with the attention to defense and containing McDavid they just got put to sleep.

On nights like this you would like to see Simmonds drop the gloves or a big check. He had some nice chances too dont get me wrong, hopefully Jumbo is okay too.

It's okay, we're seeing them 3 more times soon. I expect a better game.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
McDavid wasn’t very noticeable outside of a few 1 on 1 rushes. Thankfully the Leafs have Holl and his long body and strong skating defending against him.
Agreed, outside of those 3-4 rush chances and the 3on1 open net he set up it was a quiet night.

Man, I wish our stars' had that type of a quiet night.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
cause everything is the refs fault but forget we didnt do **** all till Matthews goal.
I mean neither did the oilers. We had some nice pp chances. Oilers didn't look good at all either with very few chances. The game was a boring snooze fest where both sides made sloppy plays and couldn't control the puck. The oilers had 14 shots through 2 periods, which was terrible. Leafs played a solid 1st possessing the puck often but not being able to find shooting lanes/overpassing. 2nd the Oilers won the period by limiting leafs chances and playing a very conservative game, and the third was even before the penalty. This game looked more like 2 lottery teams than 2 hopeful cup contender

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
No need to overreact, we werent necessarily even outplayed. Just a dull lifeless game that was ultimately decided by a terrible reffing call. Just move on and win Friday to split the series

Reactions: ktownhockey

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
No, but lack of scoring from other guys that are not Willy, Matthews, Marner, and JT is concerning. Same shit happened against Columbus. Same shit is going to happen this playoffs too in May. There is a ton of junk around these top 4 forwards.

Dubas and Co. didn't leave enough dollars for anyone other than the top 4. What did you expect?

We've filled out roster with 4th liners and aging sunsetting players.

The pandemic breaking the cap certainly didn't help.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

How come the Oilers didn't get a phantom penalty against them leading to a Leafs game winning PP goal? Or a cheesy call like the one against Marner?

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
tenor.gif

Reactions: Critical91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad