Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You're panicking? After 5 games of 56, after a game where we lost because we were unlucky? We're going to lose some games, that's just reality.

Why are people so polar here? If we win, we're the best team in the division; if we lose a tight game (where we were clearly unlucky), it's mass hysteria. There's no in between with fans here.
The problem is that the team didn’t just lose a loss. This team rarely doesn’t outplay themselves, we just watched the worst defence and goaltending in the division almost neuter us offensively, it felt like the CBJ series, but without all those fake perimeter shots that brought the shot totals up

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No, but lack of scoring from other guys that are not Willy, Matthews, Marner, and JT is concerning. Same shit happened against Columbus. Same shit is going to happen this playoffs too in May. There is a ton of junk around these top 4 forwards.

Does not help when most of the big 4 decide to take nights off. Guess it is their answer to load management.

Reactions: LastOne2100

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Tonight's 3 stars:

upload_2021-1-20_21-51-43-png.386338

If one bad penalty call is enough to bring the Leafs to their knees against a garbage team - is this a playoff team, let alone a cup contender?

Mar 14, 2011
Credit to the Oilers. Shut us down all night.

Brutal call on Muzzin didn't f***in help either.
Yet the Habs scored 8 goals in 2 games against these same Oilers team, nothing else to say, they truly are the superior offensive team.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
You're panicking? After 5 games of 56, after a game where we lost because we were unlucky? We're going to lose some games, that's just reality.

Why are people so polar here? If we win, we're the best team in the division; if we lose a tight game (where we were clearly unlucky), it's mass hysteria. There's no in between with fans here.

That's hyperbolic. I think the vast majority of us think the Leafs are an above average team, but clearly not the best (right now) in the division. No one's panicking, except maybe the people calling for Maner/Matthews heads.

Reactions: Burnie97

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Missed the game. Appears that I didn't miss much.
21 pages the last game (took two days), a win. Already 8 pages after 20 minutes today. I swear, half of the Leaf fans on HockeyFuture live to see the team lose.

Come on boys, time to roll up the sleeves and get ready for Friday. GLG!

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Rielly and Muzzin were much worse tonight. Rielly probably bobbled the puck 10 times tonight
Stepping up at terrible times and missing checks that allow odd-man rushes against, terrible pinches, lobbing the puck uselessly at the net on a pp, nice rushes that end without any kind of scoring chance. Oh and he can't really defend all that well either.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
lol sure but puck luck is a real thing. You need bounces to go your way in order to win. And I think us leafs fans hold on to losses way harder than any other fan base. It’s a long season, the puck didn’t bounce for us tonight. We had some chances and didn’t bury.

I know we want to win every night but it’s not going to happen. Even the best teams in the NHL lose. Has a team this year even won 3 in a row yet?

It's not about winning every night. That's never going to happen, as I alluded to in my previous post. It's about displaying consistent, winning habits, that will carry you through a 7 game playoff series (followed by several other) when the calls and bounces aren't going your way. When adversity, inevitably, strikes.

I'm not emotional about the loss. I'm disappointed that this team, like past Leaf teams, doesn't display winning qualities on a routine basis... For example...

1. 60 minute effort.

2. Capitalizing on high danger chances on nights the offense isn't coming easy for you.

3. Avoiding silly penalties like too many men, and delay of game.

4. Giving up goals in the final minute of a period.

I could go on, but I think you get my point. Toronto doesn't do enough of the basic things consistently enough to win at a high level in the playoffs, which is all that matters.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
This team is trash. The sooner Boy wonder realizes that he needs to spread the wealth, this team will never be able to win multiple playoff rounds. They have to win one round first as well

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
We say this all the time. “Oh if it weren’t for the bounces”, but when do we actually get those bounces, we certainly don’t help ourselves either by trying to create favourable ones, and instead always pin it on this excuse this team needs to get their head out of their asses but then again they always do, the promptly shove their heads back in after a good performance or two

It's hard to blame the bounces when you only generate 4 HDCF.

We only deserved to win because Edmonton was absolutely atrocious. We defended well, so the boys do deserve some props for that. The defending does seem to be improving.

It feels like we really rely on Matthews to win us every game, and somehow, he usually pulls it off.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I mean I think it's fair. We're 3-2, falling behind already in the division, and really we've only played 2 good games of the 5.

Not time to lose it mentally, but I can understand some of the doom and gloom.
We're still 1st in the division? Point %wise we're in the middle, but it's 5 games. lol

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hey Toronto fans, got an honest/ well-intentioned question for you guys.

What's going on with the ice quality in Toronto this year? Why does it seem so much worse than previous years? I wasn't the only one on the Habs boards who noticed it last week, today's game against the Oilers was much less smooth than the Oilers home ice was a couple days ago.

I hope they figure it out for you guys quick. I know it disadvantages y'all because your team thrives on those quick passes and plays but I'd rather have the funner hockey that goes along with smooth ice than watch slog fests.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

What's going on with the ice quality in Toronto this year? Why does it seem so much worse than previous years? I wasn't the only one on the Habs boards who noticed it last week, today's game against the Oilers was much less smooth than the Oilers home ice was a couple days ago.

I hope they figure it out for you guys quick. I know it disadvantages y'all because your team thrives on those quick passes and plays but I'd rather have the funner hockey that goes along with smooth ice than watch slog fests.

It's been f***ing garbage for almost 4 years now, but this year...it's somehow worse, even though it's barely being used.

We hate it.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017

It's been this way for years and is getting worse every year. Our management refuses to acknowledge it or spend any money to improve it, despite it being a serious and obvious issue that multiple players have complained about.

Just another middle finger to Leafs fans.

Reactions: saffronleaf

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
40 mil on 4 forwards, that's what you get. The team is filled out around them with a ton of junk.

They could have paid 100 million on 4 forwards for all I care as long as it wasn't 50% of the cap.

Dont think this team will ever go deep in the playoffs or acheive much with such cap allocation.

Rielly's contract will be up soon and Hyman is also a UFA next season i think the situation might only get bad for the next few years

Dubas has completely ruined it; i will be happy to eat crow because I care about Leafs success more than being right; but I doubt I will be proven wrong

Reactions: hudster and binop7

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Missed the game. Appears that I didn't miss much.
21 pages the last game (took two days), a win. Already 8 pages after 20 minutes today. I swear, half of the Leaf fans on HockeyFuture live to see the team lose.

Come on boys, time to roll up the sleeves and get ready for Friday. GLG!

lol you didn't have to watch the game you don't know what we went through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad