Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Leafs need to play the style of the habs. That is why the habs have the better team. They have a team that plays the right way. If the leafs would actually get their nose dirty and drive the net, with their skill they would be lethal. But the fact is, these flamingos don’t have drive and hard hat mentality.

agreed 100. Talent wise we are better than MTL. But they have been coached and have the personnel that understand you have to get to the dirty areas to score

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Also having so many sports apps is such a curse. I turned the game off immediately after the EN goal and over the past 10 minutes I’ve had the Leafs app, the Score, and the Athletic tell me “Leafs lose 3-1” like yeah motherf***ers I know! Stop reminding me I’m trying to forget it.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Now that there, was some office space type of dirt.... nothing emotional, no energy, nothing, from both teams :biglaugh: More of these please. Ice hockey IS DEAD. Do something man, like marchand does. irritate a motha. We have them thugs to do it. Go to twerk. Hopefully thornton isn't out long. I'm out suckas.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Don’t waste your time spouting how good your favourite player played

The WHOLE team sucked. Not one player showed up

Keefe outcoached again in the last five minutes. Put on your 5 best
Then call a timeout, put them back on.

Bottom six not contributing anything offensively

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
This depth Dubas has assembled is really....something.

Hopefully Thornton is healthy but spontaneously retires.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
it’s a 7 team mini tournament.

we have taken 6 of 10 points.

we have given away 5 of 10 points.

I guess we are up 1 on the pack?

Dubas shouldn’t be nervous...... yet.... but it’s been an uninspiring last quarter of last season, a failure of a play in round and a meh, start to the season.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Outgoalied??? Vesey banked one off Muzzin, the second one bounced off a skate cross crease to the reigning Art Ross winner, and the third one was an empty netter. Freddy sucked the first two games but calling this one an "outgoalied" game is wack af dude.

Yeah blaming Freddy for this one is such a cop out. The team sucked top to bottom. I'm not sure the best goalie in the NHL can make up for this garbage level of compete from our skaters.

Reactions: LeafGrief

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
1000 times this. People blamed concerts and the Raptors, but there's clearly a bigger problem and MLSE needs to step up and spend some money to fix it.

If you have a multi use arena your ice will not be good. It’s just a fact. No technology is going to help you with that lol

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I can live with a loss, but this one is disturbing after watching the Habs dummy that team two times last week.

We've lost games to two of the weakest teams in the league in Ottawa and Edmonton.

We knew our top 4 would have to carry the load, but the other 8 forwards + defence are contributing almost nothing offensively so far.
Unfortunately the remaining 8 forwards are low paid low skill or over the hill low paid players. That’s what you get when you pay 4 forwards 50% of the cap.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Keefe needs to pull Matthews and Marner aside and tell them to cut out the overly fancy bullshit, enough is enough. Seems like they're obsessed with making the highlight reel all the time.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
The lines need to be completely changed. It’s beyond stupid having Thornton with Matthews and Marner.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not Freddie's fault, but the stars on TOR did not show any life. Completing passes would have been nice for a change. Too many bobbled pucks and giveaways.

A loser's race tonight.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
lol I can’t with this board. Look at how Edmonton scored their goals, own goal, phantom call pp goal, empty net. They literally got every break

Great teams (which is what Toronto strives to be) aren't consistently in a position to lose anytime the calls and bounces aren't going their way. They have a winning standard, that holds up a lot of nights. Even when things aren't entirely going their way.

The margin for error is too slim for Toronto because they don't consistantly display winning habits and they are still prone to losing ones.

"They" say that you don't start winning until you learn to stop losing. Toronto still can't figure out how to win these games when they don't bring their best. That's why playoff hockey is a nightmare for them.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Thornton is out for any amount of time:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Barabanov-Spezza-Boyd

I don't care if you have to lean heavily on the top two lines. What are we paying 4/6 of them a collective $40 million for if they can't handle being leaned on.

Reactions: Critical91

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Don’t waste your time spouting how good your favourite player played

The WHOLE team sucked. Not one player showed up

Keefe outcoached again in the last five minutes. Put on your 5 best
Then call a timeout, put them back on.

Bottom six not contributing anything offensively

3rd line generated a great scoring chance. Had Spezza reacted better it would have been a tie game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad