Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Again, same issues as in the play in against Columbus. Nobody other than the top 4 forwards can score. Kappy and AJ couldn't score either but they were replaced by crappier, older, slower players.
Yes. Long stretches of no offense has been a problem since towards the end of last season as well. Something is wrong with this team.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Team is still a joke. What else is there to say. 1 goal against EDM lol.

Montreal is for sure a better team than we are imo

Also Montreal isn’t better than us. Montreal is a speedy team that drives the net. That is why they can score 5 goals against Edmonton and their shitty goaltending. If Toronto wants to score they need to stop playing perimeter offense.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Same old Leafs. No consistancy in effort from game to game and they don't do the little things neccessary to feast on these bad teams.

We now have an early season loss to Ottawa and Edmonton, the two worst teams in the North division. But loses were the same old effort issues.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just couldn't generate a lot but were good defensively. Got outgoalied which will be common for us.
Refs are aeful
Nice of Marner to lay an egg after 2 good games. I get he invented passing and criticism isn't allowed, but man this guy makes 11 million? Yikes.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Lost a game were 2 of their goals were off unfortunate deflections, and the GWG coming off a PP where the ref had no business calling a penalty; and top that with snake bit powerplay and Spezza missing a tap in. Unlucky game. But the leafs also had very little urgency when we needed it, they gotta be better.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Refs with the blatant, biased game management.

Two phantom calls on Marner and Muzzin with the latter being inexcusably bad. It was the Oilers' player's own teammate with the trip...Leafs tie the game? Phantom call. You'd expect a call the other way favouring TO trailing the game, right? Wrong.

Say what you want about the performance (ugly), this PP disadvantage has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. Take a look at the PP opportunities-for over the last 2+ years.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
What a bizarre, frustrating, and disappointing game. A whole bunch of negatives up and down the lineup, but Freddy is in fine form, which is the only real positive I'll take from this one. Okay, I think our defense is still playing quite well, so we've got that going. But woof, what a crappy two and a half hours of "entertainment"

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Next game should be 12 F and 6 D.
If Thornton is out I would call up Anderson and play him with JT and Nylander.

hyman Matthews Marner
Nylander Tavares Anderson
Engvall Kerfoot Mik (line worked well together last year)
Vesey Spezza Simmonds

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Bad hockey by both teams and refs with the assist on the game winning goal. What a f***ing joke.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Garbage reffing again. Are we ever going to get more powerplays than the other team? We looked skittish all night. Disappointing game by the big boys except Matthews. One of those games where they got all the breaks.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
What can you even do. The Leafs had momentum and got a penalty called on them as the opponents tripped themselves. That led to momentum loss and the winning goal. If the roles were reversed, I struggle to see how "game management" or a makeup call wouldn't have landed. It sucks when the bad refs are consistently bad in one direction.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
We lost that game because of offense. Not too often you hear that with the leafs. We just couldn't get a pass on the tape tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: leafsfan5

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
Just couldn't generate a lot but were good defensively. Got outgoalied which will be common for us.
Refs are aeful
Nice of Marner to lay an egg after 2 good games. I get he invented passing and criticism isn't allowed, but man this guy makes 11 million? Yikes.
Sorry out-goalied? Man there is a lot of people that don't watch the games in this thread.

Reactions: IPS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad