Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Must also keep in mind, boys have played 5 games in 7 nights. 3 off days between that stretch.

I try to think of making this an excuse, but then you look at the rest of the schedule and it's this way pretty much until March 14th.

March 14th play in Ottawa, and then 5 days later a back-to-back at home against Calgary.

Reactions: Menzinger

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Extreme opinions other than one's own are always hilarious.

The Oilers have more things to worry about to be sure. But the Leafs still have plenty to worry about. They've played the most games, but not going to be that hard for Calgary and/or Montreal to blow past them.

Every Leaf loss just being bad luck is itself a pretty hilarious thing. The Leafs are so good they can't actually lose on merit. The only explanation is always just gosh darn bad luck.

Habs swept the Oilers in Edmonton and I believe Oilers were oh for 10 on the PP. Next match vs Habs should give us a better indication what this leaf team is.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Habs swept the Oilers in Edmonton and I believe Oilers were oh for 10 on the PP. Next match vs Habs should give us a better indication what this leaf team is.
People that say oh you didnt even beat the Oil who got pumped by Habs.

But that's not fair.

On flipside you can say Edmonton played the way they did tonight because they got pumped.

Even then with Edmonton playing TIPPETT hockey, we easily could have walked away with a win. It sucks to lose on phantom calls don't get me wrong, but those will even up through the year.

Reactions: ToneDog

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Extreme opinions other than one's own are always hilarious.

The Oilers have more things to worry about to be sure. But the Leafs still have plenty to worry about. They've played the most games, but not going to be that hard for Calgary and/or Montreal to blow past them.

Every Leaf loss just being bad luck is itself a pretty hilarious thing. The Leafs are so good they can't actually lose on merit. The only explanation is always just gosh darn bad luck.

The Leafs can lose on merit, just like they did against Ottawa the first time. They did not deserve to win that game. This game is not even remotely similar. Edmonton did not look any better than we did, but they had a couple of calls and a really stupid bounce go their way. We did not have those bounces or those calls. That was the difference. It happens, but if people are looking at this game and thinking that we are not making the playoffs as a result, then that is hilarious.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Would be embarrassing to be swept by the Oil after they were swept by the Habs so I expect them to bounce back Friday. Sunday and Tuesday vs Calgary will be a good test.

Reactions: leafsfan5

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
People that say oh you didnt even beat the Oil who got pumped by Habs.

But that's not fair.

On flipside you can say Edmonton played the way they did tonight because they got pumped.

Even then with Edmonton playing TIPPETT hockey, we easily could have walked away with a win. It sucks to lose on phantom calls don't get me wrong, but those will even up through the year.
Yup we did not get the breaks but they out worked us. Even so we scored 1 goal on the team with the worst goaltending in the division and Barrie on D. Gotta find a way to score because teams will use the same formula against us.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I understand the frustration in this thread but the leafs will definitely make the playoffs.
But we are not built to succeed in the playoffs.
This will be Dubas’ final year. I just hope an overpriced player or two follows him out the door. This team has no soul

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Yup we did not get the breaks but they out worked us. Even so we scored 1 goal on the team with the worst goaltending in the division and Barrie on D. Gotta find a way to score because teams will use the same formula against us.
On nights like this you'd like to see Simmonds bring energy. See some guys on 3/4 line score. Sucks Marner was off, otherwise I thought they'd get a few. The pace of the game really threw off the boys. Lots of one and done too.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The Leafs were not the worse team tonight.

And as sucks as it does to lose, these frustrating games will happen from time to time

We weren't exactly good

Our expected goals rate after the 1st 2 periods 5v5 was extremely underwhelming

We were still a **** sandwich

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Seeing Vancouver look so much better tonight after some absolutely awful games is a reminder that we shouldn’t dwell too long on this loss.

Side note - is Sandin just chilling with the team? I don’t love the idea of him sitting in the press box for weeks at a time.

Reactions: BTP

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Winnipeg plays like crap against a poor Ottawa team, not only manage to take it to OT, the get the whole W.

Leafs play crap against a poor Edmonton team, fail to even get a point.

Just once can the Leafs not play their best and still pull out a result? Just gifting wins to the worst this division has to offer.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Would be embarrassing to be swept by the Oil after they were swept by the Habs so I expect them to bounce back Friday. Sunday and Tuesday vs Calgary will be a good test.

Embarrassing to lose 2 straight to the Oil.... a very odd thought. Not what comes to mind for me.
Questioning who would be embarrassed?
The coaches, players, their wives, fans. Who are you referencing?
Anyone who watched the game would have to admit Leafs were at least equal to Edmonton tonight. A 50-50 game.

If they lose Friday oh well, Leon and Connor must have done their thing.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Tonight's 3 stars:

upload_2021-1-20_21-51-43-png.386338

It’s missing Kyle Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad