PTO: Leafs invite Brandon Prust to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'd like to see Prust earn a spot in the starting lineup, but I don't think he's going to be able to due to the logjam of veteran forwards under contract.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He loves playing against the sens.

And watching their fans get riled up over him is even better, for that reason alone you guys should sign him.

I don't think I've ever seen him score a goal or win a fight against them

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
He would be signed to play 3 minutes a night and punch people in the face. Who cares if he can't play anymore. His job would be to keep rats away from the rookies, not score goals.

It's pretty funny seeing non-Leafs fans making a big deal out of the Leafs signing a potential 13th forward.

The fans that are behind the tank. He would potentially take away a spot from a young player, which from my understanding is the entire purpose of the leafs direction - get younger/full on re-build

Think I made it pretty clear it's not a big deal when I highlighted the fact it's a PTO..

Good try though, was just pointing out that Prust sucks, even at punching people for 3 minutes a night like you are suggesting.. He didn't do a good job at that in Vancouver. The only time he fought was in a staged fight rather than "protecting" the young players on the Canucks roster. He failed to fill that exact role in Vancouver, so what makes you think he would do it in Toronto? The guy literally quit the team when young players were being played over him.

Last edited:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The fans that are behind the tank. He would potentially take away a spot from a young player, which from my understanding is the entire purpose of the leafs direction - get younger/full on re-build

Think I made it pretty clear it's not a big deal when I highlighted the fact it's a PTO..

Good try though, was just pointing out that Prust sucks, even at punching people for 3 minutes a night like you are suggesting.. He didn't do a good job at that in Vancouver. The only time he fought was in a staged fight rather than "protecting" the young players on the Canucks roster. He failed to fill that exact role in Vancouver, so what makes you think he would do it in Toronto? The guy literally quit the team when young players were being played over him.

I agree with you. Stick a fork in him-I don't like the idea of him having a spot, with the NHL club, and I think the other 18 forwards (give or take) actually can play.

I do think he quit on the Canucks due to the distance from his fiancée, as well as losing his spot.

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
If he does accept it I hope he makes the team. I liked Prust when he was a Flame and still like him as a player. He will bring some more grit to the Leafs.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
All kidding aside, prusty came out with fire in October (the Canucks only healthy month last season), then got injured, then injured again, and he wasn't effective at all after October, which basically describes the season overall for the squad.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Prust as a 13th forward who plays in case of injury or when someone needs a night off im ok with as a Leafs fan.

Leafs are a relastively young team, and from what everyone says about the guy Prust is a true players-player. Trains hard, listens to his coaches and leaves it all on the ice.

Not a bad guy to have mentoring a pretty young core.

Vets being Lupul (Robidas-ed?) Laich, Michalek, Polak, Hunwick, I can see why the brought him in for training camp.

Id be ok with a 4th line of Martins - Laich - Prust against teams that are known to be a bit rough. They wont be great for the +- but I think they might be able to instill some confidence into some of these young guys, show some real heart and determination.

I dont think the Leafs will be much better than last year, and IMO thats ok. If you can instill a good work ethic and mantra into the team next year, even at the cost of winning a few more games or giving a younger guy 8-10ish minutes a night, in the long run it could help the team.
So to be clear, im fine with the PTO, and ok with signing him if the summer off training helped him regain some of his skating. Long as its close to veterans minimum and he is used in a 13F role.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
He's anything but, he's an honest hockey player trying to make a living. Hes never done anything toolish as far as I can tell and I include the Stepan incident being that I'm a NYR fan. No risk move by the leafs.

Definitely a tool ... Prust is garbage.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Canucks fan who thought he didn't get a fair shake. Treated him like crap and seems like management expected too much from him. Basically we gave up on him before even giving him a chance. While I love Burrows, there were times when he was faaaaaaaar worse than Prust.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
love prusty..still a good passer who can be a checker but he's completely lost any foot speed he might have had...
this is good for maripier though..she'll be able to visit her fiancee more easily lol

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Lol- he's there to round out training camp as a few of our guys are going to the world hockey championship. Prust won't make the team :p

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Typical Lou invite. "This guy was a pain in my ass 8 years ago, let's sign him now that he's all worthless and washed up."

In Prust's case, he's always been a washed up piece of **** and just generally low-quality human being, so I guess Lou didn't miss out on much.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That High Ankle sprain ruined him last year, and he was already slow to begin with.

I think he'll be cut pretty quickly

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
All kidding aside, prusty came out with fire in October (the Canucks only healthy month last season), then got injured, then injured again, and he wasn't effective at all after October, which basically describes the season overall for the squad.

So your saying ... as Prust went so went the Canucks?

Seems like he is still in integral player.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Looks like the leafs are trying to add toughness to their lineup.

Given they draft quite a few big guys at the draft I'm not surprised they would try to beef up their 4th line.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
NHL has passed guys like Prust bye, he is nowhere talented enough to play in the league at this point in his career, if he wants to continue playing it's the A for him and that may be a stretch.

buttman*

Typical Lou invite. "This guy was a pain in my ass 8 years ago, let's sign him now that he's all worthless and washed up."

In Prust's case, he's always been a washed up piece of **** and just generally low-quality human being, so I guess Lou didn't miss out on much.

You alright? You sound bitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad