PTO: Leafs invite Brandon Prust to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Guy was a warrior.

Identity defining player when he was here in NY.

Laid all out on the line. Helped two teams that weren't good enough, start winning games.

The Rangers in 11-12 totally overacheived. A lot of that was Brandon Prust.

PK. Block Shot. Fight Anyone. Literally Take on Any Comer.

Every game. Each and every game. This guy gave it his all. A true heart and soul warrior for the Rangers when he was here.

Prust punched above his weight for a long time. Now, not so much. At all. Guys like him should be happy they lasted as long as they did in the league.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
The ghost of Burke still haunts the office.

I like the move. Love his work ethic and how hard he plays. I think this is insurance in case they don't think one of the younger kids isn't "ready". Either that or they don't want to throw an offensive player on the 4th line. Ideally he signs a two way contract but I doubt that'll be the case. I'm rooting for him. I know he's past his prime but I absolutely loved him in Calgary and New York.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The highlight of his brief stint in Vancouver was spearing Brad Marchand in the nuts. Other than that, he was painful to watch. By far the worst player on a terrible team. He had one job and failed miserably at it over and over again.

I highly doubt he ever plays in the nhl again.

This.

I remembered there was something he did I liked, and yeah. It was the Marchand nut shot.

And that's it. He's seriously done in the NHL. There's no way he makes even the Leafs' roster.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Prust is done. He's a hell of a leader and great with bringing up the youth, but his style of play has caught up with him and his body is worn down. I'm not sure he could be an effective 4th liner anymore, but good luck to him in this tryout.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
He's anything but, he's an honest hockey player trying to make a living. Hes never done anything toolish as far as I can tell and I include the Stepan incident being that I'm a NYR fan. No risk move by the leafs.

He did plenty of toolish things as a Canuck.

Among them claiming that he's a "mentor" for the kids and then turning around and throwing a tantrum when he gets benched for one of them.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Prust is done. He's a hell of a leader and great with bringing up the youth, but his style of play has caught up with him and his body is worn down. I'm not sure he could be an effective 4th liner anymore, but good luck to him in this tryout.

Bolded is the Kool-Aid we got last season. 100% crap. He's not (anymore).

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
I know it's just a PTO but pretty funny seeing posters liking the possibility of Prust on the leafs. He's done. He threw a hissy fit when he was benched for a younger player that he was brought in to mentor on the Canucks last season. He can't skate, he doesn't really fight when he needs to other than staged fights. Used to love the guy, and then he came to the Canucks..

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I know it's just a PTO but pretty funny seeing posters liking the possibility of Prust on the leafs. He's done. He threw a hissy fit when he was benched for a younger player that he was brought in to mentor on the Canucks last season. He can't skate, he doesn't really fight when he needs to other than staged fights. Used to love the guy, and then he came to the Canucks..

Please direct me to the hoards of Leafs fans liking the possibility of having him.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Tank for 1st OA starts with Prust.

His Wife Marie does more for the game of hockey than this guy....

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I say sign the guy and only play him against Philly, Buffalo, Columbus, etc.

No need for him in the line up most nights, but would come in handy from time to time.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
A throwback to the days when the Leafs were full of idiots: Green, Tucker, Corson, McCabe, Domi

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

He would be signed to play 3 minutes a night and punch people in the face. Who cares if he can't play anymore. His job would be to keep rats away from the rookies, not score goals.

It's pretty funny seeing non-Leafs fans making a big deal out of the Leafs signing a potential 13th forward.

ForSpareParts*

So many people here just to slam the door twice on Prust.

It's a PTO! If he has improved his skating, etc. he'll make it. Likely he'll be a Marlie. Is there something wrong with each scenario?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
So many people here just to slam the door twice on Prust.

It's a PTO! If he has improved his skating, etc. he'll make it. Likely he'll be a Marlie. Is there something wrong with each scenario?

...Players tend to not improve their skating once they're on the other side of 30 though.

ForSpareParts*

...Players tend to not improve their skating once they're on the other side of 30 though.

OK, but I am not saying that he is going to all of a sudden skate like Larkin.

Improve his skating to what he was (or close), or improve his skating enough to make the team.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
He loves playing against the sens.

And watching their fans get riled up over him is even better, for that reason alone you guys should sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad