PTO: Leafs invite Brandon Prust to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Doubt he even makes the team out of camp, a lot of hungry young players right there and ready to push the past his prime Prust.

IME

Feb 21, 2008
The Cloud
I have a pet theory on PTOs. GMs bring in PTOs partly to test their rookies and fringe guys against NHL talent, and PTOs won't take it easy in training camp because they are trying out for their livelihood. A desperate Prust is bound to bring more intensity than Bozak who is guaranteed a spot.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I thought he would get a PTO with an AHL team, but then again it's the Leafs... :sarcasm: ;)

he played with an AHL team carried by a star goalie for a few years, so he knows what he is at

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Prust used to be fantastic with Montreal but he really slowed down with the injuries (shoulders I believe). Probably one of the most technically sound fighters we had with the Habs, even showed some hockey sense at some point. Hoping he can get his career back on track in Toronto but I doubt he can play anymore.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Really liked Prust's game when he was with NYR, but he was a shell of himself with MTL/VAN

Don't see him sticking around, and if he does it is for veteran minimum (maybe to add some grit to the Marlies and all their rookies?)

buttman*

Babcock is going to keep him, question is if he plays him enough that Leafs fans start pulling their hair out over it.

Don't be so sure. Leafs already have too many bodies and contracts. This is likely just to keep the creatins off the kids during camp.

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
Really liked Prust's game when he was with NYR, but he was a shell of himself with MTL/VAN

Don't see him sticking around, and if he does it is for veteran minimum (maybe to add some grit to the Marlies and all their rookies?)

I was fine with his play throughout his whole tenure in MTL. Ideal 4th liner, had grit, fought, decently skilled and put up respectable numbers for his role.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Greening/polak/laich/michalek/hunwick are all over 30...

You have guys 30+ on AHL teams too ;)

Greening and/or Michalek could lose their spot. You also have a metric ton of 18-22 guys that might make the roster (Rielly, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Soshnikov, Brown, Leipsic, Rychel) and 23-24 guys (Corrado, Hyman, Leivo, Zaitsev).

It could very well be a very young roster:

JVR (27) - Matthews (18) - Nylander (22)
Komarov (29) - Kadri (25) - Marner (19)
Rychel (21) - Bozak (30) - Soshnikov (22)
Martin (27) - Laich (33) - Hyman (24)
Greening (30) Michalek (31)

Marincin (24) - Rielly (22)
Gardiner (26) - Zaitsev (24)
Hunwick (31) - Polak (30)
Corrado (23)

Andersen (26)
Enroth (28)

This example is 25.73 in average age. It might change a bit, but I have a hard time seeing it go over 26.5. Youngest team last year was 25.258 and oldest was 28.227.

If any of Greening, Michalek or Laich get Lamoriello'ed it might get even lower.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
The highlight of his brief stint in Vancouver was spearing Brad Marchand in the nuts. Other than that, he was painful to watch. By far the worst player on a terrible team. He had one job and failed miserably at it over and over again.

I highly doubt he ever plays in the nhl again.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I haven't paid attention to him since he left for Vancouver but character guy. He's nothing more then a fourth liner. That being said he fights bigger guys on a regular basis and wins those fights. At his peak I would say he was pound for pound the best fighter in the league. He is a pretty small guy after all.

Babcock will like him I think. Hope he has something left in the tank cause I would be happy if he stayed in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad