PTO: Leafs invite Brandon Prust to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I sincerely wish him good luck, but he's done's as an everyday player since somewhere in 2014-15, and probably done as an NHL forward by now, too.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Really liked Prust's game when he was with NYR, but he was a shell of himself with MTL/VAN

Don't see him sticking around, and if he does it is for veteran minimum (maybe to add some grit to the Marlies and all their rookies?)

Meh, his best season was in Montreal, but whatever...

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Actually had a good, but brief, run in Vancouver before his injury. Then he literally could not skate ... like could not move up and down the ice. If he's somehow improved his mobility over the summer he may have a shot. Don't rely on him to provide any toughness at all outside of sometimes bear-hugging opponents and falling down though. But yes, as mentioned he was absolutely god awful for 90% of his stint with the Canucks. Like shouldn't be in the NHL bad.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Actually had a good, but brief, run in Vancouver before his injury. Then he literally could not skate ... like could not move up and down the ice. If he's somehow improved his mobility over the summer he may have a shot. Don't rely on him to provide any toughness at all outside of sometimes bear-hugging opponents and falling down though. But yes, as mentioned he was absolutely god awful for 90% of his stint with the Canucks. Like shouldn't be in the NHL bad.

Any lingering injuries?

I don't see a fit though now, we have some toughness and grit on our team now...and if we wanted to recall someone...Clune is just as effective if not more then Prust at this point.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The highlight of his brief stint in Vancouver was spearing Brad Marchand in the nuts. Other than that, he was painful to watch. By far the worst player on a terrible team. He had one job and failed miserably at it over and over again.

I highly doubt he ever plays in the nhl again.

My least favourite player to watch from my least favourite Canucks season I ever watched. He was also painful off the ice with his lame twitter trash talk and complaining about his lack of ice time which he was lucky to get in the first place. The guy complained his way into the lineup one night at the cost of a lineup spot of a rookie that he was brought in to "mentor". I would have been mad if we signed the guy in free agency but to give up a pick and a 30 point player in Kassian for him was infuriating. Good riddance.

eviohh26*

I mean to be honest. Vancouver freaking sucked when he was here... And he was honestly 1 of the worst. This guy should be getting a PTO over in europe somewhere. He is below avg even in the AHL. Guy can just hold his own in a fight. Isn't even a good fighter.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Any lingering injuries?

I don't see a fit though now, we have some toughness and grit on our team now...and if we wanted to recall someone...Clune is just as effective if not more then Prust at this point.

Not sure. It was an ankle he banged up that took him down last year, and his mobility was pretty much zero after that; couldn't keep up with the play. Don't know his current status, but he wasn't a very mobile guy to begin with anyway. If anything I could see him getting an AHL contract and maybe being call-up depth.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
first Martin now prust leafs tryna have all teh goons they still gonna get pushed around tho LOOL:laugh:

Don't forget the Polak signing to Martin and Prust. One can say Leafs are certainly focusing on more 'testosterone and pugnacity' this offseason.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
I wish! Maybe if we hadn't traded futures to shore up our right side D and signed a decent top 6 veteran winger. No, it's a battle for a low playoff spot for us.

Patrick and liljegren are quite the prizes however.

corunnakid

Jun 28, 2016
He won't make team out of camp, someone is doing him a solid putting some $ in his jeans before he goes to Europe.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
He's anything but, he's an honest hockey player trying to make a living. Hes never done anything toolish as far as I can tell and I include the Stepan incident being that I'm a NYR fan. No risk move by the leafs.

I think there's a term for that. Like when someone is consistently a tool that you don't even notice he's a tool type of a thing.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Guy was a warrior.

Identity defining player when he was here in NY.

Laid all out on the line. Helped two teams that weren't good enough, start winning games.

The Rangers in 11-12 totally overacheived. A lot of that was Brandon Prust.

PK. Block Shot. Fight Anyone. Literally Take on Any Comer.

Every game. Each and every game. This guy gave it his all. A true heart and soul warrior for the Rangers when he was here.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I can't think of a worst fighter in the NHL. Literally (if you don't believe that please head over to our friends at Hockeyfights.com)

And to boot he even stopped "protecting" his team mates last year, watching Mccann get rag dolled and saying the kids have to stick up for themselves. Anyways, unless he completely learned how to skate this summer I can't see him being a useful player anymore.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Suddenly the Atlantic Division standings prediction threads make much more sense. The Leafs truly are being underrated.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He is a London, Ontario home-boy who won a Memorial Cup with the Knights.

The Leafs are doing him a favour but he won't make the team.

They will give him a chance to be seen, and maybe he will catch on somewhere outside the NHL. His days there are over and out.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think he will make it. 4th liner. Physical presence. He won't be there to score goals.

We have Laich and Martin already on the 4th line, this is an assumption but highly likely. I doubt they'd add Prust and waive someone like Leivo, who actually has potential, to sign a vet on his last legs. Leivo,Holland etc are looking for NHL jobs and it's pretty much do-or-die for them. I seriously doubt Prust can outplay either guy. I realize that Babcock isn't gonna go with a ton of rookies throughout the lineup but this is about protecting assets. Prust isn't an asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad