Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What would be the price for Schenn + Garland?

Kerfoot + Dermott (Cap Reasons) + 2022 1st + Rodion Amirov + 2023 2nd

would that be enough? not looking to start a fight here just spitballing
Would that actually improve the Leafs that much? Paying Amirov a 1st and a 2nd to realistically marginally improve the team seems like an absolutely terrible idea.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
He's a 2 dressed up as a 9. The guy caves under pressure and costs his team game after game since he's been in the league. He is the opposite of clutch. A major disappointment. And he is much slower now. He is terrible in his own end now, and that is saying something because he is a D man.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Would that actually improve the Leafs that much? Paying Amirov a 1st and a 2nd to realistically marginally improve the team seems like an absolutely terrible idea.
Schenn is what we need for a D-Man. Can eat minutes, is physical, signed for another year at a sub $1mil cap hit and is defensively sound. He can play up in the lineup as well.

Garland is probably one of my favourite players outside of the leafs. Physical and Chippy (even though he is smaller), and plays a smart defensive game.

He is also signed to a sub 5 million dollar cap hit for the foreseeable future.

I honestly am pretty happy with our prospect depth and am very confident in us being able to obtain skilled players in the 2nd round of the draft and beyond.

Maybe I’m offering TOO much, but on HFBoards as a leafs fan it’s better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

EDIT - I would also like to add that in this situation Holl would also have to be traded since there wouldn’t be any room for him. I feel he is probably worth at least a 3rd, if not a 2nd round pick which could be used to recoup any assets lost in this trade

Reactions: JKG33

NMacrules

May 30, 2021

Dhaliwal official account liked this tweet so assuming it is legit.

This rumour has BS written all over it. Dubas spoke yesterday and literally said they are not looking right now and is happy the way the team is built. Leafs rumours are BS

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
weird since Bruce seems to love this guy

hits a lot and he's got him playing close to 20 min/night

doubt it's just to showcase him for a trade

Is Vancouver looking to trade as much as everyone seems to think? It doesn't really line up with who they hired.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

This is just gross.

The 2nd is an overpayment for Schenn..

So two firsts, and a player outperforming Garland... for Garland? I mean seriously? :laugh:

This is a Miller type price... not a Garland.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

So all the Toronto expendables, late first and B prospect for what Canuvks gave up for Garland which was 9th overall pick and OEL 100 year contract? Is that the best you can do? Doesnt really solve any of the Canucks problems. Would rather trade Garland for Lysell of Bruins.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Luke Schenn has had a strange career arc. Happy to see he is playing well in his role though.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
This rumour has BS written all over it. Dubas spoke yesterday and literally said they are not looking right now and is happy the way the team is built. Leafs rumours are BS

No he didn't. He just said that he wants more time to evaluate the team at full health (lol rip Matthews) before he decides what they need. That doesn't mean he hasn't been kicking tires on certain players.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Probably a last resort/depth option. Dubas usually finds a way to add a quality piece but after the dust settles if Holl of Dermott move to bring in a better d Schenn could make sense. He might be too slow for thus team.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Leafs fans are certain they'll win the cup, so their first is basically a sixth rounder last time the Leafs won a cup.

so Leafs should trade their first and second for Luke Schenn.
I'm pretty sure 90% of leafs fans are afraid of another first rd exit so maybe u should stop saying bs out of your a.s

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Trading Schenn makes 0 sense for Vancouver. Their fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been looking for a partner for Hughes pretty much since Schenn left for Tampa? You've got a guy who wants to be there, plays well with your stud, and is signed for another year at basically league minimum.

I'm not saying Schenn is a guy that you don't trade, but it should take massive overpayment because of how good a fit he is

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'll believe it when I see it. Teams usually avoid re-treads, for whatever reason.

I would believe that the list of players Toronto is looking into is a long one though.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Trading Schenn makes 0 sense for Vancouver. Their fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been looking for a partner for Hughes pretty much since Schenn left for Tampa? You've got a guy who wants to be there, plays well with your stud, and is signed for another year at basically league minimum.

I'm not saying Schenn is a guy that you don't trade, but it should take massive overpayment because of how good a fit he is
Basically this… and schenn is only $850k with another year on his deal. So why rattle Hughes (again, he never has a consistent d partner)? So barring an overpayment we may as well just hold on to schenn for now. He’s out played his contract value to date anyways.

Reactions: JKG33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad